Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

Iirc the nodes don't actually do much beyond eating a bit of bandwidth to fetch the latest block/transactions and distribute them to other nodes. Verifying a block is valid is trivially easy so they don't use much compute time.

I wouldn't run one because there is no reason to do so if you aren't a true bitcoin believer, and as a result running a node on a residential IP probably put the digital equivalent of a giant "I probably have bitcoins, try to hack me!" sign on your router.

Psssshhh.. You kids and your fancy-schmancy "routers"... Slap that junk directly on the internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread