Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I would like to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Probably 2 scum. Phone posting for the time being. Will return to apply/respond to pressure. Also something must have went wrong, my PM just says "YOU WIN" in all caps. Hrmm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also each of you are experienced, mafia sages, but just in case, please don't hammer someone before we each can discuss, within reason of course, that said busy for a few more hours before I can truly contribute.

I skimmed and BK pings me most so far, but I feel like it's not far from his normal behavior. Still...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's 4 votes to executes and we still have most of 2 days until deadline.

Let's not rush it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

this is the second or third time you've expressed worry about us hammering too quickly when nobody has suggested we should do so or even hinted that it was a possibility.

You're at half the required vote. People need not express intent to act. I'd say most of the time people do not, and simply act. Scum would always have incentive to do this, but more so in flipless, do you not agree?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At P.T., but I have some intermittent down time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I think anyone who decides to hammer someone else when it was abundantly clear that the day was not yet over is scummy as hell. I think scum know that. I don't think this is a rational concern on your part.

That presupposes that all players would act rationally. My concern stems from experience. Town doesn't always act rationally, and scum coast by on that. At least that seems to be the trend lately. Swath of poo poo posts, obfuscating remarks, a would be turbo, and then a failure to piece that together on the following day.

I don't think it's too irrational a concern.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

CONTENT GAME

if you were magically given an item to bestow a 1shot cop ability on someone based on their posting thus far, who would it be and why??

Ecco or Quid. Tone, history and overall impression of both would make me want to clear them to avoid potential differences later if I was on the fence about either of them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh I did that wrong? I'm investigating in this hypothetical situation. If I was bestowing a cop... obv myself or no one lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

areyoucontagious posted:

EccoRaven posted:

So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

As such: ##vote quid for lurking.

Yeah, but maybe cool it with the joke votes? It's four to hammer and it wouldn't be impossible for scum to jump on your two votes?

How many scum are in a 7 player game? 2?

This interaction is the only thing I've seriously furrowed my brow over thus far.

As a person who does enjoy setup spec, I don't find that outright suspicious even if it has been demonstrated to be a scum tactic at emulating content. I'm more drawn to contagious harping on the joke votes so early.

You might be saying, "...but AA, weren't you complaining about not rushing the day?"

This is true. I was. However, AYCs remark comes 2 hours after game start when it was truly unlikely scum would hammer someone.

Ecco's reply towards me reinforces their previous stance on the notion, but when I expressed concern it was well into the day, and it was more for the point of securing a window of time to discuss. I'm not saying this makes AYC scum, but it certainly has made me think about it.

I am someone who always has difficulty with d1 and joke phase in particular. So eh...

---

I have come to expect a degree of Dadding from Ecco, and dadding almost always pings me. I don't want to excuse it, but I've placed my eggs in another nest for the time being.

---

I don't like Quids summary post. Seems like quickly written notes jotted down from a skim to seem involved.

---

I don't like PMush talking about incredibles. It's d1 sure, and it's a good movie, sure, but it's in the middle of discussion about the game no matter how thin the discussion was.

---

Not ready to vote on anyone, but most suspicious of Pmush, Quid and Ecco atm. Everyone seems true to the meta I've established for them with the exception of AYC whom I've not played with. So.... :shrug:

---

For the content game: I'd give it to pera. Seems true to what I've seen of them. Alternatively, BK.

I propose a different content game though...

Handing out cops is cool, but who would you cop, who would you doc, who would you kill!?

---

Cop: Quid, I've been over this one.
Doc: AYC, new and time would tell if this was a mistake.
Kill: D1 I might just leave it to chance if no one said anything that was truly :eyepop: , but I'd probably also pop Ecco (Quarterbacking as Quid put it can be dangerous, hence my aversion to dadding. I think it's the responsibility of experienced mafia players to guide and educate town, but the fear I have is that these experienced players when scum, can just lead town right to a defeat while eluding detection or suspicion).

Alternatively, I throw caution and player etiquette to the wind!

Cop: Ecco (just get it out the way and not be distracted by it later)
Doc: pera
Kill: AYC (That comment I pointed out earlier... It just rubs me the wrong way, but I'm torn between new player interactions and scumtells.)

So yeah...

AA signing out!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I never presented it as anything else? There was almost nothing that had happened at that point except for Ecco making a jokevote on me, so my reads were understandably light and based on almost nothing. The way the list is presented should have made that obvious?

This is a weird point to pick at me on.

I say this cautiously because you may be writing a follow up post, but I find it weirder that instead of commenting on anything else, you point this out immediately. Triggered by buckshot assessments, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

HMMMMMMMM...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I always comment on myself first, I am self-centered.

But you don't REALLY say anything much of substance in there, just a bunch of half feels. Kinda like my shotgun post of random thoughts, which was a lot shorter than yours....

HURMM.

