Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I have my pepper grinder hooked up to an app on my phone so I can have it start grinding pepper while I'm on my way home. Saves time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

I've got the nicest 4K OLED money can buy and I sit 3 feet in front of my TV and I've never noticed or lamented the Xbox UI being low resolution. These people are diseased.

Right? Of all my concerns in the world, video games or otherwise, the Xbox MENU not being in 4k is the very very least of my concerns.

But if it's true that I can streamline the menus and get all the crap I never look at off the screen I will be happy even if the menu is 4:3 analog.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Which of the DIrt games is the best one?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Thanks, y'all.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I've somehow travelled back to 2010 to watch all the exact same Mass Effect and Saint's Row arguments get relitigated.

You're such a Miranda.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm playing the first Pyschonauts right now after having meaning to play it since it first came out.

It's a lot of fun!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Akuma posted:

It was in Revolutions and it was a part they showed in the trailer that played at the end of Reloaded. That's my memory anyway - not seen it in probably over a decade...

Yeah it was when they broke into Club Hell.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I have only pre-ordered one game in my entire life.

It was Cyberpunk 2077.

True story.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Anyone playing Superliminal? I'm about 6 or so puzzles in and it's pretty fun and that's despite me being generally a very stupid person.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

elf help book posted:

I'm enjoying that it doesn't really feel super self-serious. It uses its gimmicks to build a lot of funny gags.

The setting is really chill. Like the vibe between The Shining and a movie set

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

It's good but something about it made me extremely nauseous after twenty minutes. Usually games like it (like Antichamber for instance) don't bother me, not sure why this one did

It made me sick too. And it wasn't even the parts where it got really Inception. Just the camera whipping around the way it did is what I think caused it. But I'm a dummy who played it for like 4 hours feeling sick until I put 2 and 2 together.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

elf help book posted:

I made myself so tiny in Superliminal that the game crashed lol

lol

I found it a lot easier to accidentally make myself super tiny than getting myself not tiny again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Is it like life where it's DLC?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

John F Bennett posted:

Lol, Avengers is a 125gb download.

What the gently caress?? How? Why?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ErrEff posted:

So far Avengers is very impressive. It tells me to go to the marketplace to claim my FREE UNCOMMON CONSUMABLE before I've even started a new game.

It also doesn't understand that I have a controller connected, even though the Xbox app works just fine with it.

If you want Avengers to recognize a controller it would have been another 30 gigs.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Some of the ultra long rpgs on there could use more than the usual two weeks heads up.

Shout outs to the one goon reading this who’s currently steaming thru Tales of Vesperia in an effort to 100% in time

That was in my backlog and I was looking forward to it. And I also never finished Night in the Woods. Welp.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So I'm baffled... I just got a new computer and tried to log in to my Game Pass on it and it's already logged in with some random account and asks if I want to get Game Pass. It won't let me log out of it. Already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

TheAnomaly posted:

When you booted up windows 10 you likely made a microsoft account instead of a local one (because that's what it asks you to do - getting it to make a local admin instead is a chore). You need to either associate your windows account to the one on your comp and then delete the account associated with it, or make another account, associate your MS account with that one, and then give it admin permissions and delete the original.

Gotcha. Thanks. I guess I'm not going to have game pass on this comp! That's ridiculous.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

kri kri posted:

I purchased it, which means its coming to game pass next week. you're welcome.

I thank you for your service.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

bushisms.txt posted:

The punchline to their trailer is incredible.

https://youtu.be/zDF3VFaHSz0

Have to try it now

Did not see that joke coming!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Well, heck, that's my favorite one! That's pretty great!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

When I get up to go pee in the middle of the night I see my xbox's light glowing in the other room, mocking the peaceful darkness.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahaha Forbidden City has a VERY Bethesda-esque crash-zoom into people’s faces during conversations, was that in the mod?

I'm liking it but I don't know how to heal and it's tough to google it due to spoilers. :(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The Diddler posted:

It's been a month since I've played it, but I don't remember healing. What part are you struggling with?

