Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

NextTime000 posted:

I think I am still looking for a group? Javascript programmer for Unity maybe c# too, more comfortable with Javascript but I can work with c#
Unity Javascript is nothing like regular Javascript if that's what you're expecting, I'd suggest brushing up on your C# and playing around with Unity if you can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Corbeau posted:

Unity Javascript is basically C# structure with some Javascript-style terminology. Very strange. I assume there was a good reason for it at one point, but I think it's only around now because it's legacy.
They probably thought JavaScript would appeal to more people, but didn't wanna have multiple APIs, so just made a Javascript frankenstein that compiles into .NET (similarly Boo is just .NET Python).
Clearly if they wanted to court beginner developers they should've just used VB.NET instead. :getin:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

blaise rascal posted:

Does this mean a game called "Super Merlio Brothers" is also off limits / not in the spirit of things?
That should be fine, just don't use any names / characters / designs verbatim. Think less "Mario 4" more "Giana Sisters" :v: be creative.

• Locked thread