Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh hey, Xcom 2 just got an Xbox One X patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Real hurthling! posted:

Rumors that nier automata port is coming soon. Phil games spencer bringing the heat this e3

This would be cool. Persona 5 would be even cooler.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

ixnay posted:

There's an Xbox stream right now and they just announced a brand new Halo game!

It's a Dave & Busters exclusive on-rail shooter arcade cabinet

Oh my loving god Microsoft

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bring back the blades.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I miss the glory days of Halo 2 BTB. Massive maps, chaos and vehicles.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hugely important announcement

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1006012882646007809

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I always read about how awful it is to be a gamer in Australia. Horrible internet that is both overpriced and slow, and stupidly inflated prices for video games.

Broadly true. I recently lucked into an apartment with VDSL2 rather than NBN and I'm getting 75mb/s download speeds now, it rules. In a different part of the same city, my brother is lucky if he gets 8.

E: Game prices are hosed though, especially digitally unless there's a huge sale like the recent one.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 4, 2018

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah and apparently EB Games there lets you return games. Like wtf

For any reason, within 7 days. poo poo rules.

Of course, EB Games is one of those companies that does its best to skirt around government worker protection, so swings and roundabouts.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

fishmech posted:

lol but none of that applies to the video games you'd buy there

It applies across the entire economy. Things cost more but people can afford it because we are paid well and don't instantly become bankrupt if we break a leg.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

fishmech posted:

Lol no, Australians don't make enough more to pay the extortionate prices a bunch of foreign companies decided to slap on their games on both the retail and production ends.

I'm not saying the Australia Tax on stuff doesn't exist, particularly electronics. But also our prices on basic stuff tend to be higher.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

The Sad Box is interesting but I’m more curious to see what Microsoft announces at GDC regarding compatibility with other platforms. I’m already thinking about replacing my iPad with a Surface for home game streaming, but if I can do that with a Switch or my iPhone then that’s even better.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x..._medium=ios_app

Ultimate Gamepass is up. $1 to convert your existing balance on Gold and Gamepass to Ultimate, which could be quite a bit depending on how much you’ve paid for in advance.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

In case anyone was wondering, Kingdom Come is still absolutely playable and downloadable in Australia. So everyone who reported it was banned was lying and never retracted it. Cool

My vague understanding is that the initial classification request received a Refused Classification, the developer then appealed or got a re-do and the game was subsequently rated R. Likely what happened is that the game as released was never banned, but the RC decision was published first. This seems to have happened with a few games recently - there’s probably an issue with the way the way decisions are published.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1202584595352498176?s=20

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

So at this point I’m genuinely not sure what the point would be of buying an XBX. I have a One X at the moment and for the same outlay as a new console I think I’m right in saying that I’d be able to build or buy a PC that will work like a console with Steam Big Picture, will have every MS exclusive included in Gamepass and can also play PC-only releases.

Am I missing something here? Genuine question, not a low-effort troll.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Whoopsie forgot to check the thread for a few days. I'm in South Yarra Vic in a 30 storey building and shopping centre underneath so I get some sort of fancy commerical satellite dish internet through a company called Spirit, not technically NBN.

My work in Melbourne CBD gets 500+Mbps down so it's been a bit weird hearing all the Aus internet horror stories. Rural internet in North America sucks balls too.

Same. I’m in Canberra and lucked into a green fields development that wound up as part of the old VDSL2 network. Shits all over the NBN. Downloaded Destiny 2 in an afternoon last week just to check whether it is worth playing (it is not).

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

hanyolo posted:

EB is opening their preorders from midday it seems taking a look. Want to do the tradein deal for my one X, unless JB is doing something similar?

That’s good to know, I’m hoping to trade my X for my... Series X? God drat it Microsoft.

Also god drat I just realised the possibilities this announcement opens up. Just imagine Forge in Halo Infinite with Skyrim assets.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Apparently Gamestops in the states are getting like four Xs and 2 Ss as their allocation and there may or may not have been a huge fuckup with the stock for the first round of pre-orders from EB in Australia.

Sounds like possibly supply issues.

Wouldn’t surprise me, launch allocations are always difficult.

This just reminded me of working at EB for the midnight launch of the 360. Worked until like 2am and then got rostered on to open at 8 (which I’m pretty sure is illegal but lol it was EB). I’m a brain genius so of course I played Oblivion until 3 and then slept in. Only made it in to open the store at 8.30 because the manager from Maccas opposite us called me and asked where the gently caress I was. Somehow I managed to not get fired for that.

If you tried to buy a 360 in Hobart on launch day, lol sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Tribes had 64 player MP battles with gigantic open-worlds that spanned for thousands of kilometers. That was my first "how is this possible" game.

Shazbot!