Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Something I don't understand is the mystique that surrounds bikers and motorcycle "gangs" (pffft :smuggo:).

I went a small road trip today and saw a lot of these biker gangs driving around and thought, if I swerved toward their lane that'd be the end of them. If anything, someone in a windowless van (not that I drive such a vehicle), has more power on the road than people on motorcycles.

If anything, seniors driving RV's may be the most hardcore motherfuckers of all when it comes to the road; they have compromised cognitive functions, their vehicle is exponentially heavier than the average bike, and since they're old they really don't fear legal repercussions (so I've heard).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time I watched a movie in the expensive private catholic school and it showed some tough bikers at a bar scowling a the camera.

Then they turned around and had "bikers for Christ" on the back of their vests and that was the last of them in the movie.

Obviously it was scripted but my teacher never stopped praising it :confused:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
people that drive harleys are driving a $25000 toy on the weekends and most gang people have bad credit

something aint adding up

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
crusiers are gay as all hell

there is nothing manly about cosplaying as rob halford and wearing black leather and studs and having tassels on your handlebars.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

Something I don't understand is the mystique that surrounds bikers and motorcycle "gangs" (pffft :smuggo:).

I went a small road trip today and saw a lot of these biker gangs driving around and thought, if I swerved toward their lane that'd be the end of them. If anything, someone in a windowless van (not that I drive such a vehicle), has more power on the road than people on motorcycles.

If anything, seniors driving RV's may be the most hardcore motherfuckers of all when it comes to the road; they have compromised cognitive functions, their vehicle is exponentially heavier than the average bike, and since they're old they really don't fear legal repercussions (so I've heard).

They used to fight the mob for drug control. Actual wars in the west. Also "Hell's Angels" by Hunter S. Thompson is a pretty good book

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

When it comes to the road I'd be most afraid of this loving guy. He's one stroke, heart attack, moment of dementia away from killing multiple people. Bikers??? Not an eye roll smilie large enough to express how I view their tough guy reps.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

When it comes to the road I'd be most afraid of this loving guy. He's one stroke, heart attack, moment of dementia away from killing multiple people. Bikers??? Not an eye roll smilie large enough to express how I view their tough guy reps.

there's a company we work with that is a tank line for one of our products that is hazmat (flammable)

one of the drivers has had three strokes in the past year and can't talk or really walk anymore but for some reason the cdl people keep passing him.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lol I drive a kenworth T909 pulling B double tippers I'm a bad motherfucker
also im old and have chest pains lately

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I love seeing huge fat guys all decked out in leather on Harley's driving around on a toy that's worth more than the entire sum of my earthly possessions especially when they look all smug and think it's "tough".

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
guys who ride harleys, much like guys who drive oversized trucks or old muscle cars, have tiny cocks and they hope that they can make up for them with BIG THING MAN LIKE!
(most of them are also at least a little gay)

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
My mom and stepdad are "bikers" in a Christian motorcycle club. They mostly just meet up at restaurants on weekends and once in while set up a charity event. You don't want to mess with them.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ProfessorMurder posted:

My mom and stepdad are "bikers" in a Christian motorcycle club. They mostly just meet up at restaurants on weekends and once in while set up a charity event. You don't want to mess with them.

that is probably the most violent biker club you could meet in 2017

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Fat Jesus posted:

also im old and have chest pains lately
:yeah:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Only acceptable answer for this,

click for big.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRHcQlouzAQ

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

people that drive harleys are driving a $25000 toy on the weekends and most gang people have bad credit

something aint adding up

That's because their "gang" is the American Dental Association.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

berth ell pup posted:

guys who ride harleys, much like guys who drive oversized trucks or old muscle cars, have tiny cocks and they hope that they can make up for them with BIG THING MAN LIKE!

Lime Tonics posted:

Only acceptable answer for this,

click for big.

:yeah:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I like muscle cars and have a normal (4.4") wang. Thank you for listening.

