Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm giving this game a shot because the story seems pretty cool (if horribly translated) and there are at least a few characters I like, so I have dumb questions.

1) I don't really understand team building concepts very well yet, so I have d'Eon and don't really know what to do with him. Seems to have taunt-tank related skills and a lot of HP, so what should I be looking for with the rest of my team? Stacking the rest with glass cannon DPSs or what?

2) Should I be rolling all my quartzes on this upcoming event or should I just sit on them and wait for something else specific? I'm still very early in the story so I dunno if I have to be a certain way into the game before events really become relevant or not.

3) Does the action deck reset after a round ends or does it carry over?

4) When will Nitocris get added to the English version :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Taunt teams are workable, though D'Eon's tough to use because he doesn't actually get taunt until very late. But yes, you'd pair him with Berzerker glass cannons so they can pump out damage while he's drawing attacks. You can experiment with Saint George when you get him, since he starts with taunt.

Yeah I had already guessed that it was going to be pretty lame that his taunt was his 3rd skill. It does seem like my kind of team though so I'll keep at it and work on my 1* Berzerker in the mean time.

Sounds like this English release is even more behind the curve release-wise than your typical Mobage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Asterios, Lu Bu and Kiyohime are probably the main low-rarity Berzerkers to look out for right now? Of course it's all down to personal taste.

About two years off? It doesn't seem like they'll be accelerating content at all for pacing and plot reasons, so we'll probably stay that far behind. At least it makes it easy to plan ahead.

Oh I see you get Kiyohime for clearing Orleans, so that's cool. Two years is pretty crazy but as long as the content release is steady I don't really care much about how far behind it is.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is it still possible to get the Master Recruitment Campaign ticket? It sounded like they cut it off earlier than I started playing.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh apparently Nightless Rose just drops from the dungeons as well because I just got one from the 10 stamina dungeon.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Random log-in ticket spat out an Altera, so that's pretty cool. I have too many units and no mats.

Is there some logic to how many attacks/skills the enemies get every turn? It seems like sometimes they always get 3 regardless of how many are still alive, but other times they don't?

Gonna miss being able to just chain rank up like this, been just alternating between the 20AP event dungeon and the 30AP XP fodder dungeons the last few days.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Schubalts posted:

Yes. They get a maximum of 3 actions per turn, split between them.

Servants get up to 3 actions. Shadow Servants get up to 2. Giant or unique bosses get up to 3. Gold icon normal enemies get up to 3. Silver and bronze icon enemies get up to 2, depending on the type of enemy.

Nice, that explains it then.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

God, I loving hate mondays. They have the shittiest quests.

I was wondering if I was missing something about why Mondays just don't have any green event dailies, but I guess not!

I dunno what servants to even work on at this point, I think my best stuff is Altera (who I guess kind of sucks but she's my only 5* and I like her), Lancer CuChu (I have no Claws of Chaos and have no idea if there are any guaranteed drops anywhere in story mode), and uhhh ... d'Eon I guess. Guess I should be working on Arash, Asteros, and Kiyohime in the mean time. Just stockpiling tickets, quarts and level up fodder in the mean time.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Vengarr posted:

Altera is great, very solid Saber. I'd argue that she's the second-best of the non-limited 5* Servants available right now. Try to get her to her third Ascension because her last skill (Crest of the Star EX) is her best. She fits on basically any team as a strong primary damage-dealer and you won't regret investing in her.

The only Sabers you can say for sure are better than her are Okita (limited rateup, very powerful in her niche) and Musashi (Limited rateup, even more of a beatstick than Altera, easily the best Saber in the game).

Okay, I was getting mixed messages about her based on the OP (which just says she sucks) and some tier lists I eyeballed.

Mine is on first ascension so far, just two fragments away from the second. At this point just having the raw stats helps pretty considerably anyway. Any other key servants I should look for to use with her?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Question about card chains as per this info. 1) All of the % bonuses are additive with each other right? 2) What's the damage bonus for a Buster Chain (since that doesn't seem to be listed)?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

All of the bonuses there are additive with each other other, but they're multiplied by other bonuses like attack up or card effectiveness up. Buster chain bonus damage is a flat 20% of the servants base attack score, no modifiers whatsoever.

You can see the full calculation here.

That's some good info, I didn't realize it was a flat damage add. I guess practically speaking it sounds like the usefulness of it gets relatively much lower the more buffs you are stacking.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

dicks i thought i needed the thursday quest

Always check the drop rate chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview (Make sure you pick the NA tab)

That says the Phoenix Feathers ARE a Thursday drop though. But remember that the rollover for dailies is different than the nightly rollover. It's 8PM EST when the dailies change, so we're on Friday now for example.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I pulled once and got Drake, can't complain.

Is George worth dropping a grail on? I'm not real sure who benefits from those the most.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

People were talking about him a while back, does anything effect Robin Hood's poison chance? It does not appear to be leveling the skill, based on the wiki. Annoying that it just sometimes misses considering how much damage that makes him lose.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheFireMagi posted:

Enemies can have Magic Resistance/Debuff Resistance. I'm guessing you're using him for the Saber dailies, which if so, Artoria has 20% debuff resistance.

That would explain it yep, thanks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheFlyingLlama posted:

gudaguda will have 20 horseshoes, so some more are coming

Any idea when can we expect that to happen? I need about 10 myself so it might be faster to just wait.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

this event will let me fully ascend kiyohime, which i feel she deserves for laying sick burns on dracu-dumb and being a good wife

I'm gonna grail mine and I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea and I'm pretty sure I don't care.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheFireMagi posted:

It's never a bad idea to grail your wives/husbands, this game is pretty easy for the majority of content, so use whoever.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with. Probably gonna give one to Altera, one to Kiyohime, and then horde the rest for eternity in hopes I get Nitocris.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Got that beat, first try no seals, at 39 turns :shepface:

I think d'Eon deserves a promotion for this one.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hows defense even work in this game? I'm assuming there isn't actually a 'defense' stat since it isn't listed anywhere. So does "15% defense increase" mean you just take 15% less damage or what?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anyone know when the additional Interludes and Strengthening Quests are for Altera and Kiyohime? I'm guessing they tend to just release these along with the new singularities?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

How many grails does JP have at this point? Trying to budget how many I can use now and still be able to give a bucket full to Nito should I ever pull her.

This event is getting me the horseshoes I needed to finally get Altera maxed out and get George's taunt up to level 10 so it is a good event regardless of anything else.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Pureauthor posted:

21 Grails, IIRC

Oh nice, a lot more than I thought there was.

Claws from the event are awesome too since I need roughly a billion of them, they even drop from the 40AP one as well.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The man called M posted:

What's the easiest 40 AP in the event to have somebody carry you through?

The Castor one is absurdly easy as long as you can bring enough damage to power through the boss before he uses his NP. He only gets 2 actions normally and almost always wastes them casting buffs.

Like if you have a decent Kintoki friend that's probably good enough, just keep him alive and then NP Brave chain the boss to death. Maybe bring a George and someone who can buff damage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anyone got a good example setup that uses Nursery Rhyme? I feel like I'm completely lacking on the crit star generation to make use of her first skill so I've mainly been going ham with NPs. But I don't have Tamamo, Waver, or any 2030s for that matter, so I feel like I'm probably not getting the mileage out of her I should be.

Also dumb question for anyone who understands the damage formula better than I do, which ends up having a bigger effect, 20% defense reduction debuff, or a 20% damage boost? Ignoring stuff like multi-targeting and all that, just in terms of raw damage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Tarezax posted:

They are exactly the same

Alright, I kept thinking there was something odd about those but I'm probably just thinking of some other random F2P game I've played at some point.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hans is a good fit for her (or any crit star absorbing servant) as he can gen some stars, provide a critical damage boost, arts chains, and his NP provides useful buffs.

Jack and Okita are also good star generation with plenty of offensive power of their own.

I was grinding Clerkenwell with Jeanne (who also has a star gen skill and arts cards to chain), Hans and Alice with good success, though I did have one 2030.

Ah I keep forgetting about Hans for some reason, I'll get to work on him next then. Hopefully I'll pull some decent CEs one of these days, very little luck in that department so far though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anyone know if either of the quests in the finals are particularly good for farming Evil Bones? I still need somewhere north of 600 of them (please kill me).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

10AP is the only one that drops bones, and its not amazing. It's enough that I'm leaving all my bronze medal farming until then, though.

