Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Dear thread that is only active on Thursdays,

Am I nuts or did Dom speak in tongues this episode?

Sincerely, Still Looking For Confirmation That 2017 is Real Life
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/opinion/sunday/luhrmann-why-we-talk-in-tongues.html

quote:

The Pew Research Center found that 18 percent of Americans spoke in tongues at least several times a year.
Suddenly, the 32% support for Donald Trump makes a lot more sense.

quote:

the Apostle Paul writes about them in his first letter to the Corinthians. Then, for the most part, tongues died out of Christian practice until Pentecostalism emerged ... most famously at a revival in Los Angeles
Apostle Paul the Tempter, back in LA at last.

On a way, way less creepy note, I pray (in English) that Production has the common sense to give Paul another Secret Service detail, or some acceptable variant, before he gets evicted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
The final four are gonna be Jessica, Raven, Elena and Kevin. Mark (no allies), Paul (obv), Cody (obv), Whistlenut (physical threat), Christmas (social game threat), Alex (smartest player left who people actually like), Josh (for annoying the wrong person at the wrong time) and Matt ("break up the last couple") will all get axed. Jessica or Elena might go sooner if the "cool kids" have trouble winning HoHs.

Kevin could easily win BB19.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Josh and Christmas played great games, are likeable, and both deserve to win against Paul in F2. Josh is humble by nature, and Christmas can be humble when she puts her mind to it--she did some masterful jury massaging at times this season.

Paul, not so much. He deserves to be Hantzed in front of America again.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

mancalamania posted:

he just lacked the self-awareness to finish out the endgame
Yeah, Paul could have done everything the same except done it with a touch more humility and he would have won. His self-centeredness is what killed him. Both Christmas and Josh, in contrast, genuinely took other people's thoughts and feelings into consideration the entire way and didn't behave like they were the center of the universe.

Ok season, dumb twists. Josh will be on the show again, guaranteed. You know a season is mediocre when you only watch the feeds for about 15 minutes total in three months... I blame Jody. And Grodner.

edit: OH. And the bullying. Paul clearly orchestrated it. I know Josh Pots n pansed it, but Paul was really the ringleader of bullying all season, and he got caught.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
To understand Paul's idiotic comments to Jason, you gotta remember, he had just pulled off one of the greatest moves in reality show history.. orchestrating an injured woman winning a sprinting competition. He got high on his own supply and thought his poo poo didn't stink.

Some of it is just core Paul though.. you don't call people your puppets and expect them to respond positively.

• Locked thread