Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

though i do appreciate rare replay for allowing me to play a zx spectrum game for the first time and making me realize how much better we had it over here in the 80s then they had it in the uk lmfao

Same. I can't believe people used to pay money for the Sabreman games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Barudak posted:

Yeah the bone version of bloodstained has a bugged achievement whose fix date is likely "never" because the patch team all got reassigned to switch and we all know the Bone version did not sell well enough to justify more work.

I bought it there though...

It's getting fixed soon, apparently:

quote:

Xbox 1 Update 1.006 is looking to arrive by last week of September and will include:

IGA’s Backpack DLC
Balance Update #1: Details Here
Overlord achievement fix
HDR Fix
Localization improvements
XB1-specific bug fixes
Bloodstained ran mostly fine for me on a base XBone, although it would frequently freeze for a couple of seconds the first time an enemy dropped an item after exiting a warp room. Load times were also pretty bad.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The original Dead Rising is on Games With Gold. It seems to be the Xbox One re-release, with all the original assets running at 1080p/60fps.

I was obsessed with the game at release on the 360 and already have this version on PC, but I'll take any excuse to replay the game.

Did they fix the controls in the re-release?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
What was the early 360 game with like, 970 points that made people angry because their gamerscore would be permanently uneven?

BisterdDave posted:

I really enjoy getting achievements, but could not give a single poo poo about what value my gamerscore is.

Same, I think mine ends in a 2 thanks to Marathon.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Zerot posted:

The Gaming Leaks and Rumors subreddit has a real good one to lead us into the weekend:

https://reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/nxolwz/microsoft_to_launch_3d_pinball_2_direct_to_game/

:eyepop:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I can't even imagine what Outer Wilds DLC would be like but I'm very interested to find out.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Revisiting the original Dead Rising, which means I've been driving through the tunnels for several hours to rack up 54,000 kills. Does anyone remember if hiding in a bathroom until the clock runs out counts as an ending? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but want to make sure so I unlock the Real Mega Buster.

You have to be on the helipad when time expires in order to unlock the buster but you're free to ignore all cases.

I've also had an itching to go back to DR, then I remember that it maybe has the worst control scheme of all time.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
That's another FF leaving game pass after exactly one year. Guess I'd better get to 8 by November.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I love the witness AND Jon blow.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
12 minutes feels like the babel fish puzzle in Infocoms HHGttG, except with no quick load and fewer hints. Oh well, gamepass.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

GigaPeon posted:

Ok we must have gotten different stuff cause when I hit Continue after credits I'm in a totally empty apartment with no power or wife. The watch is in the hiding place but it's broken and I can drag the minute hand around, but it doesn't seem to do anything

Outright spoiler: drag the hand to 58 and wait for a minute or two.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Has anyone completed Twelve Minutes without looking up the solution?

No, nobody has.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

The Kins posted:

GOING:
Leaving November 15:
Final Fantasy VIII HD (Console and PC)

welcome posted:

That's another FF leaving game pass after exactly one year. Guess I'd better get to 8 by November.

Got the month right but didn't account for it leaving on the 15th, thought I had two more weeks. At roughly 3 whole hours in, don't think I'm going to finish it.

Oh well. I suppose I'd better start XII sometime before it definitely leaves gamepass on February 15th.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Outpost Kaloki X :vick:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Real hurthling! posted:

I was so hype for splunky 2 after playing and beating the first and then it owned me too much and too capriciously even for me as a big fan

Same, it just gets too nasty too fast.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PS5 has the worst UI I’ve ever used.

Worse than PS3/PS4?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

poo poo, no way am I going to finish 5 in two weeks and I'm also now going to be 0/3 on finishing a FF before it leaves gamepass lol.

How did people feel about Octopath? Thinking about buying it and probably never playing it but maybe playing it.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Wow!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

kecske posted:

microsoft please now swoop in and buy squeenix with your almighty dollars :pray:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Deliberately not buying Band of Bugs for 15 years finally pays off.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Real hurthling! posted:

Their touchpad is a huge power hog that serves no purpose at all

Its purpose is to make me hit it instead of the start button seven times out of ten.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

teagone posted:

Should I play FFX, FFXII, or FFXIII next? I can't decide.

All 3 are good but absolutely play X.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Disgaea 3, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories. . .you know, the big hits.

