Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They changed the ropes to purple and changed them back 2 times for 8 seconds of actual wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's weird how LeBron has total creative control over who he gets to play with and he chooses the biggest jobber geeks to fill out his bench. What a terrible booker. Should've put himself over, brother.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The thing about making Bayley the "female John Cena" is they had to actually book her like Cena.

Cena got over with kids because he came off as the "cool big brother" who beat up the mean bullies, and that hero archetype is easy for kids to look up to and project themselves. "I wish I could be as cool and tough as John Cena." Boom, money.

Bayley just loses all the time and cries about it and looks like the lamest dork on the roster. What kid will ever want to look up to or "be like" this character?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bayley's finisher is fine, but her opponents need to do a better job selling it. Sasha always threw up her legs on the move and made it look great.

Why are we even talking about this? Bayley's finisher is like No. 996 on the list of "Problems With Main Roster Bayley."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

They should just have both Survivor Series and MitB be big shows. Do something about that huge nothing gap between Mania and SummerSlam.

It's weird that for the past several years MITB was considered a "new Big 4" show after they stopped caring about Survivor Series, but now they're trying to make SS a big deal again and MITB gets relegated to the B-brand. Huh?

Just go to a Big 5 and be done with it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Vince lost faith in Dolph and HHH felt the same, thinking he was too obsessed trying to be the new Shawn

Only took about 3 years for the rest of us to figure it out

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't Russo only book Brawl For All because he wanted to see Bradshaw get beaten up?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TV Zombie posted:

I think I missed this but how did John Cena become a Free Agent?

Raw ratings are in the toilet so they're hitting the Cena Panic Button again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I swear to God it feels like WWE is on a dare at this point.

*House of Horrors*

EVERYONE: That was the dumbest match of the year
WWE: Hold my beer

*Alexa/Bayley Kendo Stick on a Pole*

WWE: Hold my beer again

*First-ever women's MITB match ends with a man winning it*

WWE: GODDAMNIT WE HAVE TO UP OUR ANTE HOLD EVERYONE'S BEER

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What are the legit best WWE matches of the year?

Cena/Styles at Rumble
Bate/Dunne at NXT Chicago

Those are the only ones I'd seriously consider for a worldwide Top 10 list. Has anything else in WWE even come close to that?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jinder sucks no matter how much y'all ironic shitposting pretends he doesn't suck. I stand with Foochs.

Smackdown went to hell the moment they took the belt off AJ.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For a top guy and future Hall of Famer, Randy is dangerously hit-and-miss. When he's motivated by his material and willing to play along? He's one of the best at it. When he's bored and just going through the motions? Atrocious television, as he makes every segment/match worse by his obvious apathy.

At the risk of setting this thread on fire, Randy Orton is "privileged white man" personified. Doesn't matter whether he tries or even cares, he'll always get opportunities just because.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I literally am physically repulsed by Jinder's roid bod, listening to him speak causes me pain, and the entirety of his push to the title involved doing all the steroids and concussing someone infinitely more talented than he is but Vince didn't care because the victim was short.

I hate Randy a good percentage of the time but no push in WWE history is as undeserved as Jinder's. And I'm including Khali.

I spent 20+ years watching a bunch of dudes with obvious roid bods, and very few of them immediately set off my "he's on roids" alarm like Jinder and his disgusting bacne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Christ just leave the old man alone

• Locked thread