Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Welcome to recruitment for: The Stars are right!

:siren:Your characters come from somewhere else other than the game world.:siren:

This gives you flexibility on who or what they can be and their history. Are you an elven gunslinger? An orcish surgeon? Cyborg shaman? I will take multiple of the same race and “classes”. Yes two human warriors even if they are interesting enough. Submit the characters you want to play!

CHARACTER CREATION
You don’t have to play as one of the major races in the game. Humanoids are most common. Other standard fantasy races are around, if you have an idea or question please ask! Remember, if you’re 12 foot tall pink centaur sentient golem with wings expect that to be noticed and people to respond to it.

Your character should consist of [+6] in mortal qualities, a single [+2] divine item (with potential domain) and one [+2] Flaw.

Mortal qualities: can be pretty much whatever you want them to be, are you great with a sword, very strong, handsome or pretty, know lots of esoteric lore, etc.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain -: Can be nearly anything, it represents your character's burgeoning divinity. Pick something you think you’ll be able to use, and that will have interesting effects.

Character Flaw: This is some sort of inherent character flaw. These can be driving forces like Love, Pride, Anger, or Greed, or end goals like Peace, Conquest, or Asceticism. When your god acts on a Flaw without regard for the consequences, gain a [+2], [+4] or [+6] bonus to the act at the cost of gaining 1, 2, or 3 Flaw Points (FP).

about : Flaws
When acting directly against another god or to undo or undermine their actions or achievements, you can spend 1FP of theirs to gain a +2 bonus. Your action has to be relevant to one of their Flaws. This is on top of whichever Divine Power you use on your roll. (combinations to not exceed +8).

At certain points, the GM may offer you the choice to fully descend into the ugliest depths of your Flaw and commit a dark and terrible deed, in exchange for your FP being completely erased. [This act will automatically succeed.]

SYSTEM
I’ll be using PDQ for this game. It’s a pretty simple and rules light system. I’ll be doing all of the DC setting and rolling behind the curtain.

APP FORMAT
What I want from you:
A name - I feel like this goes without saying. However, of note please don’t pick a name that is exceptionally long or exceptionally hard to spell. A rule of thumb, if I can’t read your character’s name out loud without a pronunciation dictionary it is not a workable name.

A Picture - Most games have this be optional, but I really want you to include one. They tell me a lot about character and they’ll make it easier to remember who your person is.

Description - Tell me about your character, what do you look like. If your character is monstrous, inhumanly beautiful, or completely alien looking, it will not go unnoticed. How people react will vary, but they will react.

Who are you? - Give me some details, this is a chance to flesh out who your character is and their motivations and history. The more detail you give me, the better I’ll be able to set things up for your character if they get picked.

Mortal Qualities - What’re you good at, what sets you apart? Feel free to spread out your [+6] any way you want. Anything your traditional fantasy hero could do can be used as a mortal quality. Ranging from being a swordmaster, fire-mage, pickpocket, charismatic speaker, politician, general, etc. Magic is kosher as a Mortal Quality, but generally its power-level should be tied into the number of traits it take up. So even if you put Archmage[+2] it’ll still be less mechanically effective than bumbling apprentice[+4]. Your mortal traits can be exceptional, but try and keep them from getting too super-human. Technology/Artifice is allowed BUT like magic it will be hard for people other than you to do it and reproduce anything close to what you do effect and knowledge-wise.
However, don’t try and cheese it and put something overpowered in here. If I see Destroy the World[+2] or something like that I will a) never pick you, and b) yell at you. If in doubt whether a trait should be mortal or divine please ask me and I’ll help you.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain - Your character is in possession of an item that could begin their transformation into godhood. List their first potential domain, a +2 supernatural quality of some sort. The description and or history of the item is flavor for your character. It doesn’t have to be a fantasy item and can even be sci-fi or modern-ish in theme.(but remember it is still divine in nature)
The object grants you an ability that’s something clearly super-human, do you have command over an element, do you control some fundamental concept of the universe? This may seem to have some overlap with magic or other Mortal Qualities, but keep in mind a Potential Divine Domain will always be more potent than a Mortal Quality. If you’ve got the domain of Fire[+2] you’ll be able to suppress the fireball of the most experienced fire-mage[+12], or make it explode in his hand, or some other thing. It can range from an element, to an abstract concept, to something more concrete, but it's a sphere your character will be able to exert tremendous influence over with that object.
As the game progresses and you reach your potential something will happen.
An example of an item:

The Grimoire of Eternal Hatred and Darkness [Necromancy +2] - A book written in humanoid skin and blood passed down for generations of the Von Karltoiz family. It’s dark history only pales in comparison to the rituals contained within. Raising the dead and binding souls into slavery, it passed into his hands after his decadent family enacted a ritual so heinous it erased the minds of everyone present.
Example #1 of Potential Reached: Young Von Karltoiz angry at the world and loss of fortune campaigned against the living and the White Paladin order throughout the game. His armies of the dead were legion, his plagues a scourge upon his enemies, the living merely tools to be bound to his will in death. As he reaches his potential, the GM grants him his first domain. Depending on how he reached his potential and wielded his Divine Item, he might have power of Death [+2], or Necromancy [+2], Decay [+2], or Black Magic [+2].
Example #2 of Potential Reached: Young Von Karltoiz was so repulsed by his ancestral ways he used the book to banish demonic forces, lay to rest the restless dead and became renowned as a ghostbusting faith-healer. He routed the dread forces of the Blackguard Gol and destroyed his ghoulish followers. Hailed as a hero throughout the lands, he carried his heavy burden with him. The dread book always whispering to him of power, bound to his soul. As he reaches his potential the book crumbles to dust and the earth screamed as this dark force passed from existence. The GM grants him his first domain. Depending on how he reached his potential and wielded his Divine Item, he might have power of Death [+2], or Holy [+2], White Magic [+2], or Faith [+2] etc.

Character Flaw - What is your character’s biggest flaw, either personality-wise or physically. Make it something you would be comfortable invoking, and know that I reserve the right to invoke it for you when I feel it's appropriate. Also, this can change over the course of the game as your character changes, so don’t feel stuck with this.

What do you want out of the game?- Give me an idea of what sort of gameplay experience you're looking for. What do you want your character to accomplish, what sort of things do you enjoy?
If you have any questions or need advice on Qualities, Divine Item/Potential First Domains or Flaws, feel free to ask me about them.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via PMs. You can also often find me in #ohgod on synirc. I’m happy to help with questions about the game or your character.
I am looking for 5ish players.

More stuff and how it's handled in this game:
STRIFE BETWEEN GODS

Interference
When you directly oppose another god's action or results of an action, The opposer must beat the roll and equal or beat the original target number to succeed. If they equal or beat the target, but don't beat the result of the original roll, then they get a mixed success – you impede them, but not totally. The scope of this will change as the gods progress in power and ability.

Conflicts
War between the gods is rare and devastating. Attacking another god is an opposed roll unless your target allows it to happen. If they let you attack, or you beat their roll, you can pick one of their Domains to damage. If two fighters draw, each picks a Domain of their opponent's to damage. After your attack, your opponent can retaliate or retreat if they wish, and until then bargain with or threaten you (and likewise). Damaged Domains can't be used, and gods heal one Domain of their choice as time passes(the GM will have stopping points to advance the plot and healing) If all of a god's Domains(there will be more later) are damaged, a further blow will put them on the brink of death.

New Power
When a god dies, others can snatch their power and authority for themselves. Any nearby god can swap one of their Domains for one of the dead god's. (Or if this happens before potential is reached by the players they can swap Divine Objects) Whoever landed the killing blow has the uncontested first choice, if they want to take one.

Challenges
There are other ways to resolve disagreements between gods (and mortals). For example, competing to see who can weave the most beautiful tapestry or fire an arrow the furthest. These are Challenges rather than Conflicts – in and of themselves, they're minor acts that any god could easily do, but the real difficulty is beating your opponents.
When you issue a Challenge, you first set the terms. What will the reward be? Who will give it? How will the Challenge be resolved? All parties must agree to the terms before the Challenge can begin. The Challenge itself is an opposed roll. Whoever wins the roll wins the Challenge – ties are broken by the tied Challengers re-rolling.
While Challenges are typically minor acts, you can wager your life on a Challenge; this is called a Duel (and it can be an actual fight). In a Duel, only the winner(s) survive; all opposing Challengers die instantly. When you choose to Duel, you have to live and die with that choice.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Also there is a discord channel for any questions or to hang out:

https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF

Edit: Deadline for applications will be 7 days from the OP. That is 29 June 2017. America time est.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 26, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:Round one of feedbacks!:siren:

Riley - An Orphan Dream-mancer with a Flute of Resurrection

Description - 12 years old, generally unkempt, and slight even for her age.
Who are you? -
History looks good!

Mortal Qualities -
[+4] Dream Weaver
Dreamtime magic. Mechanically sound.

[+2]Sneaky
East to understand and mechanically sound.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain - Leopold's Flute [Resurrection +2]
Mechanically sound

Character Flaw - Acedia.
Hmm. While this is a good flaw I don't see it coming into play much? Is it more like a laziness thing or will she be asleep half the adventures?

Emilio Ughi

Who are you?
Nice background. Good detail
Description:

Mortal Qualities:
Merchant [+4]:
Easy to understand. Mechanically Sound

Social Chameleon [+2]:
Mechanically sound. Good explaination.

Character Flaw:
Greed:
Mechanically sound.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain - The Ledger of Souls

Deals [+2]:
Just remember at +2, while a divine item it will have its limits in scope and power. Been a while since a wishmaster submission

Patak - The Outcast Warlord

Warlord +6
All in!

War God’s Banner +2
Mechanically sound

Flaw: Domination
Oh breaking this flaw out will be a treat. Hopefully delicacy and reason aren't a shirt or long term goal.

Name: Ksenija Ceranic
Backstory
Gets the job done. Nice

Mortal Qualities
Programmer (+4):
Limited uses but like we talked about if you're ok with it. I'm ok with it.

Streetwise (+2):
Streetwise/streetsmarts. Mechanically sound

Character Flaw
Head Down (-2)
Mechanically sound.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain

Ksenija's Laptop - Murphy's Law (+2)
Hex powers, gotcha. Mechanically sound.

What I'd Like
Honesty is the best policy! Welcome°

Isiah Incipio

Mortal qualities:
Warrior Prince +4:
Mechanically sound

Eyes of Gold (keen sight)+2:
If it's an effect like fear keep it. If it's just a flavor of how he looks you can make this +2 a different useful skill.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain -:

Lich's Bane, The Bone Blade [Necromancy +2]:
Savage. I like it.

Character Flaw:
Steeped in Violence
Mechanically sound.

Nikita

Description -
Who are you?
Good stuff!

Mortal Qualities -
[+2]Indomitable
A good clear description.Mechanically sound.

[+2]Sailor
Mechanically sound.

[+2]Witch
Mechanically sound.

Divine Item / First Potential Domain - Pleiades [Oceans +2]
[I]Mechanically sound.

Character Flaw -
[I]Protective got it.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Hakon

Quality background!

Qualities:
Former Thief[+4]
Mechanically sound.

Practiced Con-man[+2]
Mechanically sound.

The Eye of Davos - (Domination[+2])

Mechanically sound.

Flaw
Gluttony:
Good flaw!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:
Additional feedbacks / GM questions

Name: Arthur Shinryuu
Origin:
Backstory:
Very nice level of detail.

Mortal Qualities
Irregular Magician (+6):
I'm not sure about the flavor of this but mechanically it works. If picked it would be interesting to see in practice.

Character Flaw: - Lazy.
This can be invoked at very inopportune times. If invoked by another character it could be frustrating. But as long as your2e good with it. Mechanically sound.

Divine Item: Draconii Fatum - Bloodline's Broadsword of Draconic Destiny

Dragon transformation. This can work.

Silth

Backstory:
Very unique

Mortal Qualities
Parasitic (+2):
Mechanically sound

The Gleaning (+2):
So the gleaning is keeping skill or memories. Hence a referencing roll will be made if the correct brains were consumed and he wishes to use any past skills. Correct?

Guile (+2):
Mechanically sound.

Character Flaw
Wrath
Mechanically sound

Silth Stone - Storms (+2)
Mechanically sound.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:Feedback/comments:siren:

Name: Abdul the Unbound
Description:.
Who are You?:

Mortal Qualities:
Body of Shaped Stone [+2]
Defense skill. Mechanically sound

Mind of Astute Aide [+2]
Mechanically sound.

