Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

June Current events: I turn 34

slowly approaching death at 67,000 mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

what are 34 year old anime loving chubby hairy Hispanics your fetish or something?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Doctors Without Borders is my go-to. Thanks!

i already thought the us military already donated heavily to Doctors without borders

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Are you guys all referring to the accidental bombing strike of that Afghanistan hospital right now because if so those are some dank lols I'm having.

yes that was the joke made

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/andreasklinger/status/872244649611505664

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

drat Puerto Rico trying to get in before the wall goes up

The lowest historical turnout on a non-binding referendum. This also marks the second time statehood won.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Eej posted:

What exactly is the reasoning for not pursuing statehood anyway?

Taxes

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's also a number of people who still want straight-up independence over statehood. It's basically a situation where all three options (Statehood, independence, and status quo) enjoy varying amounts of popularity, and thus far nobody's been able to convince a majority of the population to change the status quo one way or the other.

The number of people that want independence are overwhelmingly small. Its all divided between Commonwealth (status quo) and statehood and the trend in the last few elections is that more Puerto Ricans want statehood, people are protesting the "bad" options by not voting, and by doing that they are spoiling the results somehow.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

bird food bathtub posted:

If I have to pay extra taxes to get basically permanently-locked Democratic senators into office I'll loving do it with a smile on my face.

The irony of it all is that we already pay federal taxes.

Reverand maynard posted:

why do yall think puerto rico would be two blue senators? They're pretty heavily catholic although I don't know what their stance on abortion is.

republicans hate Hispanics and catholics, so yes.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Well I guess I'm not getting my deliveries today.

:same:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

maybe I could afford it to be honest I haven't even gotten a quote because I just imagine this being the procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burORQDUmPg&t=11s

I was diagnosed with macular degeneration in the eye and I was given two options. I could get a laser eye surgery, but have a chance of becoming color bling or even outright blind. The other option was watching out for infection... but they would have to inject some medicine directly into my eyeball.

Yes having a needle in your eye sucks as much as you thing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hexyflexy posted:

Sorry for replying late but my god that kid is screwed. Calling out a non-existant threat - 2 years if you're lucky. Having the coast guard called out, ouch you're in serious trouble now.

Getting NEST called out while you're doing it, oh dear.

i know for a fact everyone in the USCG involved in this has a raging erection right now because prosecuting hoax callers is a rare thing for us.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

hobbesmaster posted:

I assume this is everyone's dream after every malfunctioning distress beacon false alarm?

A false alarm and a hoax alarm are two completely different things.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Here's a current event: I turn 30 today.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROTHER, ENJOY THE DECLINE

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

update on destroyer collision:

deckies at fault
engineers blameless
:smugdog::pipe:

CIC lets out huge sigh of relief.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TBeats posted:

Every violent crime should be a hate crime. Cut out the gray area.

this is literary a south park speech, therefore its bad and you should be ashamed of yourself.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MA-Horus posted:

South Park is actually p good

and I think you mean "literally"

I agree, except when they try the "truth is in the middle" poo poo . Then it becomes super bad.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I watch South Park for jokes, possibly fart-related or otherwise inappropriate ones, not to get a dose of either political side getting slammed :shrug:

Same, but sadly Trey Parker and Matt Stone make childish political statements.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thwomp posted:

I need others who can't sleep tonight. I'm gonna have the worst night of sleep since I saw Threads.

I am working graveyardshift tonight. became extremely paranoid and concerned when Beale AFB was mentioned.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

This was loving brutal goddamn.

it was and I need more.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Have you heard When The Wind Blows friend?

This was good and depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked Bear posted:

Nuke everything.

Let Earth start with a clean slate.

this. also salt the earth and let this worthless rock stand as an arrogance about our actions.

• Locked thread