Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
South park has always been a hit and miss show concept wise, even in early seasons. The risk with the season long arcs that if the concept is bad, we get last season, with three broadly unrelated storylines one of which was pretty ordinary and the other that got hosed up by real life.

Season 19 had a much better approach, it mixed in fun once off concepts with the meta narrative (you're not yelping, the ninja one) which prevented the jokes in the meta from getting stale (girls are funny was not funny by about episode 5). It also prevents you putting all your eggs in the meta narrative basket, because if that goes south we get last season. I think I defended season 20 at the time, but I think it was largely because I was expecting a decent payoff. I didn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread