Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
"If you didn't start cheering for him the first time, well you GOTTA start liking him now!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Christ just leave the old man alone

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chris James 2 posted:

Which is Cageside seats says Reigns' announcement might be Taker rematch at Summerslam

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

I will never understand psp fascination with Bayley

I'll never understand your fascination with Alexa Bliss so we're even

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's absolutely no way Taker could get hip surgery and actually be able to step into a ring by August, right.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

VJeff posted:

There's absolutely no way Taker could get hip surgery and actually be able to step into a ring by August, right.

Roman reigns vs.....brian lee! At summerslam!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

russia is bad and did elections or whatever

I hope its mickie james

She's too white to be wearing all that Native garb. She's out.

It's Nattie.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'll never understand your fascination with Alexa Bliss so we're even

I don't know, that one seems pretty obvious.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

VJeff posted:

It was reported as a full hip replacement, which should be career-ending on its face, and even if it weren't, the average recovery for someone who isn't a broken-down mess is six months at minimum.

I mean, I guess Hogan kept going for a while after having a hip replaced, but that was Hogan and he was in TNA at the time.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 19, 2017

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know, that one seems pretty obvious.

She's got great facial expressions but is about OK on the mic I guess and I can't remember a single match she's been a part of.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Spikeguy posted:

Now I wish this was his real gimmick and a real angle they ran. He fucks with HHH by messing with the relics of WWE.

And so continues the tradition of 2k commercials doing a much better job presenting WWE characters than WWE itself.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

This isn't even the stupidest rumor I've seen today

Which is Cageside seats says Reigns' announcement might be Taker rematch at Summerslam

this loving company

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

How would that even work? I kicked your rear end so hard that I want to do it again, please cheer me I'm the baby.

That was the build of HHH-TAKER 3

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

It's ok it'll be the debut of Roman's terrible submission and he'll tap Taker two minutes in.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRUret15ds of course the HHH prop takes the least damage

So why i would want to cheer for the rear end in a top hat who is destroying things that i actually like and remember? This is another HHH meta angle?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How long until Roman beats Hulk Hogan

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Maybe they're bringing in a new Undertaker, a la Fake Razor and Diesel(or even Taker before!). Have a guy that's like 20-some. By gawd the dead man has found a new vessel!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

So why i would want to cheer for the rear end in a top hat who is destroying things that i actually like and remember? This is another HHH meta angle?

For a while there were legit contract clauses that the ads for the game could never have HHH be seen taking a finisher in-game

My guess is he wasn't happy enough with that this year and specifically wanted his memorabilia the only one not showed being destroyed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

so I think vince has Alzheimer's and is going to redo WM33's main event every four months

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The trailer is more creative and intriguing than any WWE console game in years.

Just bite the bullet and make 2k18 a $60 gem-matcher.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

For a while there were legit contract clauses that the ads for the game could never have HHH be seen taking a finisher in-game

My guess is he wasn't happy enough with that this year and specifically wanted his memorabilia the only one not showed being destroyed

I hope Vince never dies, that fucker is going to tank the company and or sell it to Disney

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Are we sure Triple H's real first name isn't Mark?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I bet the game sucks

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this loving company

i wouldnt trust cageside, the rumor segment is literally, "we listened to meltzer's podcast and kind of remember it" dave brought it up over the weekend, so they took it as, "post this to get clicks"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

oldpainless posted:

I bet the game sucks

It's only June, we have to wait until the roster reveal in August until we can start PSP's annual cycle of:

- "Hey, these videos from Axxess look pretty good, it seems like they've actually put in some new animations!"
- "Hey, these DLC packs are cool, I never expected to have [Legend] in the game!"
- "Bit the bullet and finally pre-ordered, all the videos and previews have convinced me!"
- "Just unlocked the preload!"
- "After a few matches, I have to say, I'm really impressed, there aren't nearly as many physics fuckups like last year and you can actually do [insert something that should be stupidly simple] this year."
- "Just encountered my first game-breaking bug, Neville's arms and legs actually came off the in the middle of the match so it was just his torso and head against Big Show."
- *a month passes*
- "God, this game loving sucks, I swear, it's the same old poo poo every year, same old commentary, same broken moves, same lovely single-player mode, same broken online servers, nothing's ever going to change until they get rid of this loving 20-year-old engine."
- *seven months pass*
- "OK, that trailer for 2K19 is pretty good, seems like there are some new animations this year!"

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe they're bringing in a new Undertaker, a la Fake Razor and Diesel(or even Taker before!). Have a guy that's like 20-some. By gawd the dead man has found a new vessel!

And they've got just the guy for it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Shinjobi posted:

Randy Orton is loving terrible, especially because there's always another possible title reign looming in the shadows. Jinder is not going to touch the top belt again after he loses it. Period. This is his one moment, and then he is done. But Randy? loving hell, how many more awful promos and boring title defenses must I be subjected to?