I can't stand Harleys or tassels or any of that scowling leather chaps village people stuff, but Buells own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeKRKXfkVT0

:fap:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 18, 2017

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

berth ell pup posted:

there is nothing manly about cosplaying as rob halford .

you shut your goddamn mouth

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Care Bear Stairs posted:

you shut your goddamn mouth

That guy wishes he was 1/10th the man Rob Halford was

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

berth ell pup posted:

These guys need to accept the reality of the situation. I too have a micro dick but drive around a Mazda 3; I got it because it's cheap and reliable.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Corny Cornflake posted:

That's because their "gang" is the American Dental Association.

Sounds pretty scary to me. They aee experts at inflicting pain and forcing people to pay up. And they make bank off of selling drugs tkk

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
What's the GBS hot take on mopeds?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Motorcycles for people that want to feel the air on their vagina.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

These guys need to accept the reality of the situation. I too have a micro dick but drive around a Mazda 3; I got it because it's cheap and reliable.

i have a quite large peen but i drive either my 19 year old Accord or my 27 year old Volvo I have nothing to prove car-wise.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Dreddout posted:

What's the GBS hot take on mopeds?

Good mpg, good for the environment (?), mark down Wocket as for them!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

this me irl:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

this owns bigly

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You got silent majoritied :aaa:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

...and the pitch! posted:

That guy wishes he was 1/10th the man Rob Halford was

Don't do this to me. I can handle losing boring tv and movie celebs but Rob Halford fronts Judas Rocking Priest, goddamnit. IS, not was.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Bikers used to be hardcore back in the 40's and 50's when anyone could buy an Army surplus Harley-Davidson for $60 and mod the hell out of it for super-cheap. Tough dudes who were genuine rebels and didn't fit in anywhere would buy them and get together in gangs and do badass poo poo all of the time. These days a new Harley with all of the dumb chrome and *chop* *chop* *chop* engine and all that other poo poo is ~$50k, so it's the exclusive province of middle-management, middle-aged biker dads. They are significantly less badass.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

hell, :same:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hate harleys "Hehe my retarded bike is noisy by design"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

frogge posted:

Don't do this to me. I can handle losing boring tv and movie celebs but Rob Halford fronts Judas Rocking Priest, goddamnit. IS, not was.

This is great news. I honestly thought he was dead.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

EorayMel posted:

One time I watched a movie in the expensive private catholic school and it showed some tough bikers at a bar scowling a the camera.

Then they turned around and had "bikers for Christ" on the back of their vests and that was the last of them in the movie.

Obviously it was scripted but my teacher never stopped praising it :confused:

this is some actual group

ive been to a church with several people there wearing leather jackets and bandanas along with the regular pleated dockers white folks

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

we still have scary leather & brass knuckles biker dudes in my neighborhood (i live in brooklyn)

they could have been teleported straight out of the 1960s

mostly they just hang around looking tough and making tons of irritating noise but sometimes they'll call you PUSSY and try to get you to fight them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bikers used to be hardcore back in the 40's and 50's when anyone could buy an Army surplus Harley-Davidson for $60 and mod the hell out of it for super-cheap. Tough dudes who were genuine rebels and didn't fit in anywhere would buy them and get together in gangs and do badass poo poo all of the time. These days a new Harley with all of the dumb chrome and *chop* *chop* *chop* engine and all that other poo poo is ~$50k, so it's the exclusive province of middle-management, middle-aged biker dads. They are significantly less badass.

Closest to badass now is to just buy an old crashed R1 or something insane and rip off all the smashed plastic.
Buell was the only cool thing Harley did in 50 years and they canned it.

Hardcore Harley fans / any biker super invested in the badass delusion of it all are super funny to me, because they are just 100% camp. It's like watching the village people. Fast bikes for me are just an adrenalin tap.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 19, 2017

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
biker not so tough since being molested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

berth ell pup posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chopper daddy spotted

• Locked thread