Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*penis & balls size slider all the way up in character config*

:grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Chinatown posted:

But what about the breast slider?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I can't wait to hunt Americans with a compound bow.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

basic hitler posted:

Anyone who makes an argument that explicitly relies on death of the author, that is you must deliberately ignore known authorial/creative intent in order to make your case, you're a full of poo poo retard that's definitely a methane huffer. I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Nobody has actually argued in favor of death of the author you weird angry nerd

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He's right though

tips
Feb 16, 2011

Flubby posted:

I can't wait to climb some radio towers while Alice in Wonderland anecdotes make me question who's really the good guy in the situation, but not everyone's a thinking man.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Flubby posted:

:same: shoots self in face.

Chinatown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Q1acNbgiA&t=224s

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

It just keeps going up!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Siding with the dude and then lighting him up with your MG42 when he turns on you is the objectively correct choice in Far Cry 4. The FEMALE wanted you to sell heroin and blow up antiquities.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I find this post very credible because the poster is clearly an expert at sniffing their own farts.

Me too, I am an expert and sniffing my farts.

One time I was in a room and someone farted. I said, "Don't look at me, that doesn't smell at all like my own fart."

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i was just affirming something another guy said you, oddly hostile twerp

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

basic hitler posted:

i was just affirming something another guy said you, oddly hostile twerp

I could beat you up

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
poo poo! Off. I meant to say off.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I am probably going to buy this game. And maybe even play it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

poo poo! Off. I meant to say off.

do one first then the other

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

I think people who actually care about things are pathetic.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

For as cliche as towers and icon salad open world games got as a result of 3. Its my great shame that I like every far cry. I will get this and shoot every mountain mans.

I hope they bring something new to the table. But ill take more of the same to the dirty consumer whore I am.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i love icon salad open world games

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

creeping through the wooded ranges you come across an enemy camp

from a safe distance you shoot the lock on a bear cage with your silenced rifle and watch as the bear mauls the enemy soldiers

each va delivers his death cry in a condesending monotone as the bear kills him

"so much for the tolerant left"

I lold

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flubby posted:

I'm pretty sure Bioshock Infinite did take a stance. I had to look up the quote that was at the center of the kerfuffle when the game first came out. When the oppressed minorities fought back and started killing people Booker and Elizabeth stop Fitzroy (leader of the resistance) from killing a white child. After Elizabeth says, "In the end the only difference between Fitzroy and Comstock is how you spell their name." So yeah, the game definitely had an opinion on how you were supposed to feel about it. Both sides were portrayed as bad. At least through the eyes of the protagonists. Take it however you want.

yeah in the original ideas/demos. you were supposed to see the vox go full san culottes on columbia and just execute everyone/show trials and they were neutral towards you, and it would be up to you if you wanted to intervene. they cut all of that because it needed to be a loving cod clone with more "depth". instead its them shooting cops and soldiers. which you have done the whole loving game. i get why levine tried to do but holy gently caress he did it stupidly.

anyway. far cry 5 looks cool enough. its pissing off right wing dicks and woke liberals(just like 4 did) so its good in my books.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I would not be surprised if "so much for the tolerant le...." Stab to the brain. Was the climax fight. With Jon Hamm.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The guy in Montana who punched a reporter yesterday won the special election tonight.

You can't buy timeliness like that.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah in the original ideas/demos. you were supposed to see the vox go full san culottes on columbia and just execute everyone/show trials and they were neutral towards you, and it would be up to you if you wanted to intervene. they cut all of that because it needed to be a loving cod clone with more "depth". instead its them shooting cops and soldiers. which you have done the whole loving game. i get why levine tried to do but holy gently caress he did it stupidly.

anyway. far cry 5 looks cool enough. its pissing off right wing dicks and woke liberals(just like 4 did) so its good in my books.

Why is far cry 5 pissing off woke liberals? The prospect of getting to virtually kill hundreds of white redneck "nazis" is a woke liberal's wet dream.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Caufman posted:

The guy in Montana who punched a reporter yesterday won the special election tonight.

Well you can if you are Russian.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

spacetoaster posted:

Hasn't Far Cry been about fake locations? Why would they pick a real state, in a real country?

I mean, if they wanted to go that route I can't think of a better location that Libya, or Syria.
It's sold mainly to westerners and it's easy for us to accept Random Fictional African Country or Random Fictional Asian Country and while you might be able to swing a fictional state it would be pretty jarring to have it set in Not-US.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Far cry 3 is prob one of the worst games I've ever played so i haven't played any of the other ones. I'm sure this new one is surely going to be the one that makes a memorable impact on people

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

nigga crab pollock posted:

Far cry 3 is prob one of the worst games I've ever played so i haven't played any of the other ones. I'm sure this new one is surely going to be the one that makes a memorable impact on people

Sir, this is a Bill Miller's BBQ

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Elukka posted:

It's sold mainly to westerners and it's easy for us to accept Random Fictional African Country or Random Fictional Asian Country and while you might be able to swing a fictional state it would be pretty jarring to have it set in Not-US.

A knock-off US would be a fun setting.
I guess GTA kind of did that already though.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
Aren't the people complaining about this game the same ones who complained about the scene of a black dude machine gunning a Klan rally in Mafia III? Maybe one day they'll stop and think about why they always sympathize with villains in fiction.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
drat, gotta check out Mafia III

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
To be fair, why do you play a black man in a game called Mafia, unless he's the one fighting the mafia.? Italians and black people? Fuggetaboutit

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i dont remember what mafia game i played but it was open world for some reason even though they clearly hadn't spent much time on the free roam so there was basically nothing to do except storyline missions and it was really fuckin bad

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Grevling posted:

A knock-off US would be a fun setting.
I guess GTA kind of did that already though.

Are you trying to tell me we didn't actually have a war with Australia?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Trailer is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

i hope theirs a honey badger in this game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally, a AAA game that lets me live out my fantasy of murdering white people who are also christian.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

I insanely brutally slaughter thousands of trumptards with grenade launchers and bazookas

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Caufman posted:

This surprises nobody who knows anything about Montana, I suppose.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

more stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pFHPq84iB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQKZGHSdrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9wCR1dezsc

you are a new deputy for the local sheriff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can't wait

I hope they have some redneck as the token "no, I'm one of the good ones!" and then I get to blast him in the face with a welding torch anyway

• Locked thread