Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Idk why they keep making these dumb games when they peaked with Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pawl posted:

I hope this becomes a hot trend and we see new woke games like Assassins Creed: Punch Nazis

Battlefield Antifa: Make America Great Again

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

EvilJoven posted:

Which far cry was the far cry that was supposed to be all OMG open world but aside from one town there were no people aside from random bad guys with guns who would shoot at you and the same five missions over and over and over again?

This is like, every single Far Cry ever made, and Crysis.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

crysis/ warhead were both good for the first couple hours where you're the Predator insanely brutally murdering koreans in the jungle

Ah you don't have to tell me twice, stalking Korean soldiers on a jungle island like Predator was one of the best FPS experiences I've had

a hole-y ghost posted:

crysis was good up until the point you had to fight jellyfish

:agreed:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wait is this the new unpopular videogame opinions thread?

the only good FarCry was the one on the Wii.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Blood Dragon was eighties for people who were born after the eighties.

well there aren't many games where you can shoot lasers and bombs at cyborg PMCs and cyborg dinosaurs as a super soldier

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You will play as Eagle-Heart Hussein, a native American Muslim woman who must destroy the patriarchy after he husband moved the family to Montana.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think people who actually care about videogame story motifs are pathetic.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

*penis & balls size slider all the way up in character config*

:grin:

It just keeps going up!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Grevling posted:

Speaking of, why the gently caress isn't anyone rebooting Arcanum? Hopefully someone good I mean, please not Bethesda.

The guys who made Wasteland 2 would be perfect for rebooting Arcanum.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
when are they releasing Far Cry Fyre?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

that's essentially far cry 3

Oh poo poo you're right.

I guess I'll just have to wait for Far Cry: Ariana Grande concert

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though, this is going to be the first time since the original Deus Ex that I'll be looking forward to an Ubisoft game

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

Halo is also an example of a game with pretty fun enemies to fight for the first half of the game, and then th flood show up and poo poo starts going downhill fast.

I never understood or agreed with this criticism.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

The flood are just less interesting to fight. All that I can remember them doing is running towards you. There are ones that run at you with guns and there are two sizes of one that walks at you and explode.

Yeah but it's literally a "flood" of zombie aliens pouring in at you. It gets really tense when they show up, for instance The Library is one of the hardest missions in Halo. It feels like a real alien zombie invasion sometimes which is why I was never bored fighting them.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just defending the first Halo, the story pretty much falls apart after the first one.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Halo 2 is a lot like FarCry 5: racist religious hicks start invading territory and you have to go in and gently caress their poo poo up.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

I dunno about that, Mortal Kombat X had some pretty extreme graphic violence.

loving doom just came out last year

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Have you played Shadow Warrior 2? It splits enemies into gory chunks dynamically depending on how exactly you sliced them up with your sword and you can keep hacking them apart even after they're dead.

I was just about to post a shadow warrior 2 gif.

IMO shadow warrior > Doom

http://i.imgur.com/kUwsa4X.mp4

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fartbox posted:

Personally I thought it got really tedious. It was like playing a single player MMO. You just ran around the same looking places killing various versions of the same monster for loot. I think at some point I couldn't do certain content because my level wasn't high enough or something. I gave up and didn't finish it eventually. Maybe it was more fun in coop?

I think people get way too caught up on loot systems. I just keep the gun I want and every couple levels check if I have any better upgrades for them.

It's true you get a lot of poo poo thrown at you but you don't have obsessively go through your inventory every 5 mins if you don't want.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

the evolution of loot/inventory systems should have ended with the first Deus Ex. it's pointless to build on perfection.

Truth. Deus Ex was perfect in almost every way.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I remember liking ragdolls over gore as a kid, stabbing people into bloody chunks in Deus Ex and Unreal was funny for a while but I remember HL2 and Halo 2s ragdolls blowing me away.

Also Spider-Man 2, throwing people off the empire State building yet somehow they survive is almost funnier than them blowing up into gibs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

frajaq posted:

Since the announcement and setting of this looked interesting I've tried the most recent games in the series to see if I like the gameplay.

Is it wrong if I'm liking Far Cry Primal more than Far Cry 4? Something about being more limited regarding weapons and actually caring about the animals as I explore make it more exciting than Far Cry 4 overpowered weapons

I think any divergence from their usual formula was going to sell well, 3 and 4 were carbon copies of the same game to me and with all the games that have been copying far cry, they definitely needed to try something new.

• Locked thread