Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Wow. Raw looks like it was a real stinker. Like, how does that FaceTime segment even exist?
Because Vince found out about it over the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will give Raw credit for one thing tonight.

They teased Heath Slater going after Miz.

Heath Slater wins the IC Title at SummerSlam. Come on. COME ON.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

VJeff posted:

Asking genuinely, has there ever been a case of a roster this talented being wasted this badly?

Eli Wiggum posted:

WCW in 1995 and onward when Hogan was running amok?

Nah, WCW 95-97 I wouldn't argue as wasting talent. Yeah they probably should of pushed the younger guys better but the NWO was super hot and it was drawing. 98 was when they really started to waste the talent and it just snowballed from there.

New Japan 2004/2005 while not as deep also is up there as well with Inoki chasing MMA dreams almost legit killing the company

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That Brock/Joe segment sounds like it was really good

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't hate Raw that much but maybe it's because I'm bothered by IRL poo poo and so disgusted by the NBA Finals that it's like when you have a stomach virus for a long time and then finally keep down some toast and it's not that bad.

What happened in the Finals?

Also I was somewhat amused by the bear bit. If just for the endless bad puns. Some things just reach the six year old in me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Just for fun, I went back to the Discussion thread that was open June 12, 2016

That day I posted that Lawler said the draft/brand split were coming back

The only two people anyone (in that and the following thread) was specifically excited to see where they wound up? Finn and Bayley

One year later:

_____________ was always bad, pay no attention to the booking

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't hate Raw that much but maybe it's because I'm bothered by IRL poo poo and so disgusted by the NBA Finals that it's like when you have a stomach virus for a long time and then finally keep down some toast and it's not that bad.

foochs I love you please don't tell me you're a Cavs fan :(

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

foochs I love you please don't tell me you're a Cavs fan :(

He's a Chris Paul fan.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

He's a Chris Paul fan.

And I loving LOATHE the Warriors.

Also LeBron is realtalk the best basketball player in the world. But it was more anger about the Dubs winning than Cavs losing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only thing from Ohio it's okay to be a fan of is Dean Ambrose. :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's weird how LeBron has total creative control over who he gets to play with and he chooses the biggest jobber geeks to fill out his bench. What a terrible booker. Should've put himself over, brother.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

The only thing from Ohio it's okay to be a fan of is Dean Ambrose. :colbert:

uh, the miz, idiot???????

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like Great Lakes beer.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I think Kevin Durant has passed Lebron as the best player in the NBA.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

VJeff posted:

I will give Raw credit for one thing tonight.

They teased Heath Slater going after Miz.

Heath Slater can't beat Miz until the bear beats him.

Get in line Slater!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

VJeff posted:

Asking genuinely, has there ever been a case of a roster this talented being wasted this badly?

As unrealistic as it sounds, TNA around late 2006/early 2007. You obviously had Angle vs Joe, the usual suspects AJ and Daniels, AMW was still around, the X-Division roster was loaded as hell, and they had a working relationship with NJPW that saw all the (soon-to-be-) top guys working for TNA. All the potential to be great, but Angle-Joe was quickly booked to hell, AMW split and Chris Harris got fat, the X-Division was booked solely as joke stuff Nash to laugh at, and the NJPW guys either only had like 2 matches each or became Joe's gimp.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

ThePariah posted:

lol hell no

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Germansimp posted:

As unrealistic as it sounds, TNA around late 2006/early 2007. You obviously had Angle vs Joe, the usual suspects AJ and Daniels, AMW was still around, the X-Division roster was loaded as hell, and they had a working relationship with NJPW that saw all the (soon-to-be-) top guys working for TNA. All the potential to be great, but Angle-Joe was quickly booked to hell, AMW split and Chris Harris got fat, the X-Division was booked solely as joke stuff Nash to laugh at, and the NJPW guys either only had like 2 matches each or became Joe's gimp.

Naito (and Yujiro) lost a handicap match to Kevin Nash

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Yeah, LeBron James is a machine designed to be good at basketball

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThePariah posted:

gently caress right off. You might as well say Dean is a better wrestler than AJ Styles. And consider the source.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Did Emma seriously return just to tap out?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Did Emma seriously return just to tap out?

Emma is in the eternal doghouse for not making Emmalina work.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Why do they keep showing wrestlers wanting to have sex with food?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm catching up on what I missed. That facetime bit with Alicia during the Cedric/Noam match... :stare:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i always have hated bayley

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWE has figured out how to parity book a best of 7 series and now a 2 out of 3 falls match :laffo:

Joe/Brock was good, Ambrose/Miz was good other than being a 100% rehash of their SD feud. Raw was bad.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i always have hated bayley

It's probably extremely rare for people to straight up go from "I like x" to "I hate x."
Always badding is an illusory phenomenon. The perceived swaying of opinion as a group is more likely down to a mixture of the people who like x getting a lot quieter when x's weaknesses are exposed, and the people who didn't like x (but didn't really make a fuss about not liking x, or didn't want to go against the grain) getting a lot louder.

imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I have no regrets about not watching Raw

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I watched Summerslam '98 last night. It was great, Jeff Jarrett got his head shaved by X-Pac, Droz and the Headbangers. Good times.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

VJeff posted:

BAY-BAY!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I totally understand always bading someone. I actually marked when Sasha debuted at the RR and welp...

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I think WWE is regressing back to the divas poo poo tbh

Look at the state of the Raw and SD champions/contenders

Then the nxt women are doing nothing

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I was hyped for Joe/Brock, and then it was all downhill from there save for the speedbump that was Miz/DeanBear. I barely managed to make it all the way to the end - through the Facetime bit, through Wyatt/Rollins, through the Women's Division stuff (liked the promo, hated the match), and then a draw in a 2-out-of-3 falls match.

Still...the Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup. That should keep me coasting over the summer.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I think WWE is regressing back to the divas poo poo tbh

Look at the state of the Raw and SD champions/contenders

Then the nxt women are doing nothing

They're knocking it down so Steph can come back and save it again

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Last week two posters mentioned Eugene comparisons

While part of the regular active roster, Eugene's longest period between clean televised singles wins was around 4 months

Bayley's on month 5 as of today (happy anniversary :toot:) and counting

Do you by chance work in data entry? And enjoy it???

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
When the Hardyz stay whole, it's reality and its rules that have to be broken. I can't think of any other explanation for a draw in a 2-out-of-3 falls match. Next they'll do a submission match where the Hardyz get eliminated by being thrown over the top rope.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

I can't think of any other explanation for a draw in a 2-out-of-3 falls match.

50/50 booking following Cesaro and Sheamus around like a ghost

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
fifty is not a particularly funny number...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

fifty is not a particularly funny number...

RacistGuidingLight posted:

you are a toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is lana really wrestling

• Locked thread