Heart of Guileless Gold [+2]
As written this works.

Divine Item/First Potential Domain:
The Crown of Abdul-Sa’Ord - Truth [+2]
Mechanically sound

Character Flaw:
Pacifist
Many have tried and failed with this. But it works.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Feedback incoming.

Also, If anyone makes changes make sure to post in here that you have done so like others have. That way I know to go back and look. Lots of submissions, keep them coming guys!

Name: Doctor Elton Schoenberg
Origin:
Backstory:
Nice level of detail.

Mortal Qualities
Adaptive Scientist +2:
Mechanically sound

Long-lived Explorer +2:
Mechanically sound.

Quick study +2:
For ideas outside of science as well. Mechanically sound.

Character Flaw: - Childlike Mien.
This works.

Divine Item: The Cup of the Fountain

How exactly would this be used? Other than to make hundreds of immortal NPCs for me to keep track of?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Thanks to those who posted their changes / tweaks. It makes it easier to tell. A good round of submissions. A little on the grim side, but I'm sure the protector submissions will show themselves too.

Coming up next will be some GM questions. To gauge continued interest and get further ideas about the players/characters.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:Part 1 of scenarios / questions
More to come! :siren:

Question: You and a band of companions have been through thick and thin. They take you on many adventures. They care for you and you care for them. However the leader of your group sways the others to raid a village of kobolds. It is mainly a village of the elderly, women, and children. You can hear the cry of babes on the wind. You can use your power to change their minds through dreams through force and dominion, but they will know what you have done. Utterly breaking their trust in you and ending years friendship.

Do you go along with it? Or stop it?

Emilio Ughi

Through a series of events and mishaps, you find yourself at the end of the world. Squatting on a broken throne of iron, a grotesque figure awaits. The stars roll by and the weight of moment is upon you. The figure speaks and you understand him easily. "There is no heavens nor hell, only eternity and the laughter of an unthinking universe. I offer you a choice. Sacrifice yourself and heaven will become a reality, the cold dark maw of unmaking and eventual consummation of the beast will be spared future souls. No one will know of your sacrifice nor will they be thankful to ye."

The creature shifts. "Choose. Your own unmaking to save the souls of a universe or everlasting power and eternal life."

Patak - The Outcast Warlord

Patak walks through a frozen wasteland. His footsteps echoing and crunching in the ice and snow. The ice has been killing the world and resources scarce. The thief was close now. The law demanded that they be punished. Theft of food and resources would doom the remnants of the community. Enough was taken that many would starve as rations were already meager. You have tracked the thieves to a cave. As you come upon them a man springs in front of you. The food stores stolen over weeks stockpiled in a corner of the cave. The man shouts over his shoulder to his accomplice, a young woman. "Take the babe and run! I'll buy you time!" Turning to face you he is fearless. "I did it for my family. What you gave was not enough, we are dying while others in the tribe get more who do far less. Please... let us go." His voice trembled with emotion. His wife would not last long in the frozen world without him even if she escaped you.

Patak can kill the man easily with enough time to finish the other thief or he could let them go. Which would be just and Patak's choice?

Name: Ksenija Ceranic
You've been on the run for days, the local lawgivers believe YOU were the one who shot the food cart seller. If they caught you, it would be the pain simulations for you until you confessed. They would get the truth from you, the ThoughtPolice had the tech to know the difference. The session could last a second but in her mind it could last decades. Interrupting that thought, the door to your hovel is kicked open by the jackbooted enforcers. They are not gentle when they take you. The thought police give you a taste of the pain Sims. Just a few weeks worth. "Now" says the interrogator with too perfect teeth. "That was every second stretched out for a week. 5 seconds, five weeks. Just tell us you did it...or give us the one who did. We'll know if you're lying, even though legally we can't take the information from you. Be easy on yourself, tell us. Help us. Help. You.."

