Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

As a true football supporter, I hope the USMNT lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

American Messi will carry us into the 21st century

I, for one, look forward to Pulisic moving to Sporting Kansas City and ending his career in a few years.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Ninth Layer posted:

Same but doctor claim and Sandwolf.

I'll just counterclaim cuz I'm jester.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm surprised at how many of you I recognize. Except for Hal Incandenza, who the gently caress is that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whatever happened to the dudes who went dumpster diving in the Best-Of the internet mafia thing. Wasn't Ernie one of them? That's where Wolfy comes from right?

Also, re: deadlines, I'm in Australia for a couple more weeks, so 10PM EST kinda works best for me as that's 12 noon out here.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey gulag, do you support a soccer team? I'd be very curious to know if you do.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. F! posted:

How's it going buddy?

##vote Mr. F!

Feels a little buddy buddy to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CirclMaster is baby, no one cares that you don't know what's going on, go reread one page and pull some inferences from it, but don't force them, cuz you'll get strung up for that.

I'd vote Pinterest Mom rn, he's been posting a lot over the past couple pages but hasn't seemed to make many real statements or opinions, I feel like their content is hollow. ##vote PMom

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jamuraan posted:

No, but you can use it if you want, I guess.

also real vote ##vote Tired Moritz

Newbie or whatever, all posts are garbage responses, pointless questions, or low-effort coasting.

I bet you do have friends. Scummy friends.

Uhh, but that is exactly how newbies play, no newbie is gonna be deftly navigating the content game and building moving cases on Day 1. Wouldn't you rather try and find someone you actually think is scum instead of "newbie or whatever?"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Ninth Layer posted:

This vote strikes me as very arbitrary. Is Pinterest Mom really a standout example of hollow content in a game still largely defined by the joke phase? I get the impression Sandwolf picked this reason for voting out of a hat, just to make sure he had a serious vote out.

It's Day 1, you could have voted me here, but instead you chose to kind of just drive by. Is it scummy or not? Would you vote for me based on that or not?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo if they have a "serious vote" out on beginning of Day 1. I voted for PMom because it seemed they were posting a lot around people starting to create real content and weren't saying anything of value or even conviction themselves.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd vote Ixt rn too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ixtlilton posted:

You would.

Don't you forget it either, vaquero.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd vote, in order, PMom (though still giving replacement time to :justpost: ), Ixt, and then Moritz for "people who want to lynch me are scum."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TMMadman posted:

Man, there are an awful lot of single votes on people right now. This is very weird.

I'm not really sold on Tired being scum. It does seem like he's always awkward, but I do think he ends giving some decent reads after a day or two. And remember this is coming from someone who was scum in their last two games and kept him alive even though he was either at the truth or getting close to it.

Dude, shut up, no one gives a poo poo about that other game where you masterminded as scum. It's completely irrelevant to the game at hand and the fact that you keep bringing it up makes me want to vote you so badly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ernie. posted:

Gulag sandwolf and raeg all strike me as town.

Gulag quote me the original scum ixt post. I missed what caught your eye while skimming the thread.

It was the second bandwagon vote on TNL voting me jokey jokey. I saw what he meant then, it was a little snipey and he put someone at 2 votes and then disappeared, still without really making any public opinions.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ixtlilton posted:

It's actually called get good scrub.

That seems like a p frustrate thing to be puppy cuddled for. For a wolf.

Ahaha please for the love of god stop using that terminology.

I'd vote TMM.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TMMadman posted:

Inf - As irritating as Inf can be at times, I'm not feeling this vote. Both Sandwolf and Gulag seem to be voting him for being a replacement.

I just whanna nip this in the bud before this becomes the accepted reasoning, I voted PMom cuz I didn't trust the way he was playing, my vote remaining on Inf is because I was suspicious of PMom and the replacement hasn't said a lick yet. I don't like the way YOU reworked the logic behind MY vote.

##vote TMM

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

Hello I have subbed in. Lets murder TM and I'll have a proper read tomorrow

##vote Tired Moritz

I would switch back to vote Inf in milliseconds.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mischief Makers was the poo poo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fuckin' lol @ thinking about who to vote MotM

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote TMM

I feel pretty reasonably certain you're scum, you're consistently retreading people's arguments but inaccurately and disingenuously. I also don't know why all the newbies voted for you, but something about that mixed with the way you behaved at deadline yesterday and the way you're arguing with TNL now all seem extremely scummy to me.