Thanks to research for this post I found out that Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls is on PC apparently.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Not on gamepass but Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is currently $10 apparently, online's probably deader than the BC games though.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Seltzer posted:

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking. Pac man always sucked and was only acceptable when it was one of four arcade machines in existence.

I think it kicks rear end myself.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Professor Beetus posted:

I've been looking up guides and they all have you download durango ftp first and load up dolphin/pcsx bios and it's kind of a confusing process, and also only talks about psx and n64 games. Is retroarch just compatible with snes/nes games out of the box or do I need to find other :filez: for that? These guides I've found seem needlessly complex in some areas and completely vague and unhelpful in others, and I haven't been able to find a decent written guide at all, just youtube vids.

I'm just asking because your post seemed to imply it was as easy as going to the store and downloading retroarch, so I'm wondering if the guides are out of date or whatever.

It's GWG in a game pass world, they're gonna be trash op

All you need to do to play Nes/snes/etc is go to the online updater in RetroArch and update core info files and possibly assets, then restart it. Some systems require BIOS files (PSX) but usually you just have to copy the proper file to the apps system directory. RetroArch itself has a bit of a learning curve compared to every other emulator if you haven't used it before.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Laserface posted:

is there any other metal gear games worth playing besides MGS because I hated MGS2 so I gave up at that point.

A lot of people think 3 is the best, you probably won't like 4 if you didn't like 2 though.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Quantum of Phallus posted:

@Lifespan thanks for the great posts

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Bloodborne - some lame poo poo, yeah I get it I watched American werewolf in Paris too.

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

decided to try Yakuza 4 for giggles. I'm 45 minutes in and all I did was talk to some people and punch three guys. Does this get more engaging or

4 is probably the worst game in the series, play 0.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i kinda liked Yakuza 4, i thought 3 was easily the worst because they hadn't figured out the combat yet, so everyone blocks too much and fights take way too long generally

I felt that enemies blocked nearly as much in 4, except Akiyama and Tanimura can't break guard as effectively as Kiryu (XYY wins nearly all normal encounters in 3), plus Akiyama's heat actions take forever. Also awful final boss, worst + most nonsensical story in the series, mandatory chase sequence every time you want to switch to/from Saejima in the postgame, same bad mini game engine from 3...not a fan.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'd at least play Kiwami if you can spare the time, at ~20-25 hours it's positively breezy for the series and it'll be a natural transition from 0.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

acksplode posted:

I didn't notice it much on my first playthrough, it's definitely well paced and everything looks great so I was mostly in a state of awe. But I replayed the first third or so when it got a PC port and I couldn't help but notice all those moments. Like when you're first introduced to Freya's area and they slow you down by giving you a wounded pig to carry. (Even though Kratos can pick up entire trees in cutscenes, whatever.) Also the other part is that it's been 4 years since GoW released and that's just been more time for me to get tired of that technique. I've been putting up with it since the 360, time for SSDs to put it to bed.

I didn't play GoW but I'm playing through FF7R and it's excessive here, Cloud's shimmying behind a crate or duck-walking under another crate or slowing to a crawl every couple of minutes.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I liked it better than City but not better than Asylum but yes better than Prototype.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
There's a bunch of 360 games on gamepass. Fallouts, Fables, Feeding Frenzies, hell I'm pretty sure Fusion Frenzy is on there.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When I accidentally hit the button now (put batteries in that controller this morning and now it connects after refusing to for months), it brings up the guide menu and a popup to turn on share features. Which in the middle of a fight or something, is really goddamn annoying.

You can turn on share features and then you'll just get a regular notification and a screenshot that you can delete in six months with all the rest of your accidental captures. Might be annoying if it pops up over cutscene dialogue but if you're accidentally hitting the share button mid-cutscene then I don't have any further suggestions.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
You have get 1000/1000 cheevs before you can play 2. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lammasu posted:

He made a game where you kill refugees? Sick gently caress. Anyway, why doesn't Microsoft release the Keen games on Xbox now that they own them?

Didn't Softdisk and Apogee publish all of the Keen games?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ah, cool. Then I agree with the OP, where the Keen games at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Goons are always like "oh that super popular series in trash, play this game where you're a paperboy in the 1930s and there's a dedicated button to shart yourself, it's 20 minutes long."

The game's name?