Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero also stares at the job board, carefully reading each and weighing the likelihood of danger on each, and how vital each may potentially be. He only vaguely pays attention to Viktor's claims. Eventually he does speak up. "The puppy mission is suspicious. Highly suspicious. Could be a child, with a touch of magic, or a powerful spellcaster addled into near childlike mental conditions. And who knows what this puppy really will be. It could be a dangerous monster. In which case it should be dealt with."

He glances toward Joyce. "As for the mines. It is true that they are not going anywhere. However it is possible they have been overrun by monsters. And the miners could still be alive, but perhaps not for much longer. There is a potential for this to be the mission with the shortest time limit. Just something to think about."

He glances toward Viktor. "I can understand your desire to regain your birthright. Yet there is not proof that revealing your uncles so called treachery would change anything. His people may choose to still side with him, his neighbors may choose to side with him, a known quantity, rather than the unknown child claiming to have been wronged. Furthermore why do you think your uncle is stupid enough to retain any proof of his wrongdoing? Is your uncle an idiot? Yet he was able to get one over on you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero continues staring at the notices as he responds to Joyce. "This is true. The distance is an issue. Transportation can be acquired. You are quite right." He turns to face her. "The dwarves are a hearty people but even they could be in danger after a week lost, adding another week could very well be disastrous."

He begins to head away from the notice board, continuing. "Come along now. Mere transport will not be enough if we need to transport dwarves, or any salvaged goods. We will need a cart or wagon."

And with that he heads to the market in search of a wainwright, cartwright, or other provider of horses and wagons.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 12, 2017

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero begins looking over the man's wares. Inspecting horses and wagons, cart and oxen. All while listening to the man. Eventually he speaks. "How many of these travelling horses does it take to move the heavy wagon? It was 300 for the heavy wagon and a team of haulers, what is the heavy wagon without the haulers? If we were to take the travelling horses."

He tries to judge the man's intent, but he was never the best judge of men's hearts.

Sense Motive 14

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero looks at the man for a bit. "I see. On the one hand speed would be rather nice, but I believe we will need a wagon for transport all the same. It would probably be the best for to go for the wagon and heavy horses. Oh and we will need feed for the horses."

He then begins pulling bags of gp out of shadows about his person.

Okay unless anyone else wants to contribute I am spending 500gp on the wagon and heavy horses and I guess ?? amount on some feed for them.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

As the second day begins Nero tries to keep an eye out for danger as he rides atop the wagon. He is not nearly as inexhaustible as Iggy and so while he could probably keep up with the cart should he try it would probably be better not to try.

Perception 1d20+3: 16

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

As the bulettes become apparent Nero growls, "land sharks." Then his darkened form gets lost in even more darkness as his outfit begins to shed an aura of darkness. He lend speeds through the area faster than he moved before, and up a nearby tree to a position where he could still see the approaching bulettes.

Initiative 1d20+5: 20
Standard Action to "cast" a permanent Darkness on my clothes. 20ft radius shadowy illumination, my race/class features gives me 50% miss chance instead of the usual 20%, and ups my speed from 30' to 45'. Nightfall, though only using it right now because I assume the others wouldn't want to travel right next to me if I was giving off a 20' radius darkness all the time to hinder their vision.
Then dismount, if necessary, and run up a tree as if it was solid ground and not more or less 90%. Personal Gravity which is constantly on.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

As Joyce rips into a bulette with her charge Nero narrows his eyes, gives a nod and holds up to hands, shadows form into what appear to be knives. Then he launches them at the injured bulette before it can take the opportunity to return to its earthly abode.

The blades strike true. The first drawing some blood, the second ripping toward the creature's heart.

Aether Barrage, full attack 1d20+5, 1d20+5: 20, 25 Ranged Touch Attacks. The second is a Crit Threat.
Aether Barrage, crit confirmation 1d20+5: 18
Aether Barrage, damage roll 9 untyped damage on the first hit and 48 untyped damage on the confirmed crit of the second.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

As the bulette lands upon the cart Nero growls in anger, but a sigh escapes as the cart seems unscathed, then a tsk as the horses bolt with the cart and bulette. He quickly summons more shadow daggers and launches them at the bulette, but his haste throws off the aim of one, and the other does not bite deeply.

Aether Barrage, full attack 1d20+5, 1d20+5: 14, 8 Ranged Touch Attacks. First should hit, second likely misses.
Aether Barrage, damage roll 4 untyped damage on the first hit.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

As the battle ends Nero casually strolls down the tree. Then picks the top of a tree and entombs it in Darkness, ending the Darkness around himself. He walks up to the now stopped, presumably, cart. "Good work everyone."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

When they arrive Nero spends some time looking after the horses and cart, making certain they are safe and secure before slinking from shadow to shadow to find the others. Eventually he makes his way to the Bortevo Mining Coalition HQ just in time to witness Drumlin's drunken antics.

As Caitlyn goes about trying to get Drumlin to stand he looms about and speaks. "It seems you have been having a good time. Have you accomplished what we were came for?" And if necessary he aids her in getting Drumlin to stand, and move about without falling down again.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero steps into a nearby shadow, further concealing his already shadowy features. "Fire would be bad. Light may be necessary for some of you. Though that can attract unwanted things. Still if you do need light I would suggest finding something other than an open flame."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero stops. Looking straight at the furthest insect as it tries to fill one of the holes. He dashes his view over the various insectoids between them. "Hmm. Curious. Five insectoid creatures, probably these buggers that were mentioned, are keeping pace with us. Stepping back each time we step forward so that they keep just outside of your light. Yet further back there is a sixth, scurrying about filling one of the holes that the dwarves pulled steel from."

He lets out a soft laugh. "No idea what their plan is. They don't seem to be rushing us, perhaps more curious about what we plan, though the last filling the hole does pique my curiosity. So what shall we do? Speak in the hopes they understand us and are willing to converse? Rush forward to catch them by surprise and murder them without mercy?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero's shadowed hand reaches up to the shadows that conceal his face, perhaps resting on his chin.

"Hmm. They seem to have reacted to your defensive stance. No hostile moves so far, but they seem to have taken their own defensive stance in response. Perhaps they are not hostile so much as reactive? Perhaps the dwarves panicked and attacked them?"

Perception 1d20+3 14

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero's shadowed eyes narrow. "Suspicious. It dashed ahead, right before that thumping started. Perhaps there is some door that opened, sealed well enough to prevent the sound?"

He walks up to a wall, and up the wall, and onto the ceiling.

"Shall I go ahead and investigate?"

If there is no objections he begins to move forward carefully, trying to avoid detection and if necessary throwing up some darkness around himself if he needs to.

Stealth 1d20+11 13

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero pauses, looks about for a bit then returns to the others to let them know what he found. Hopefully someone has come up with a plan.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero watches as Iggy and Drumlin look about. It seems like they may have found something, but he knows not what. "Did you find anything? A way pass this? Whatever is causing that noise? Something else?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

"Tsk, an Ooze. No wonder the walls are so clean."

Nero walks along the wall and ceiling until he has a nice clear shot then the very darkness around him grows darker and more solid as he pulls forth a dagger of darkness and flings it with some skill into the ooze.

Initiative 1d20+5: 25
Aether Barrage, attack roll 1d20+5 21 vs touch AC.
Aether Barrage, damage roll 2d6 4 untyped damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Nero

Nero takes in this change in situation. More enemies, but they should be weaker in general. Unleashing a barrage on a single enemy is no longer the best course. The enemy are close enough together, and none of his allies are in a dangerous position, so he could take them all out or at least weaken them further. But. The golem. He doesn't know if it will turn on them at the moment, but attacking it will increase that likelihood.

And so it is better to avoid it, and the three oozes tackling it.

So he reaches out and pure darkness fills an area approximately ten feet in radius engulfing seven of the oozes, and a bit of the wall. As the darkness recedes the oozes are the worse for wear.

Aether Blast, damage roll 2d6+1 9 untyped damage, DC 14 Reflex save for half

• Locked thread