Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bakanogami posted:

Too bad that it's on a 6K max health berserker with no defensive skills, so you're probably only gonna get one turn to use it.

Other party members can take the hits. :colbert:

Seriously though I think she'd have good Synergy with Leondias on a Buster based team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Compendium posted:

Lancelot is for mobs, Herc is for bosses, just keep that in mind.

Isn't Lancelot also good on a crit based team due to his NP generating absurd amounts of Crit Stars?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holy crap Nitocris :laffo:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Caster Nero does the Gunbuster pose in her Noble Phantasm.

It owns.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

Sumanai.

Still better than D'eon.

D'eon has a niche in being a tank.

Sumanai has... what... being paired with George?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

Sumanai isn't even the worst 4* in the NA version. And we haven't received the depths of pure failure that Fionn and Astolfo are.

What's wrong with Astolfo?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

I think you're mistaking the things that enthusiasts like us care about for things that their wider paying audience care about. If the game's going to be financially successful then it'll be off the back of people whose only experience of Fate - if any - is Zero or the UBW anime. "Will NA get this one collaboration event with characters I've never heard of" is not going to be something they care about, if they're even aware it's a question at all. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Aniplex to prioritise it.

Wouldn't this be the other way around though?

Mobile games are usually primarily supported off the backs of a handful of big spenders with lots of money. These sorts of people are the Hardcore fans, so getting in those more obscure characters is important because that's what will inspire the Whales.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, Nerofest was like a week ago and we're probably going to get more news at Otakon this weekend.

If not, then yeah, hit the panic button

Honestly the moment I heard about them being at Otakon I knew that they were holding back info for then.

I've been taking it slow and just finished Rome, plus I still have all the Free Quests to spend AP on.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RuanGacho posted:

I have a 37/80 Limited/Zero Over that I stumbled into before I thought to check to see if there was a thread. Its... good right?

It's the biggest buff to Buster Cards in a CE in the game even in JP (Later Buster Buffs are smaller, but come with other effects) so it's good with any Buster based Servant.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

Speaking of... is Imaginary Around straight-up better than Be Elegant the same way that Formalcraft is straight-up better than Divine Banquet?

I would imagine so, but Crit Stars drop rates seem a little funky.

They're actually fairly different in effect.

Be Elegant increases Crit Star drop rates, which applies to every hit the Servant does, technically. It's just that quick cards have the biggest chance of it. So sticking it on, say, Gilgamesh, would still be good because every single one of his attacks has 5 hits. (Which is actually amusingly ironic).

On the other hand, Imaginary Around increases Quick Card Performance. This means that Quick Cards will do more damage, more NP generation, and have a higher Crit Star chance.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 12, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man there's literally nothing in the game that needs Servants that level yet.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm lucky that for the most part most of the mats are meh, having 90+ atm means that I likely don't need them for anything soon, though I should investigate what Rider Rin needs.

If you mean the Swimsuit Ishtar, as a Free Servant given out for an event her ascension materials are unique and handed out with the event you get her in.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

good news, between rider kintoki and kuro, some of the best units in fgo are given away for free too

Excuse me you're forgetting the Real Best Servant, which is given away for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGjnlpaSOTw&t=33s

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Monty Python references are lame 99% of the time but for some reason when they involve Saber it makes me smile.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sherlock Holmes stories have the keyfabe that Sir Doyle was Watson's literary agent and merely publishing the stories.

I assumed that Grand Order was going with that.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

The Vlad who drank peoples' blood is strictly an invention. Rin even says something like "poo poo, they'll let anyone be a Heroic Spirit nowadays."

It's more like thanks to people associating "Dracula" with vampires the Heroic Spirit Vlad III gained a sort Noble Phantasm "Legend of Dracula" which gives him traits of a vampire. (Not Dead Apostle.)

Notably he'll only willingly use it when summoned as a Berserker.

Edit: Beaten so long ago.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well this makes my third Gold Archer. :psyduck:

Plus with a Event CE from a Summoning ticket I think Dango won't be that much a problem.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Word of advice for the event.