How many more times must I see Randall Keith "Ramp Snake" "The Viper" Orton get gifted a championship reign because the company feels they owe him another one?

How many more times must I see Cena/Orton teased yet again?

Jinder Mahal is a bad case of the flu. Randy Orton is a goddamn plague.

no, this is over the top. i think randy's insanely talented and one of the best workers in the company, even now. he's just the worst loving babyface ive ever seen lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

imo melting to death slowly is a worse fate than getting hit with a baseball bat

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

randy orton loving sucks rear end

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I will never not be creeped out by David Benoit

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Are wwe scared to put Jinder against someone else or something? 3 matches with Randy is excessive

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Please let that rumor for tonight be true. I want to see just how far down the rabbit hole WWE is willing to go.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chris James 2 posted:

Friend Rovert, on a percent scale from 1% to 100%, how sure are you Russo's actually unemployed like he swears he is? Because WWE and TNA have been doing enough stupid poo poo this quarter I'm certain he's consulting for at least one of them now
I get why people are pissed about the match ending, but come on man... the alternative is just like any other ladder match. Two random people come from hiding next to the ring to climb the ladder, someone falls off, and the other grabs the case.

This poo poo is entertaining as hell. Have we ever had someone blatantly cheat so badly in a ladder match before?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Please let that rumor for tonight be true. I want to see just how far down the rabbit hole WWE is willing to go.

I mean some rumours said Mania, so let's double down on Jinder :allears:

Imagine every week a walking pimple comes out, pulls a face that looks like he's struggling on the toilet, while saying "YOU PEOPLE!"

Then he has a bad match with your favorite, and wins the bad match.

Imagine that for nine more months.

Astro7x posted:

This poo poo is entertaining as hell. Have we ever had someone blatantly cheat so badly in a ladder match before?

Didn't Kane get Rollins' mitb for him?

EDIT: When the Jinder experiment fails and he goes hurdling back down the card, let's say next year, I'm calling that Orton is going to destroy him multiple times to make up for the three loses.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 20, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nathan fillion's character at the end of cars 3 posted:

it's actually offensive to go on and on about the first ever womens' something or other all the time and then undermine it in this way. it's worse than verbally mocking anyone who may have been naively proud for a brief moment of how "far" wwe has come at this amazing snail-like pace. i get that you don't think it's a big deal and may even feel like it's stupid to feel that way, but to some people it is a slap in the face after forcing us all to sit through stephanie's masturbatory speeches and video packages crediting herself for stupid poo poo that doesn't make even a single woman actually look good or capable in the end. david benoit's finisher should be called laying the hot bible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tonight on Raw, Roman Reigns stands in the middle of the ring and continuously spins a fidget spinner for 7 whole minutes without saying a single word. Then he leaves.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CobiWann posted:

I want to see just how far down the rabbit hole WWE is willing to go.

There are times when I picture an enraged Vince as Nero from the end of Star Trek '09: "FIRE EVERYTHING! :kingsley:"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gonz posted:

Tonight on Raw, Roman Reigns stands in the middle of the ring and continuously spins a fidget spinner for 7 whole minutes without saying a single word. Then he leaves.

people call it his most charismatic promo yet!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Friend Rovert, on a percent scale from 1% to 100%, how sure are you Russo's actually unemployed like he swears he is? Because WWE and TNA have been doing enough stupid poo poo this quarter I'm certain he's consulting for at least one of them now

This is cool.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Didn't Kane get Rollins' mitb for him?

Kane tombstoned Ambrose and then held the ladder for Rollins to climb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Timby posted:

It's only June, we have to wait until the roster reveal in August until we can start PSP's annual cycle of:

- "Hey, these videos from Axxess look pretty good, it seems like they've actually put in some new animations!"
- "Hey, these DLC packs are cool, I never expected to have [Legend] in the game!"
- "Bit the bullet and finally pre-ordered, all the videos and previews have convinced me!"
- "Just unlocked the preload!"
- "After a few matches, I have to say, I'm really impressed, there aren't nearly as many physics fuckups like last year and you can actually do [insert something that should be stupidly simple] this year."
- "Just encountered my first game-breaking bug, Neville's arms and legs actually came off the in the middle of the match so it was just his torso and head against Big Show."
- *a month passes*
- "God, this game loving sucks, I swear, it's the same old poo poo every year, same old commentary, same broken moves, same lovely single-player mode, same broken online servers, nothing's ever going to change until they get rid of this loving 20-year-old engine."
- *seven months pass*
- "OK, that trailer for 2K19 is pretty good, seems like there are some new animations this year!"

This is actually a perfect representation of being a wwe fan. Therefore the game is great.

• Locked thread