I feel off a cliff and now everything is yellow. Welp.

Zerot posted:

I think you regenerate health over time, if I remember right.

Ah, maybe I'll just try waiting it out. Thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

John F Bennett posted:

Yowza this is a good week for game pass subscribers

I haven't even gotten to Backbone yet, I hope it's good.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

Sadly it starts super promising but the ending third takes a very unearned turn and the game goes to the poo poo
i ended my 6ish hour run through wishing i had stopped after the first case to avoid the disappointment

Well poo poo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It's going to be a sad day when the Yakuza series leave because I'm not even close to being finished with those guys.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I said come in! posted:

If you do end up having to buy them, they go on deep discount pretty often. Microsoft, and Sega though have a pretty good relationship with each other, so they might be on Game Pass for a long time.

That's good news. Those are some I can't let go of right now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Tatsuta Age posted:

hadn't even considered this, I'm only like 25 hours into 5

I'm a dumb noob who is still on the first 1 after finishing Yakuza 0. My billion dollar real estate empire... like dust in the wind.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I haven't touched Skyrim in about 8 years and only played the 1st dlc and never any of the mods. With all the added stuff I'm pretty excited about buying it again! I think it's a good deal for people who haven't been playing it all the time for the last 10 years.

Plus with game pass if it's only going to be 20 bucks...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

American McGay posted:

SO DONT loving BUY IT, DONT loving UPGRADE IT, DONT loving PLAY MY GAME.

I mean Christ, all I did was make this rerelease to support next gen hardware which actually pleasantly surprised me, and folks are voting this store page "crap" and suggesting I'm scamming them. I've said repeatedly that this was just an anniversary edition and in no way new content. I've said the items were user created from Creation Club, so I'm not trying to hide anything. I've-

ahh gently caress it, I'm closing this store page, gently caress you and gently caress the Xbox thread, I can never post a single goddamn Skyrim edition in here without you assholes making Games threads it up in some way or another. I should've learned my lesson long ago and never left the intelligent, rational publisher where I don't have to deal with clueless idiots and morons like you people. I'm going back to Zenimax and staying there, since it has a microscopic fraction of the idiots and trolls populating Microsoft.

I guess that should strike me as being ironic, but it's more sad to me than anything. Thanks for running me out of my own goddamn game.

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ruffian Price posted:

I think it's in character as Todd Howard

And another excitable fella.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

In skyrim in the last 9-ish years have they fixed the deal with the vampires showing up and slaughtering all the shopkeepers?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

J-Spot posted:

I'm sure there's a mod you can get to remove it. I had a run where the entire adult population of Riverwood was wiped out over the course of the game thanks to dragons and vampires attacking every time I traveled there, but I actually thought it was more funny than annoying.

Skyrim is a harsh land.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

RCarr posted:

Next time move to a house that already has a roof.

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Biodome posted:

I tried the New Zealand trick for GTA3 and it doesn’t work 😔.

I'm excited for the Skyrim Anniversary dlc and I don't know what time tomorrow they drop that on the store.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It's up on the store now. :)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All the extra quests with the anniversary bundle seem really cool. Can’t wait to do the Oblivion gate one

I'm playing with survival mode for the first time and wow does it change how I play the game. Much more immersive and random things like baskets of apples actually are nice to find now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cloks posted:

it has multiple usb ports that you can configure to actively provide power when the console is asleep

you could charge any number of dongles on your console, including

PS5 Trophy: Gaped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ultrachrist posted:

WoW is a match faster game than FF14. I can't imagine it's as controller friendly.

Anyway, I came to this thread to say: Dicey Dungeons is amazing. Can't believe how far they pushed this concept.

Dicey Dungeon is fun. The narrative and writing is fun and the music is great. But I am missing something with the thief. I just get slaughtered. The witch is really hard but I think I could get better at it. Thief is just death for me.