Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:burger: Dude just wants some Five Guys Burger and Fries. :burger:

~~~

Five Guys Burger & Fries is a fairly simple closed-setup game of Mafia for 7 players.

General Rules/Important Notes:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Twilight posting after the hammer is acceptable, but the thread will be closed when the flip is posted.
    • Please play to your win condition!
    • No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.
    • Seriously, don't be a dick. I will nudge you via PM if I feel you're going beyond the pale.
  • In general, no replacements will be allowed beyond Day 1 - please don't sign up if you aren't going to put actual effort into this game. (I understand that Life Happens sometimes - in extreme cases please PM me and we'll take it from there.)
    • :siren:I politely request that unredeemable lurkers/no-content shitposters not sign up for this game, and reserve the right to turn you down if you do so!
  • Days will be ~48-60 hours (but will grow shorter as the game goes on) and Nights will be ~12-24 hours. Nights will be closed but I'll reopen the thread promptly.
  • Votes will be by majority, and no-lynches are possible.
  • The Anti-Lurking Rules v3.2 will be in effect for this game. That being said...
  • :siren: This is a very small game that will crash and burn if people aren't actually playing. Please do NOT sign up if you're not willing or able to actively participate.

Player List:
  1. BottleKnight
  2. bowmore
  3. Kashuno
  4. peramene
  5. Pinterest Mom
  6. PMush Perfect
  7. Poque

Podima fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

When are you planning on starting the game?

I realize it's a holiday weekend, but I felt like throwing this sucker up. Probably tomorrow or Sunday, Day 1 ending Tuesday night so there's at least one non-holiday IRL night. Does that work?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
An important disclaimer because I genuinely forgot that it was even a thing: This game has nothing whatsoever to do with anything that is not fast food. Dude just wants some Five Guys Burger & Fries.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Five Guys is the Pepe of fast food chains

Is this a signup?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Three more for fast food. No rush, as previously stated D1 will end on Tuesday.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Just double checking - you read the op? Ready to bring the A game?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cool, game's full! Will work on PMs today, and probably open game up tonight or tomorrow.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wendy's is my preferred fast food place of choice, but if I was still out west it'd be In-N-Out all the way

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Man I grew up in SoCal and I miss the Mexican food SO MUCH. Ugh. So many amazing little places.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Dudes, you want some Five Guys Burger and Fries?"

"Hell to the yeah!"

"You know it, dude!"

"Let's roll!"

:burger: Day 1 starts now. Deadline is Tuesday May 30th, 8:00 PM EDT. :burger:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Administrative note - if 8 PM EDT deadlines aren't viable for you, I am open to feedback/suggestions via PM during Night 1.

Also, everyone posted more than ten times today. Thanks, and keep it up!

~~~

"Dude... that cupful looks a little rank."

"You don't wanna eat those, bro."

"Here, have some of mine instead, my man!"

"Aw sweet dude, you know I'm all about that shake-dippin' business!"

quote:

"Obesity is now second only to smoking as a cause of preventable death in America, with an estimated 400,000 deaths from related illnesses."

:burger: PMush Perfect, Fries, Five Guys Burger & Fries-Aligned Goon, was tossed in the trash on Day 1! :burger:

Night 1 begins now. Please send me your night actions or confirm non-usage within 20 hours, by 4 PM EDT tomorrow. The thread may open sooner if I get all actions in promptly.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*burrrp* "Dogg, that was some good grub."

"You can say that again, bro!"

"I'm still hungry, though. Seconds?"

"YEAH DUDE! LET'S DO IT!"

:burger: Nobody went home on Night 1. :burger:

Day 2 begins now. Deadline is Thursday June 1st, 8:00 PM EDT. Exact deadline timing is still up for input via PM for the next 8 hours.

Podima fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 31, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Don't post if you're dead, please. I left a comment in VF to that effect, which was posted twice!

