Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I missed most of the show but that final match was horribly booked and that ending was awful.

The Brock/Joe stuff looks like it ruled though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm catching up on what I missed. That facetime bit with Alicia during the Cedric/Noam match... :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP

I loved that segment a bunch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh AJ :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought the Alicia Fox facetime thing couldn't be topped for worst thing on Raw, then I saw the Bayley hugs Corey section.

At least Smackdown LIVE had two Fashion Police segments!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Irene broke my heart.

Shouldn't have been flaunting those new sports shoes she bought with her wads of cash she was deliberately keeping from her friends! :mad:

But seriously, poor Irene :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

is there anything worth catching from SD besides fashion police segments?

i gotta say, freeing up 5 hours of my week is pretty useful

It's damning with faint praise, but AFTER the main event (which was okay) things got briefly exciting and ended the show on a high note. Otherwise it was a largely forgettable show.

My schedule has been all screwed up and I've mostly had to watch Raw/Smackdown after it has aired, and it means I can get through the shows a lot faster. That's good, but I do miss the GDTs which tend to make even the bad shows enjoyable.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The peanut butter association made me think of him saying it like Mister Ed.

Please don't spoil Vince McMahon's plans to continue running the company after he dies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

Lana was supposedly really really awful before, right? I wonder if this is a miraculous transformation, because otherwise I'm not sure why she was catapulted straight into title contendership.

Did Lana ever even have any desire to wrestle? She was brought on as a valet and she's been extremely effective in that role, but I never really got a sense that she actually had any desire to be a wrestler beyond the odd bump here and there to pop a crowd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

I care. I care about all my friends in PSP.

You'll all always have oldpainless!!

:glomp:

More importantly than all of that, will he be on Talking Smack!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anyway, I'm hype for MITB despite myself.

I think at least one of the MITB matches is probably gonna be real good, and I think the women are probably going to work their asses off to show what they're capable of.

I'm not particularly interested in any of the other matches on the card (apart from Jinder/Orton I can't even remember what other matches there actually are!) but those two will probably really hold the show together. At least I hope so!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is it.

When Enzo first started doing his schtick, it was fresh, new, different and cool. He is also very good at it which made it entertaining. Now, instead opf capitalizing on the charisma, and letting Enzo be Enzo in different, also entertaining ways, they have him do the same thing again, and again, in the same way. So it becomes less entertaining, and we the crowd, being less dazzled by the shininess of teh new and cool can more clearly see his, (and Cass's) faults

I do actually recall early in his main roster run, Enzo would come out and change up the spiel and the crowd would sit quiet until it got to the familiar parts so they could chant along. I don't doubt for a second that he and Cass were told just to stick to the set part every week so the crowd could chant along, so now we no longer get any of his fun improv/change-ups.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 17, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who knows where it will go, but man I love how they handled the Kanellis' debut.

Go RV! posted:

I called my Dad for Father's Day today (call your dads), and he asked me about Big Show getting shot. Apparently he saw this Onion article and didn't realize it was a joke.

http://www.theonion.com/article/wwe-staff-forced-shoot-aggressive-wrestler-after-c-56272

That final line :eyepop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I also wish AJ was still the Champion. Those were good times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Randy Orton?

More like Badly Fartman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

its a good series? i want to watch it but the idiots think that representation is a way to piss people off instead of contributing to a narrative so im afraid of tokenism and HUUUR DUUUUR DRUMPF bad

It's real good. If you enjoyed anything else Bryan Fuller has done then this is pretty much him unfiltered, even if that's not your cup of tea the show is worth it just for whenever Gillian Anderson shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Roman's announcement is that he is very proud of the Usos.

DoctorGonzo posted:

In extreme Corbin voice, i dont know who he is or what he has done. The last series i watched was Westworld: Anthony Hopkins was really cool but the black robot and her stupid idiots was really bad

Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies and Hannibal are probably what he's best known for. Hannibal was exceptionally good and I recommend it, but right now American Gods has its first season complete and it's only 8 episodes so it's going to be easier to check out and see what you think.

• Locked thread