Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Attempting to flip my MSI 1070 that I bought last month for $300. They're going for 500 used on ebay right now lol. Gonna pick up a 1080 TI all the while mining currency!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
My 1080ti came last week, my 1070 is bidding at 400$ (paid 300 40 days ago) on eBay and my office is so hot. I love coins.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I do. Ten cents a kilowatt hour is like 10 dollars per 100 watts a month. Easy. You have to be mining pretty low value to miss that.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Completed selling my 1070 for $435 before eBay fees and shipping, I bought it for 300 flat a little over a month ago. 1080 ti is something I never would have justified anyway. Getting close to 70 dollars coin profit, can too!

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Judging by your attitudes the REAL way to make money on the buttmine craze is to take delivery of overpriced video cards and simply not pay?

Anyway, yes i required a signature, buh duh.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this is meaningless. "Pro" miners probably shouldn't be using nicehash, especially not the "nice" version.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is it a waste of time? I've got this down to a science: when idle my computer makes back the money I spent on the video card.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The season is finally changing. Can I completely eliminate having to heat the room with this electric heater? I think I can! Now it'll be totally free to mine even at lower valued coinage. It's going up anyway tho lol.

Come to actually think about the relative wattages, of course it's enough!

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 19, 2017

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
wtf, I got home, and my miner didn't shut off when I sat down. Turns out Windows defender won't let me use nicehashminerlagacy.exe anymore. Says it is Trojan:win32/Vagger!rfn . My guess would be that some unscrupulous characters are installing nicehash into people's systems and mining coins. Anyone else seen this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Vagger!rfn

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Of course! Now's the time to mine if windows is knocking this poo poo down on people, lol.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Any Trojan that gets me 40 bucks a month is a pretty good one.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

What a success I've been! 3 more months and this makes my 1080ti break even (minus electricity over the summer months).

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

1gnoirents posted:

I really should switch to those, as I just spend the money on Amazon anyway lol. Is that gyft or whatever from the start of the thread?

Edit: They dont support 2fa ... are you serious lol

I use egifter for gift cards and copay for my wallet. I haven't bothered doing any research whatsoever on keeping my wallet safe. I think I knew how it all worked like 7 years ago when I was mining bitcoin on my AMD 6850 (and yes I either lost the wallet or my wallet site was hacked lol). Now though, nicehash puts money into my wallet and I turn 90 percent of it into gift card. I wouldn't be too hard off if nicehash stole my .01 bitcoin or copay took my $8 dollars worth.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah... I think I remember doing it that way for a bit. I know it's possible, but is it as EASY as what I'm doing now? Is there a dick kicking involved?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

1080ti Finally paying up near nicehash's results. Time to turn it into amazon gift cards I guess! $3.75 a day! woop!

Looks like they are charging me a dollar for the transfer? They also said it's a manual procedure and to check my email in 5 minutes. I'll keep ya'll posted.

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 16, 2017

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Took about an hour and a half to get my gift card email. One click add on Amazon, nice.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Who cares? I'm sure something in my house is already part of a botnet, why else would I pay for 50/50 bandwidth?

edit:
I'm now investing in bitcoin. I am not going to take the hit on my 20 dollars in BTC that was 7 bucks a little while ago. Stupid NIcehash "hack". Maybe it'll turn into $100!

LRADIKAL fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 17, 2017

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I wonder if these are going out around the "industry"

quote:

Hello David,

NOTICE: Two Important Changes as of 12/22/2017

As a follow-up to our email earlier today regarding BitPay requiring a $100 Minimum, BitPay has made a second change - please note that effective immediately, the Bitcoin Payment Protocol is required for all transactions. Only Payment Protocol-compatible wallets can be used.

According to BitPay, this change is meant to protect you from over- or under-paying on your transactions, sending your payment to the wrong address, or sending a miner fee that is too small. Using this protocol, payments with such errors will never reach the bitcoin network, and you won’t be charged miner fees for failed transactions.

While eGifter does not endorse any specific wallet, here are some examples of Payment Protocol compatible wallets: BitPay Wallet, Copay, Electrum, Mycelium, Bitcoin Core (Satoshi client), and BitX. For more information on compatible bitcoin wallets, please see BitPay’s Bitcoin Wallet Comparison.

If you are not using one of these wallets, and have had an issue making a bitcoin payment recently, this may be the reason.

As we announced earlier today, BitPay has also raised the minimum payment amount to $100.

For more Information on the minimum bitcoin payment amount, please see BitPay’s article, “Why We’re Updating the Minimum BitPay Payment Amount to $100.”

If you are looking to buy gift cards with a lower value for the holidays, you can buy an eGifter Choice Card™ and use that to buy individual cards at a lower value.

Lastly, due to popular demand, we are planning to add other payment options in the very near future!

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Regards,

The eGifter Team

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
This thread is so toast.

Here's my winminer history after nicehash stole my 40 dollars. I played a lot of PUBG on xmas break.

It's been getting cold at night the last couple days. But the second this room starts getting too warm, this game is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Got an email from @bitcore.io saying I have received "A payment of 0.001102 BTC has been received into your wallet."

From the miner that ripped us off last year? Can't even remember the name, haven't checked my wallet yet. Hmm.

• Locked thread