Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If Joe Biden suddenly changes his mind about running....again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TBeats posted:

If I lost to Donald loving Trump I'd be a sore loser too.

Also Russia came out in support of the Paris Climate Agreement.... on the same day Trump is supposedly going to back out of it.

Master trolling.

The more Russia acts, the more apparent it is they helped Trump to alienate the US from their allies.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Buca di Bepis posted:

I really hope Trump does try to prevent Comey's testimony. No move could make him look guiltier besides a full confession.

Really, he can't do much to stop it now. That's the whole point of an independant investigation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Looks like Mueller's found a trail.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Did we cover Putin's speech where he's claiming that the CIA is trying to frame him for hacking the election and he questioned (lol) the need for NATO?

https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/06/04/2154247/putin-now-argues-russia-couldve-been-framed-for-election-meddling-by-the-cia

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I absolutely love that, while completely evil and maligned, they are so incompetent they can't really get any of their evil fully done.

Other than the ICE poo poo :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

He's a loving idiot

But still smarter than the American people.

He's a representative of how stupid the American people are. Thankfully, the Popular Vote shows that the majority of the American people still recognize an idiot when they see one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TBeats posted:

but the people we nominate to represent our country, as well as way too many state and county level legislatures, show that we don't recognize idiots at all.

Well, Gerrymandering is a hell of a tool. Combined with toxic voters.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Edgar posted:

Guess the president is going to lay out a plan to privatize air traffic control systems.

He signed a fake 'bill' this morning ordering as such, but its unlikely to pass due to how strong the Air Traffic Controller's union is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Apparently Rex Tillerson got flipped off in New Zealand

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/06/rex-tillerson-gets-frosty-welcome-in-new-zealand-complete-with-single-finger-salutes

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TBeats posted:

I am picturing them actually pointing in some random direction saying "LOOK!"

I always pictured his administration as a collection of Mr. Gumby's from Monty Python

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

The NSA guys are denying Trump ever told them to downplay or inhibit the investigation. And also taking the, "I cannot address this in a public session." The committee congressmen are pissed.

I have a big feeling this, and Comey's testimony are going to be a nothingfart.

gently caress, we're gonna get gaslighted.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Qatar is going to end up like Yemen with children starving to death in the streets :smith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This isn't even news, it's from like March or sometime around then, he asked him multiple times about loyalty, and Comey kept dodging, eventually saying he'll get honesty from him or something, and then Trump made up some more word salad.

Kind of. It's dated tommorrow, and places emphasis multiple times that Trump was asking question and demanding solutions that he shouldn't have.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

I take solace in knowing that they are causing damage to their engines and will have to kick out thousands upon thousands of dollars to fix their adorable penis extensions when they inevitably break. Diesel poo poo ain't cheap.

Pretty much. Either siezed piston rings or failed turbos, rolling coal does serious damage.

I helped someone with one engine that had been subjected to it, and the valves were so coked they would no longer seat or close completely.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Man, coaches are really finding new ways to motivate their players...

Smiling Jack posted:

Yeah, I'm speculating

Looking at the building it's a pretty good guess. Final count will take days if not weeks.

Jesus, this is going to be bad. In the US, I think they require at least two different set of stairs on towers for fire escape.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875321478849363968

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Putin has offered Comey political asylum:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ontent=20170615

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

He is the world's best troll. God drat lol

Pretty sure that being in an Intelligence service is all about trolling.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, remember when the liberals said they were gonna do something about housing affordability? lol.

Pretty sure there are multiple reasons why that wasn't delivered....and people like Trump are part of why that never came to be.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The worst part is they are unwilling so far to call the Muslim girl beat to death a hate crime.....

...I can't think of anything more likely to be a hate crime.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Abductions and murders like that are pretty common in NoVA. There's plenty of would-be serial killers because it's a suburban hellscape, so it's possible it wasn't​ a hate crime.

They already arrested the guy, and all indications are he specifically targeted Muslims, going so far as to follow a group of them from their Mosque.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

Russia warns US after downing of Syrian jet: https://apnews.com/35ea1dae18c94c52ac8bf54e1c5fa8a5

Moscow announcing that any US or US allied aircraft that flies west of the Euphrates is a target.

Good luck with that, Russia.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

The worst part is they are unwilling so far to call the Muslim plane shoot down a hate crime.....

...I can't think of anything more likely to be a hate crime.

:un:

You could at least try with your hot takes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

?

They can do it.

Light up people with radar, yes. They won't actually shoot anyone down. This isn't Turkey they are talking about targeting.

They already backed down too:

https://twitter.com/airwars/status/876793527887429632

Putin isn't stupid, he helped a reactionary idiot win the presidency.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

redneck nazgul posted:

The Soviets realized they couldn't handle us on the volleyball court.

