Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does it come with iconic machine gun?

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

mllaneza posted:

Shooting a Nazi is always the feel-good moment of your day. Until the next one. Adding Klansmen as opponents victims can only add to the joy.

Let's hope they don't do what Mafia 3 did: water them down and not even refer to them as the Klan.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Pwnstar posted:

BJ actually got kidney transplants from an unwilling Nazi donor while he was unconscious but due to habit, his body instantly began fighting the Nazi organs.

His blood cells are red,white AND blue! :911: Sorry,couldn't resist.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Can anyone recommend a good let's play of wolf 09 on YouTube?

Your Evil Twin's LP is pretty fun.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

You get him if you save Wyatt.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Fuuck I thought it was earlier than that. That's like two more weeks where I'm not murdering any Nazis.

Hey, in a couple weeks Shadow of War will be coming out. Murdering Orcs should at least whet your Nazi-murder appetite.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Steam pre-load is currently 259 MB for me. Anyone else having the same problem?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I remember Shadow of War did a similar thing. I don't know if it's data compression or Steam being stupid.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

A mildly irritating observation posted in the same amount of threads as your strawman, friend.

Giving Machine Games lots of money is not a progressive thing. Saying this is not mutually exclusive with the idea that mad Nazis are funny.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Yeah, I was gonna say there's some real r/hailcorporate poo poo going on in here. If you enjoy the game and hate Nazis, great. But if you actually want to help people who have been victimized by hate groups or who are at risk of turning to political or religious extremism to solve their problems then Zenimax Media having a good quarter is not going to accomplish that.

Please, do something with your time and money to help those who actually need it if you have any to spare and care that much.

Here's my response to your bullshit:

Stan Taylor posted:

Now I'm buying this game to make you mad. lol.

But no, seriously: just be like me and put poptart_fairy and Weasel on your ignore list.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

Liquid Drink is a Fun Nazi. And I don't mean a Nazi that's fun, I mean he's trying to kill all good times and fun ITT.

And also that he's probably a literal White Nationalist because he seems really intent on breaking up the party in here.

The same can be said of Poptart and Weasel.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If you guys are adding people who say ‘Zenimax/Bethesda is bad’ to your ignore lists you may as well add me too.

If I could, I would.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 26, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Liquid Drink posted:

Cool things about this game

- 5 hours long

-a ton of cutscenes and talking

- you get a game over / mission failed for killing hitler (who is a movie producer now)

- the last boss is a QTE

- the ending is the writers self insert talking directly to the camera about how Nazis are bad while BJ sits in the background

- while he is talking a screamo cover of “we’re not gonna take it” starts playing lol

10/10 this game is a masterpiece

Just gently caress off already.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

psychoJ posted:

5 hours doesn't sound right, it took me like 15 to beat The New Order on my first playthrough

This guy's playthrough clocked at around 12 hours.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Uhhh could someone maybe answer my question? What other modes are there in this? I’m trying to look it up and I can’t seem to find any solid info...

It's just single-player. Like New Order was.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

20%? Wow, let me change the question: What incentive do I have to take $48 out of my Put Lead In Todd Howard’s Head Fund for such a short experience?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess it is a bit disingenuous to compare Half-Life 2 mods to modern AAA western games- the people who make those mods usually have a lot more dedication and care more about what they’re creating than ‘actual’ developers

VolticSurge posted:

Just gently caress off already.

eonwe posted:

its just a funny gimmick, you guys try not to get as worked up ok yall

It's the fact that he can't be ignored that's annoying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Whelp. Looks like I'm playing it once then trading it in. I might buy it again later down the line if the DLC turns out to be any good. The devs have NO EXCUSE for the game to be as short as it is. How much time did they have to work on it again?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

OK, that cracked me up

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So, can anyone who's played the game confirm- can you actually shoot Klansmen? The strategy guide doesn't mention them at all.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

GUI posted:

Wearing headphones I had issues with the gun sounds being extremely quiet on PC until I changed the audio settings to TV instead of the default Cinema (which I assume is for 5.1 set-ups). Maybe try that.

Yes. It was briefly featured in the trailers even.

Really? Because the guide makes no mention of them at any point.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So, I keep hearing from my friends that the black lady (Grace, I think that's her name) is an obnoxious writer's pet/Mary-Sue, apparently. She seems fine from what I've seen. Can anyone confirm/deny?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Good to hear that Grace is actually cool. Now I'm wondering- is there any truth to GUI's statement that the game's story is Shadow Warrior 2-tier? Because even my most racist vitriolic friends say the story's really good.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CDHiggs posted:

The level design in this game has taken a real step back from The New Order. For as much as the The New Colossus is credited with not holding back or pulling any punches, it seems that all of the controversial stuff was in that Rosewell level (and you really don't do much of anything there), or in the admittedly well done cut scenes. Another thing that annoys me is that twice in the game you hear characters talk about how certain pockets of Americans and, in one case early on, Nazis are being forced to live/survive in horrific living conditions, but then the game fails to show you those conditions. I kept waiting for it to happen, and it never came.

Ah, so they pussed out? What a shame? Time to refund, I guess. :sigh:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they don't pusse out. they straight up talk about alot of the evil poo poo that's been happening and how WASP america has basically sucked Nazi dick because shitheads felt important. id say the front half is more loaded then the second half outside of few parts and level or two. you wont get stuff like camp belica but it doesnt puss out.

Really? Because CDHiggs just said they puss out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

So, other than the devs supposedly wussing out, the first little bit of the game has been fun so far. I squeed with joy when BJ said "There's a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi."

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 30, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Shoehead posted:

As long as Wolf 3 isnt the ME3 of the series.

Nah. That's 2. 3's gonna be an improvement over this.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Empress Brosephine posted:

I agree I just think “guy feels this way because it’s the common viewpoint at the time” isn’t a valid reasoning for wanting to murder someone. I’m not saying show the father doing horrific actions but my grandpa would say the same stuff and I don’t think he deserves to be murdered :shrug:

Sounds like something a Nazi would say.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

ymgve posted:

I felt like she was welcomed too quickly into the crew and a huge risk, and it made them all seem really naive.

Did you miss all the cutscenes with nobody really trusting her and making GBS threads all over her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYVbU8_vvs

Well that was an unpleasant review with a guy who seems extremely confrontational for no reason. It's sad, because he does make some good points, but his need to lash out at people is difficult to put up with.

Considering one of the guy's other videos is this, he's just a despicable human being. The moment he started bitching about Hilary I knew his opinions didn't matter in the slightest.