Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

What's a wallet that doesn't try to get my phone number that I can easily deposit cash monies for bitcoin at an ATM or something? Coinbase is sketching me out with the weird phone number collection thing half all internet apps seem to do these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

To preface, I'm just trying to buy 1000s of dollars in bitcoins so I can retire nicely when they inevitably approach infinity dollars per coin. Naturally, I don't want "big wallet" all up in my business selling my phone number to telemarketers and databrokers

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

After asking around, I hear electrum is pretty decent for bitcoining without linking your literal bank account and phone numbers to every transaction. A lot of the cash>BC ATMs in the city I live in can do a transaction with just a QR code for your public key address so I am going to try to figure out that route and start socking away my bit pennies for retirement!

Marzzle fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 12, 2018

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Lambert posted:

Imagine wanting to buy Bitcoin "so I can retire nicely" half a year after the hype has completely died out. You're better off buying a timeshare.

all my other retirement funds are tied up in Kentucky derby outcome futures

• Locked thread