Beat George first because he can easily spam his Def up Skill and become invincible for multiple turns otherwise

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't need anymore Special Dumplings stop giving them to me game.:mad:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

New Leaf posted:

gently caress this Guardian Knight spamming motherfucker. The enemy shouldn't be able to use their stupid cheap rear end defensive moves more often than you can.

If you have a Medea, bring her along and try to keep her alive. She may have the triangle disadvantage but Rule Breaker will remove those annoying buffs.

a kitten posted:

Martha, with her pockets full of dangos, peels out on a dragon. "See ya sucker!"

Martha owns and I will toss tons of Quartz for her Ruler version.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Orion's Arts animation of just kind of tackling the enemy makes me smile.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

New Leaf posted:

I've somehow managed to get 4 Moon Baths. Do I even really need to get the event CE? I'm doing alright gathering on my own. Or is it useful even after the event?

Does +15/20% Critical Star generation and Critical Hit Damage sound good to you?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Once you do all the story events you will grow to hate the sight of them.

Edit: Anybody here in the thread have a decent Lancer and/or Lancelot with the Bath CE equipped? If so could you post up a friend code.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 19, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

as the game goes on you can and will have exp more as the problem than mats. i have 60-70 statues/monuments of every type and at least 2 dozen of every single ascension mat in the game in jp version, but leveling all these characters up is still a giant chore. anything above level 58ish takes about 10 gold exp cards, and anything above level 74ish takes about 20ish. per level

I'm honestly baffled they haven't introduced 5 Star EXP cards yet.

mrRedWhite posted:

I've got an Elizabeth at 70 with Bath. Code is 767,964,291.

Thanks.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Level every Servant but Gilles , Mephistopheles, and Boudica

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RanKizama posted:

Holy poo poo those animations. Who is he?

Christopher Columbus

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You have no idea how sad I was when doing JPFGO when rolling on the Summer Banner, really wanting Medjed Nitocris. Seeing the Assassin Card pop up, get excited, and then see it was Stheno.

Speaking of that, are there any lucky JP players with a Support Merlin available in this thread, started a JP account just as this event was starting, and want to use Mash and Merlin to try and Cheese through the fights so I can upgrade Rider Ishtar's NP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

i dont have a merlin but i have waver, 247,666,132

Waver won't help because I need to Not Lose by spamming Mash's NP and heals. Which Merlin and/or Tamamo will provide. (As well as All the Arts cards)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I am glad to see I am not the only one to suffer this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

oh gently caress me, how do you move supports to the backline

Click the Line Up button on the Party Screen, and drag the Support Slot to the backline.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SpaceDrake posted:

I have an NP2 Merlin you can use, friend. 593.320,516

Thanks, I just put in the Friend Request. :)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

lol if you try and grind for mats and not just accept them as they come

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

cyxx posted:

Ahh yeah that makes sense. I have been unlucky with 5* ce and only have heavens feel. I think I have a mlb dragons meridian on him.

That bond ce seems insane. 3 guts buffs along with his skill guts.

And it's still less busted then what his regular FSN Noble Phantasm would give him.

Imagine having 12 Guts buffs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think Emiya's been given the most buffs of any Servant in the game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I need 8 Lancer monuments for FSN Cu's final ascension. I bet it won't be until the Halloween event that I can ascend him. :suicide:

Concidering that there's nothing yet in the game that remotely requires Final Ascended Servants I don't see the issue.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

I don't know about "requires", but I've certainly been glad to have fully ascended servants in some of the recommended level 90 quests I've done.

Are there any level 90 quests in NA?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I scrounge together a few scraps of Quartz for one final JP swimsuit roll.

UMU-get. :allears:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Which will do more damage: Buster > Arts > Arts or Arts > Arts > Buster?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Thundersword238 posted:

Buster Arts Arts will do more damage. Starting with a buster causes the arts cards to do more damage.

Yeah I knew that. I just wanted to know if the higher damage multiplier for a Buster card on the final hit will do more damage then the damage bonus added onto the Arts cards.

Like, assume this isn't a Brave Chain. Is the bonus from having the first card be Buster big enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SpaceDrake posted:

If Jalter doesn't come out to play for 10 million DLs I'm going to begin to suspect they're avoiding her on purpose.

Isn't she one of the most popular Servants in the game?

Like, if you don't bust her out for a big milestone like that what would you put instead?