I suspect the homo-eroticism scared them off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hexyflexy posted:

Googling for "Sexy Putin Images" has probably just put me on a watchlist.

Its ironic considering how far Putin is pushing the anti-LGBT poo poo in Russia.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sort of like how leftists who spent Obama's second term complaining about the death of Congressional norms and good governance are now applauding dems for "finding their spine."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Democrats cannot really obstruct right now vs the 6 years republicans controlled at least one congressional house under Obama. Republican obstructionism actually blocked things.

Yeah, this isn't even the same thing. The Republicans are practically ruling out of spite, and spent 6 years dragging their feet on every little thing to pass what largely now amounts to poisonous vitriolic bills.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Larry Parrish posted:

The 6 years of 'obstructionism' pale in comparison to spending 2 years with a super majority doing approximately jack poo poo besides hosting West Wing rewatch parties and back-clapping sessions

quote:

I know when the Democrats did not have a super majority: in the first two years of the Obama administration.

Republicans often say that Obama didn't accomplish anything during his first two years as president even though the Democrats had the majority of both houses of Congress, but this is what happened. A super majority, i.e., enough senators to break a filibuster, requires 60 senators. In January 2009, when the new Congress was sworn in, the Democrats had a coalition of 59 senators—57 Democrats plus two Independents who caucused with the Democrats. You’ll recognize the Independents’ names: Bernie Sanders and Joe Lieberman.

One seat was vacant: the Minnesota seat that had been held by Republican Norm Coleman, but which Al Franken won by a few hundred votes. Coleman demanded a recount, likely on orders from Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Republican leadership to stall as long as possible so that Franken couldn’t be seated.

Meanwhile, Ted Kennedy was dying of a brain tumor and after March 2009, stopped coming to work. The Minnesota recount and associated litigation finally ended in July 2009 and Franken was sworn in. A month later, Kennedy died. His seat remained vacant until Republican Scott Brown won a special election to fill it.

Republicans’ intransigence and avowed intention to make Barack Obama a one-term president resulted in filibusters being conducted almost routinely. A supermajority of Democrats in the Senate was needed to pass any legislation. But because of the delay in seating Franken and the death of Kennedy, the Democrats never had a supermajority.

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Are you just pretending the AHCA bill is in good taste? Or are you pretending the GOP in any way is passing any bills other than ones that will benefit anyone but themselves and their wealthy constituents only?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 19, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dems never had a super majority and we do not have a public option with the ACA thanks to Joe Lieberman.

I pointed that out, its an old GOP talking point that likes to make the rounds as proof the Dems don't do anything when given power.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

The GOP has been against the ACA since it passed, so I don't see why it's at all shocking or gauche for them to repeal it.

And replace it with something 10x worse, so yes, it is gauche.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hot Karl Marx posted:

don't worry guys, trump has the syria situation under control

https://twitter.com/nahaltoosi/status/876954676528369664

9th level 3D chess.

....from the local Frat House.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

Something something "Good, let them kill each other" something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I agree, road rage definitely encompasses savage beating with a club from a car

...and subsequent kidnapping

...and further savage beating

...and murder by way of baseball bat

...and concealment of a corpse

Yup, no other possible angle to this story.

That's the only thing that got's me puzzled: Yes, if this really was just road rage, its not a hate crime, but his actions, including kidnapping and beating her not once but twice, doesn't fit the normal road rage MO.

Oh, apparently when he was dumping the body he did it in full view of multiple eyewitnesses. The guy doesn't seem very smart.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

South Park is actually p good

and I think you mean "literally"

Until they try to do anything covering Libertarianism and its views, and then they flop because its beyond reproach in their eyes.

https://twitter.com/moneyries/statu...agenumber%3D821

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 20, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

I agree, except when they try the "truth is in the middle" poo poo . Then it becomes super bad.

Seriously bad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Rex Tillerson wants to work with Russia on Cybersecurity, I wonder why this might be laughably stupid considering recent events.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-us-cyber-security-tillerson-627379

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Proof that vaccines are a scam

No, the issue is that the Taliban has recently been known to pose as Aid workers and target Aid workers who are giving the vaccines, resulting in people avoiding getting them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

"Hacked" is such a strong word. The OPM breach was way funnier than that. Among other crazy vulnerabilities, OPM used Chinese contractors for systems administration. They gave them the keys to the kingdom. Good network security costs money, but bad security costs the PII and deepest, darkest, secrets of almost 20 million people. If you held a clearance at some point in the last decade, or were married to someone who did, odds are your deets were taken.

After the breach, OPM's response was to point out that they're the only game in town for most of the U.S. federal government, and then significantly increase the price of their clearance investigations, including retroactively, for investigations that had started in the previous year.

That wasn't even the half of it: Whenever they created new user accounts, they cloned a previous account. This is common practice.

However, they kept cloning a root account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Built in America, by an American terminator Robot.

• Locked thread