Oddly I've seen 2 different charts that claim Expert also drops bones and 1 that doesn't. Hopefully I can at least make a small dent in my bone backlog.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rorahusky posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about Bones in the forseeable future. The rerun of the Halloween event will have 20 in its shop, plus not long after that we get the next batch of Hunting quests, and in it there is a Skeleton Hunting quest which is designed to drop Bones for people.

That's good to hear but I will still worry because I am trying to skill up Nitocris.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Here's what I ended up clearing the final NA challenge with, no seals:

Levels? Skills? CEs? Nah who needs em, we got Amakusa.

I'll start working on more support characters after this event I think.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Did a couple of 10 pulls and got another Kaleido and a couple of other random 5* CEs, pair of Bedis, max NP Serenity, Tristan, and an Ozyman. Hell of a pair of pulls, though NP2+ Nito still eludes me sadly. But now I can easily 3 turn farm without Waver so that's cool.

So 3 dumb questions:

1) So for Ozy, are there any good non-obvious uses for his 3rd skill? I was thinking of annoying random stuff like Hans NP, but that one's chances are kind of good enough not to worry about already, I feel.

2) Any CEs for Nito worth using that can boost Death chance at all?

3) Is Serenity worth working on at all? I was thinking her charge drain and NP seal stuff looked pretty useful, but I have Ozy and Nito already.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 2, 2018

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nice, that list helps a lot actually.

dogsicle posted:

e: Serenity might do better as a staller with Tamamo around but still, she seems too focused on less useful niches than other arts assassins.
Yeah, I feel like I'd probably be better spent working on 100 first since she seems to go particularly well with Ozy too. Serenity is much cuter though which is a large motivating factor.

NRVNQSR posted:

Only Demonic Bodhisattva, really. Technically there are CEs like Hydra dagger and Shiki's bond CE but the numbers on those are too small to make a real difference.
Hrm alright, hadn't seen that one yet. I was looking at Tommy E who can do the same thing but I hadn't played with how much of a real difference it makes.

Thanks for the tips in general too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NRVNQSR posted:

Because of the way the buffs and her first skill stack the difference between OC1 and OC3 is ten times as good as the buff from Hydra Dagger. Unfortunately it's hard to get OC3 more than once, however you get it.

Oh it's multiplicative with her skill? So goes from .5*2 to .75*2? Yeah that seems like a decent boost, might play around with that when I get a chance.

I have just a completely insane number of riders and casters for some reason and I'm completely dying on skill gems these days. Three out of my five 5*s are riders. :psyduck:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

e: n/m

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I rolled one more ticket and got NP2 Nitocris. I have some really outrageous kind of luck with this game.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hrm, does Skill Seal apply to scripted skills like in the Challenge missions for events and such? Like from Nerofest, the on-death skills?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You absolutely want to get the MLB shop CEs, because even if all they do is barely pay for themselves, you're effectively doubling the drop rates of all common materials for the whole event. This includes feathers, bones, lamps, meteors, babies, octoplets, serpent jewels, medals, and so on.

And I dunno about how the currency drop rates will be for the higher difficulties, but at least for Expert the MLB shop CEs are almost doubling the number of total currency drops I'm pulling in which means they will have well more than paid for themselves before I clean out the shop.

I guess YMMV depending on how many gatcha CEs you managed to pull or friends with them you have though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Raven9686 posted:

Is current even any good for bone farming? Cleared out shop and i realized how many bones i need.
It's not particularly good in terms of AP efficiency assuming all you want are the bones. The bone node doesn't drop the Elly CE either. However you can also get archer gem drops and Tearstones from it, and possibly pull in something like ~240k in QP per run, if any of those things might make it more appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I think even with all the events and shops and farming since September, I've still got at least another 400 bones left to go (down from my original 600 anyway, at least Nito is all 10s now). Too busy trying to finish up the shop and hoping for Elly CE right now though.

Hows about good places for Demon Hearts? Or any events going to show up with those any time soon?

Also, are there any more lotto events with mana prisms before the bond CE disappears from the store? I'm about 2k short of being able to afford the bond CE and debating if it's worth trying to grind the rest or not.