I make more of a go at it than you, yeh? :allears:

Besides, how can we have substance this game beyond speculation and theory? I'm not saying quick assessments are bad, but it is more suspicious in this mode of play where solving the game will hinge on these interactions and our thoughts about them.

Now i sound like the dad. Better smoothe my mustache and tell bad jokes.

Succinct is good, but it feels as I described. Ok leaving foreal now. BYEEEEE~!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to dad my way to victory pera. The all-dad dadding merrily.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good day, friends! Who is ready for another exciting day of unfounded accusations! Yippee!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Fake impressive lol, cute.

My word choice is usually deliberate not to impress, but usually because those words are most appropriate. I don't care about impressing anyone.

Also yes, AYC, it was a content game equivalent to "marry, gently caress, kill"

Who would you cop?
Who would you doc?
Who would you vig?

However, if Mush is actually reading and not sniping in favor of shifting opinion, they will see that there is genuine opinion and explanation.

To call my points light is an unfair assessment when I actually made the effort to explain them, even if some are more brief than others.

Also BK, you are officially lurking at this point, what's up?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

More thoughts while I'm here paying attention, I like AYC. You seem like a chill, genuine player, and you really do remind me of the early days of Evil Sagan.

AA did not exactly change my opinion by jumping in literally fifteen minutes after I called them suspicious and then immediately making a super-defensive post.

Considering he was busy last night and it's still midmorning in most of the states, pressuring BK so much for not being here yet strikes me as going after an easy target. That being said, if he's still lurking this time tomorrow, then I'll definitely be taking a bit more issue with it.

Elaborate how I was super defensive? Super being a bit of hyperbole.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

lol, either text over the internet had mislead you or you're trying to establish a narrative. Just because I want you to explain your belief doesn't mean I'm now or then, defensive.

Also that post which you name defensive, it addresses both you and ayc, while calling out suspicion on BK.

You honing in on something like that is peculiar.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:tinfoil:

Sorry, been inundated with work and life. I'll be reading over this stuff shortly, but boy oh boy...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

areyoucontagious posted:

Also Pera, I'm a Taurus, I like long walks on the beach with my wife (sorry ladies, I'm taken) and you could best describe my posting style as "desperately trying to be one of the cool kids"

I resonate with the bold bit and I am fairly certain that was kind of what I was picking up on.

On to something else before I lead in to why P Mush is probably a baddie...

I know BK's absence has been vouched for, and his last post on this forum was in this thread, and I'm hoping he is fine, but I'll be wary of this if it extends beyond this game day.

Now onto P Mush...

First off, don't take this as a defense of Ecco. While I don't necessarily find them scummy given how this game is playing out, I still will not ever get concrete evidence as to their alignment, so this is not a defense, but more of a condemnation of P Mush whose play seems 'less-than-town'.

PMush's main point against Ecco, which she extended to me as well, is one against tone. This is the type of thing I normally harp on, because I try to suss out scummy behavior therein, but it's also something I get called out on a lot. As a beginner, I was unable to separate tone analysis from play, but PMush is a seasoned Maf vet. This rookie analysis without expounding upon it when requested is quite telling in my opinion.

Quid gives a warning about not voting too hastily on the second game day, and PMush takes it as a reason to unvote, then PMush, mostly riding on the interactions of other players uses this, without explaining their own suspicions, makes a final vote against Ecco.

Their play is undeniably bereft of anything substantial. This isn't a snipe, or mimicry, the proof is literally available to each of us by simply reviewing what has been said.

If you can read through PMush's post history in context with everything that's been presented, can you tell me that their play is genuine? That they've made an actual effort. A case around a joke vote? Sniping commentary? It's not genuine.

##vote PMush

---

I know pera doesn't care for it, but whatevs, 'dadding' or tone that can be identified as such isn't inherently scummy. I have found scum doing it, but usually there are apparent factual inaccuracies that go along with it. Tone here is tone, and I'm not paying much attention to it. Instead, I'm evaluating effort and response to pressure, or the lack thereof.

Anyhow, I'm going to drain the stress of the day in the tears of internet edgelords that I conquer on digital fields of battle.

Toodles!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

:colbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

what are you playing, i want to play :ohdear:

Heroes of the Storm :smugwizard:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

BottleKnight posted:

I made my case. I am indifferent to your satisfaction to my case on you.

I might be a bit daft, but what exactly is your case on quid? It seems to me you just kept your joke vote and have decided to call it good?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also quid, didn't see your post after I left. I'm doctoridle#1851, I'm p. Sure I have you on my list. I think we played OW once or twice??

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I recall this. I've read both tour post histories several times now, and I'm not sold on either of you as town. However, I will say if Quid is scum, I think it makes it much more likely PMush is.

Well... Yeah, can't do quoting and fancy stuff right now. Phone posting at an insurance adjusters office, but quid called out mush for basically the same thing he pointed out about Ecco, I'd say it's slightly hypocritical and definitely suspicious.