Hal you better say something.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have a weird feeling PMom/Inf is an SK.

I also hope the flavor is that he's Giuseppe Rossi.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd also vote Moritz after that post. Waffling, over explaining his absence at end of day (like it matters that you're executing a sleeping man), and then half heartedly leaning towards TNL and further explaining he simply doesn't want to stick his neck out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Added Space posted:

I actually went through and crunched the numbers. Assume 4 or 5 scum with one serial killer the numbers don't really change - a random lynching is 6% advantage to town and 7% to the mafia. TMMadman is objectively correct, not lynching the first day leads to an advantage to the town.

That said, the numbers have changed today to 9% advantage to the town and 8% advantage to the mafia lynching someone at random.

##vote Tired Moritz

For the greater good.

Alright, hold on, I think I need to rein my horses in, perhaps I just don't realize how new some of y'all are.

Can you answer these questions for me Space:
Why're you voting Moritz?

And

Why did you post a bunch of math I couldn't parse in order to defend a point by TMM that many consider to be objectively wrong?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uhhh, I agree, why would you claim scum to your mason buddy? Also, though, why would you claim SK to your mason buddy? If it's brought up you are then the rear end in a top hat who fakeclaimed SK to a townie. He says they exchanged PMs and he wrote up a fake PM or was given one? Doubt it. Could it be possible one is scum and one is an SK?

##unvote

I'd vote the gently caress out of either of them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Let's just do this instead of hemming and hawing all day, but I'd really like to talk about Inf tomorrow.

##vote Added Space

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

"Hi I'm the Serial Killer"
"Oh gently caress! Uh! I'm scum!"

Nah, you shoulda marched in here ASAP and told us. Instantly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Added Space posted:

It seemed like fun. That's really the only reason.

Geez, I feel like a nine year old who was caught smoking a cigarette.

If you're town, it demonstrates remarkably anti-town behavior. If you are town, I respect you taking the wild ride, but like, we also have to kill you now to figure this loving mess out because there's no reason BEYOND "eyyy adventure" to fake claim scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

##unvote

We can have more discussion

are you loving kidding me. vote loving added space

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How do I get a vote count damnit, the vote finder website is dead.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Added Space posted:

No, I'm trying to leave with a minimum of dignity. Sorry for interrupting all of you.

ARGHHH

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd move heaven and earth to have a vig right now. Or the ability to give Gulag a vig.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

we can chill and chitchat. discussion is good, don't you agree?

Yeah hundred percent my dude, but I don't see how any discussion is gonna take place other than hemming and hawing on this Added Space thing followed by limp bandwagon that sees him lynched at the end of the day. I don't see how we lynch anyone else today (except Infinitum who I want to talk about tomorrow) so let's just get this over with.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Added Space posted:

There's no case to be made. I didn't take the game seriously enough and I acted on something I knew to be bad, which is the SK claiming to ally with the mafia, which is flatly impossible with rules as written. I knew I was bad at games like this, and this experience only serves to confirm that. I should leave the game for no other reason then to not inflict my bad play on others.

If you're really scum, claiming such will maintain your dignity the most in my opinion

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Ninth Layer posted:

"##become thrall" without quotes

You did it wrong dumby, watch this:

and bold "##become thrall" without quotes

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##killinfi2017

Seize the means of production, proles!! Rise up against those oppressing us! Steal back the kill we lost yesterday.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

Let it be known that Added Space and Sandwolf are scumbros.

What footy player are you?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly, Ernie, PMoms early play made me think SK, involved but detached from being townie or feigning towniness, and then replaced out. I can see them not wanting to devote time to an SK win which is a long process, really. Infi has done nothing to necessarily sway me from that, so:

I actually thought of the Giuseppe Rossi thing first, and then for some reason PMom fell into place.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ernie. posted:

One last passing thought before I go missing for another half game day:

I voted gulag for MOTM yesterday because he had a lot of town calls and I agreed with some of them. I thought they in turn would vote him overnight because they also trusted him. But looks like they didn't? It would be interesting to go back to that list of players and ask them why they didn't vote for gulag. The only kind of player that would see that they have an ally in the thread and not care about making them the MOTM is the kind who knows that the other player is not their ally.

I actually voted Gulag for MotM too, which if everyone has been honest so far, should mean he was tied with TMM? Right! 3 votes each?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm going to bed soon but I really whanna emphasize that I'd love to hear people's opinions and some feelings on what's going on today.

• Locked thread