Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I've just started a Rogue Tech play through and utters going okay. It seems that pilots have a really low hit chance even with tag, homing beacons etc. It's seems like every fight rely drags on. I have to fence with the enemy lance until they mess up thrn focus down a mech. Is this intended or am I missing something.

It makes missions with reinforcements basically impossible because it takes so long to actually kill something I have to fight 7 mechs at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I've been doing a lot better now that my pilots have a few levels under their belt. I've been spamming as much ewar stuff as possible which also helps.

I did notice a bug that works in my favor. If you fire both an emp and a narc beacon if either hits you get the effects of both.

I just got a black knight to eject when all I have is a vindicater and shadow hawk for my heaviest stuff so that's nice.

I did remember reading something that missions scale to whatever you field's cost. So if I drop thst black knight with the rest of my crap am I going to see a bunch of heavies on 1 skulls?

MrTargetPractice fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 14, 2018

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

I downloaded RogueTech and I MISS like it, seems like there's MISS a lot of MISS variety in builds and mechs and MISS MISS the longer contracts are a real fun MISS idea MISS. Still, I do wish that MISS my mechs would MISS miss less often, or at least reduce the chance that TAG which seems MISS like it would MISS be easy MISS to aim misses the target

I had the same experience but it does get better. Get some points into gunnery, shoot fromthe sides/higher elevation, grt a targeting computer and you'll be fencing way less. Whist really put my over the edge is having a dedicated e-war mech. Get a bunch of flamers, a narc, tag, and emp and just unload on a mech and it'll become vastly easier to hit.

Something extra cheese you can do is use SRMs with inferno ammo instead of flamers. Not only do you get extra mileage out of a middle targeting computer (the emp and narc are missle) but due to a bug if any of the missles you fire hit it has a very good chance of applying all the debuffs.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Prism posted:

How much harder is Roguetech, and does it include that mod that makes evasion pips never fall off until you knock the mech over? (I've heard mixed messages on that one.)

I like More Stuff but I want to know what I'm getting into.

I would say it's harder after you get used to the changes there I'd just more going on which provides more to do.
It does have that evasion mod.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

Roguetech has a lot of cool stuff. But I cannot stand the changes to the combat. Is there any mods that add the bigger map, the war stuff and the additional gear/mechs without the combat changes?

I almost quit playing because of this but I'm glad I didn't. Get a EWar/flamer mech until you get some levels. Melee helps to because is has a good chsnce to knock off all the evasion.

DFA self damage is reduced with a piloting roll. I've had some success with a DFA gladiator with a high piloting mech.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

If you count heat Ewar is actually viable into the late game. I have an echidnea with a bunch of inferno srms,tag narc, and emp. It can keep 2 mechs from doing anything in theirturn, 3 if it's a hot map.

I just got a joetmugererrr or whatever it's called. I fit like 90 lrms to it. If my math is right I should be able to look down 4 or 5 mechs with inferno missles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Xarbala posted:

Man, there's already more crazy nonsense that already exists in canon than anybody knows what to do with. I don't see why RT feels the need to make up even more stuff. Also the whole making up "legendary variants" thing.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Orca_(BattleMech) Orca when

In the article you linked the Orca was called project omega so maybe the Omega is the Orca.