Alrighty, I'll check in again later.

I'd vote Quid or Mush. We won't know if they are scum or not, but that interaction with how bad mush' s play has been really pings me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll be here closer to deadline if we haven't ended. Swamped at work and have vacay next week so it needs to get done. Bbl

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

Ecco responding to this good point by PMush by handwaving away her play rather than addressing the point is p. susp:

Mush didn't answer my question when she inaccurately called me defensive. If I was a gambling man, I'd place my bet on you and mush for scum. I've read and reread that interaction between you two. That plus how I feel about mush's posting is really pinging me. Alternatively, mush and bk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't believe ecco is driving a narrative. That's a phrase that gets tossed around so much. Something something the narrative. I've used it as scum and town genuinely, but I think there is underwhelming evidence to state that.

A brief return to tone vs. Content. Establishing or even remarking on the practical theory necessary to win this format as town isn't establishing a narrative, and the contrasting views on players is expected, so I feel this is a weak, weak argument.

I feel like it is a fabrication that is contingent upon this tone vs. Content problem.

Also tone works both ways, you can be serious and authoritative or you can just poo poo it up, but neither pin someone as scum. Ecco pointing out the requirements for this mode at the start of the game is not suspect and having had to defend against that already, as stated, it seems weak, even with the argument now extending more into meta.

I think it's a scum push.

##vote Quidnose

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
pera, unrelated, I hope my usage of dadding hadn't offended you or anyone else.

It is not a patriarchal attack or anything, momming dadding, it's all the same to me, anomalous amalgam.

That said, I need to read your posts. I won't lie, my eyes glossed over on sections so I skimmed for key points and that is unfair to you, and it happens to me all the time, so I will give them their due diligence, I just didn't pick up bad vibes from you so...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok, back to work. I like quid for a vote today. Will revisit pera.

Honestly, if I had to make alignment calls, I'd say I'm mostly certain ecco is town, and mostly certain mush is scum, but we will not see I guess soooo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

A scum push by who? Just me?

What even is this? This post doesn't say anything related to the game at all, just goes on about how Ecco is above reproach. This is weird as gently caress.

Blanket dismissal. I'm not saying ecco is above reproach, but rather that I don't believe their is substantial evidence presented against him that is telling scum behavior. I believe you contribute to the push, sure. However, you are not alone. Now back to discussions on narratives...

You would say that my post has no precedence regarding this game and I just don't see how you could rationally believe that.

The passionate outcry does give me some pause, but I feel that the vote is right

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

On break again. Jesus Christ.

Ecco, let's break this down. If you think I'm scum, vote me. If you don't, case someone. Making this much white noise on a maybe and some high-concept "well maybe you should play better :smug:" is scummy as poo poo.

Surprised Quid is the only one calling her out on this, tbh. And now AA just so happens to come around to voting Quid too?

I don't remember who said that scum could coordinate with impunity without flips, but I think they're right. AA has been, pardon the pun, echoing her a lot. From where I'm standing, they agree on every big push and only differ when it comes up to little side points that aren't pertinent.

PS: AA almost IMMEDIATELY reacting to me calling them defensive by saying they're not being defensive? That's still a thing that happened.

Mush, address me asking you how I was defensive outside of quoting my question. I reiterate that it is not defensive to question the accusation, or request you substantiate the claim. That's due process in this game. So please elaborate.

Also maybe I echo ecco because their opinions on the game I have mostly agreed with. :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Furthermore, how is agreeing with someone telling or indicative of OOT collusion??

If we never reach a consensus or if no one ever agreed with anyone, how would the game even play out?

I like all of you well enough, but I will self immolate if we played for several lunchless days.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

"What? Defensive? I'm not being defensive! Tell me how I'm being defensive!"

Ok, back to narratives, because this is a prime example.

I ask you rationally, and twice now you make a mockery of the question.

Want to vote you, but quid feels better. Sorry about your scumbuddy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

Last post before I go back, already pushing the envelope. You always react to my pressure on you within minutes.

It's just coincidence that I'm available at the same time lol.

And yeah, don't get in trouble over mafs, "he said probably on the verge of getting in trouble" lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In true Quid fashion: HURM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll be around after a while to talk. Wading through tax nightmares at the moment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or did he lightly buss you, ayc?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Or did he lightly buss you, ayc?

Initially.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry for AFK, usual work busy poo poo.

Will come back with cases in a reasonable amount of time (hopefully).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, endless apologies. Going off of gut feels... and phone posting...

But I'm still wary of BK, less on mush.

Just a lumpen, nothing too substantial right now just because all of this effing work.

TOWN: AA > Mush (jailer claim :shrug:) > Ecco > AYC > BK > pera.

pera's posts don't say as much as their size leads one to believe. It's not overtly terrible or good, but out of everything playing out, I feel most wary about her posts. Sorry pera.

Will abstain from voting until I leave work.

• Locked thread