Flip in two hours or less.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone posted 10+ times today. Thank you!

~~~

"Yo wait a second, what happened to the rest of my fries?"

"I dunno man, I was getting my peanut game on."

"Homie. Did you bogart my fries?"

"Dude, that's some weaksauce stuff right there. Come on!"

"I'm telling you dude, it was all about the peanuts!"

quote:

"It is a sad fact of life, Don, but the truth is we all have to eat a little poo poo from time to time."

:burger: peramene, aka Phil, Dude-Aligned Vanilla, was shamed into going home on Day 2! :burger:

Night 2 begins now. Please send me your night actions or confirm non-usage within 18 hours, by 4 PM EDT tomorrow. The thread may open sooner if I get all actions in promptly.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Uh, bro, you okay over there? Lookin' a little rough."

"You pump too much iron last night or something? Gotta remember those rest days!"

"Nah dudes, I think Imma just head on back now. Gotta sleep off this grub."

"Eh, what a wuss. Who's up for thirds?"

"Hit me, buddy!"

quote:

"Everything's bigger in America. We've got the biggest cars, the biggest houses, the biggest companies, the biggest food, and finally: the biggest people."

:burger: BottleKnight, aka Ethan, Dude-Aligned Vanilla, went home on Night 2! :burger:

Day 3 begins now. Deadline is Sunday June 4th, 7:00 PM EDT. I'm open to PMed input on deadline, since a game opening on Friday afternoon is not ideal - but let's keep the momentum up.

Podima fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 5, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:burger: Deadline is in 9 hours. If a weekend deadline is prohibitive I can push it one day, but will only consider requests made by PM. Let's not have this fizzle out after doing so well thus far, please. :burger:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone posted less than 10 times today and is ON NOTICE. I am disappointed. :(

Anyone who posts less than 10 times on a subsequent day will be FREELY LYNCHABLE.

~~~

"Why you gotta eat so dang slow, dudes?"

"Yo, quit it with that junk!"

"Everyone knows you gotta savor the flavor, my man!"

"That's what I'm talkin' about!" *burp*

:burger: Nobody went home on Day 3. :burger:

Night 3 begins now. Please send me your night actions or confirm non-usage within 18 hours, by 1 PM EDT tomorrow. The thread may open sooner if I get all actions in promptly.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*urrrrp* "One more round?"

"Y...yeah, dude. Let's do this..!"

"Ungfh. Count me out, bud. One too many peanuts."

"Weak...sauce!"

quote:

"Studies have found that preparing your own food is usually healthier and less expensive than buying fast food. But most people just don't have the time."

:burger: Kashuno, aka Joel, Dude-Aligned Vanilla, went home on Night 3! :burger:

Day 4 begins now. Deadline is Monday June 5th, 9:00 PM EDT. :siren: That's today. :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Out and about. Flip in a hour or so. Please don't post if you're dead. Thank you!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Dude. DUDE. What're you doing?"

"What? What're you talking about, man?"

"That's MY burger. What're you doing eating it?"

"What? Oh man, totally a honest mistake! Here, have some of my fries."

"I don't want any of YOUR stanky-rear end fries, burger-stealer! Get on outta here!"

quote:

"If you're out, and starving, and need a bite to eat, then you need fast food."

:burger: Pinterest Mom, aka Trevor, Dude-Aligned Vanilla, was shamed into going home on Day 4! :burger:

~~~

*munch munch munch burrrrrp* "I gotta admit, those dudes weren't kidding. This was totally worth skipping my workout for.

...Maybe I'll come back tomorrow, too. What's wrong with a cheat day every now and then?"

quote:

"One of the most disturbing things to me is that in the last 20 to 25 years, we've actually seen a doubling of overweight and obese children and adolescents."

:burger: bowmore, aka Greg, Dude-Aligned 1-Shot Bulletproof, was ENDGAMED into a failed fitness routine on Night 4! :burger:

~~~

All the Dudes have fallen before the glory of Five Guys Burger & Fries!

quote:

"Fast food is popular because it's convenient, it's cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu."

:burger: Poque, Burger, Five Guys Burger & Fries-Aligned Poisoner, along with his salty pal PMush Perfect, have WON the game! :burger:

Scumdoc: https://discord.gg/fDZBm2c
Moddoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AzYz0LT1PUtQpSOe9FQI93URENniujTV61l-TZm9uRs/edit

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks everyone for playing! Kind of a bummer that it petered out in the last couple of game days, but so it goes.

The setup popped into my head during a boring long drive, and I couldn't NOT use it. Thanks Birdstrike for your terrible awful no-good meme. :burger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sincere apologies, apparently Snooze Cruise is the originator of the titular meme for this thread.

I did enjoy running a nice small game, I may do more of these soon to counterbalance the large games that keep popping up!

• Locked thread