Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

conn smythe clearly going to olli maatta's cancer when it recurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

They already did the "eh, gently caress it, give it to Crosby" thing last year

dude wtf are you talking about

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

What part of going to the finals for the 2nd straight year was the most exhausting?

It's the hangovers after celebratory binge drinking

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The real lesson is that if you score 3 quick goals, it probably doesn't matter how stinky you are afterward

And also, try to enter the offensive zone with both feet on the ice at all costs

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

for all the talk of how lovely the pens were last night, i still thought they looked significantly better than they did in just about every game in the caps series

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

- blew a 3 goal lead, including a crushing short handed goal as the 3rd goal

huh?

e: oh right, i forgot subban's penalty was just expiring

man, maatta and hainsey are such poo poo lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

"that's not even me you idiots, that's my coworker. i was too busy making out with my girlfriend to get my picture taken. she goes to another school"

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Since I bought my beau Bennett jersey off aliexpress, the pens have never not made the SCF

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Gotta love Geno

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/870123218794926080

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Haha that's great

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

bizarre deformity posted:

I feel that way too.

Game 5 is gonna be crucial

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how the preds handle their first ever SCF elimination game

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Sorry I forgot to append my post with a :v:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Do you think he can fart at will or is he holding them in all game

I bet most of his turnovers happen while he's holding in a big one

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

This series hasn't looked nearly as scary as the Caps series, either in the badness of the pens or the goodness of the opponent. Two days of rest between all subsequent games is a good thing for our D

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

iospace posted:

Serious question here: why were you at any point worried about losing to the Caps?

Also serious question: did you watch much of the series? The Caps absolutely dominated the Pens. I don't read too much into their prior series.

Preds look good, but they don't look like they're totally controlling the games in the same way WSH did.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Id like Sullivan to go to guentzel - Crosby - hornqvist/sheary and then rust - malkin - kessel

Get Kunitz da fuq out of the top 6. Also more Crosby double shifts. Also Letang

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Also, absolutely lmao at Crosby being all indignant about the "UFC leg lock" that subban had on him. I mean, if anything was UFC-Esque. Maybe it was the multiple punches to the head? Mayhaps?

*thinks that Crosby deserved a major, a misconduct, and a suspension for gently caressing subban's face*

*is a bandwagon preds fan*

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

If Pens win the conn smythe should be shared between bobrovsky, holtby, and rinne

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

A couple of these made me chuckle, and it vindicates Ginette Reno's av

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOP7_Fs24I

Sharks Eat Bear fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 10, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3m3mCGXjw

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Reading everyone "pwn" each other over and over is equally as unenjoyable as hearing Crosby and Subban yell gently caress at each other over and over is enjoyable

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Ok ok. From now on only new material for PAS, so what's the deal with kessel and hot dogs? PIZZA DELIVERY

Get the gently caress outta here you fuckin idiot

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Shark getting kinda worried about you bro. You don't seem to be taking your team winning the Stanley cup finals very well. Are you ok? Do we need to do a 5k walk to get you cured or what.

Don't you dare say my breath stinks!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Of Flightless Birds And Good Canadian Boys

:effort:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

bump_fn posted:

is this the game day thread

No, this is! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823395

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Mathematically they did!

Are you denying math?

the pens won 2-0, einstein!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

iospace posted:

We saw the same thing happen in game 1.

A similar litmus test as when people say Crosby didn't deserve the Conn Smythe last year

• Locked thread