You know who did it. It was your girlfriend. You could tell them. Make the pain stop. Or you could let them work on you. It would take a long time for your heart to give out. Thousands of years.[/b]

Isiah Incipio

Happiness. Bliss. You didn't deserve it, but you had it. The magical amulet created this world, your wife and family, a perfect world where every day you were content and happy. King of the world the sun never set upon your empire. But you knew that outside of this realm, the world you came from waited. A world of struggle and violence, unhappiness a weary unending fight. You could leave anytime you wanted the amulet told you. But your friends, descendants, and empire within would die in agony. They were real. As real as anyone outside, the pocket dimension where your twin sons were born and grew into young men. The only thing preventing a never-ending nightmare for the rest of their existence was your presence. You were that which shaped and protected this micro-reality. You conquered it and made it paradise. The sorceress who gave you the amulet sustained your body in the real world. Trapped you. Or truly freed you from everything.
Would you choose heaven and keep your blood safe or choose the struggle and free yourself? Take up old goals and know that the price would be paid by those you loved and loved in return? Choose.

Nikita

Money. Wealth. The bounty of the sea, you found it's treasures and had enough. Enough to buy all of the slaves' freedom. Then she caught your eye. She sang to you, said she loved you. When she was done with you she left you. Broken. Just like your promises to free the others. A lot of them were dead now. Waiting for you. Your money bought the siren an army. You know now she had enspelled you. What she did. Made you feel joy and love even through all of the mistreatment.

You could go after her and get revenge or beg her to take you back. What kind of man will you be in this life Nikita?

Hakon

Destiny. You were chosen by the three sisters of fate. The crone cut your thread and tied it to her sister. "You will be bound to serve others, a life of service and kindness." The other sisters echoed her. "Your reward will not be in this life nor in the next. The wheel will turn and only at the end of its turning will you know reward." Hakon could see a life, many iterations of it playing out before him. Bowing, scraping, helping. All with a guarantee of reward at the end. How did that feel? To never know greatness but know his reward would be eternal? The sisters vanished. Then a golden haired youth appeared. His eyes sad. He held out the shears the crone had used. "You don't have to. But all those people, heroes & kings will die with you not there. You won't be guaranteed anything, not even another turn of the wheel."

You can choose a certain existence with a reward, or an uncertain freedom at the cost of many ruined futures. Which will it be, needs of the many or of you?

Name: Arthur Shinryuu
No one bothered Arthur. He had no responsibilities, he could do what he liked. No pressure or challenges. "You're so great!" His classmates and teachers would admit. His own family long having since given him his due. But this wasn't quite right. And then he remembered the mirror. An underclass student bumped into him. "Arthur!" She hissed. "We have to go. Please we're sorry for trying to trap you in here. It was a prank. The denizens of the mirror are going to realize we don't belong here and Eat US!"
The clique shuffled behind her. They didn't have half the ability Arthur had and couldn't break out. But that would be.. effort. One of the mirror students grabbed one of the clique and bit off her arm. The rest shrank away from her as she screamed, the passing mirror folk not even pausing to stop. "Please." another of the clique begged. "We'll do anything."
Arthur was quite safe. His own wards haphazardly done but more than powerful enough to stay here forever. He was also powerful enough to go. It would be easier if he left by himself though. Choices choices.

Will you leave the clique to their fate or take them with you? Arthur is powerful enough and smart enough to do whatever he chooses. It would serve them right if he left them, but did they deserve to be eaten?

Silth

The host was a mother. Silth made the beds. Hateful creatures. She greeted husband/father as he came back from the fields of colony regina4. Potatoes. The spawn screeched and clutched at husband/father curiously. Love. The organ produced interesting concepts. Silth/Mother made nutrients for the spawn & husband/father before putting the spawn in their cradles to recharge their minds. "...I said, how was your day hun?" Husband/father said curiously. Silth/Mother had been examining her...feelings and not noticed it speak. "Fine dearest." Smile. Silth smiled. The man relaxed.

It continued this way. Mundanely for quite a while. Seasons changed. Then school started. Silth/Mother stood at the doorway as she watched then go. Alone at last. Moisture was leaking from her host. Odd. Silth went about the empty house, doing chores. Silent. Empty. When they returned Silth felt oddly. Not silent. Not empty. Silth/mother smiled. Time passed. Soon Silth/Mother found that her host was dying.

Family gathered around her bed she could leave this host and eat the rest of them now.
Silth could keep hold of the feelings, let the host die and be buried, then be on Silth's way. Father/husband. Spawn. Miss them even. What would Silth do?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Part 2. I think that's everyone! :siren:

Name: Abdul the Unbound
The dogmen charged screaming. Your companions fighting valiantly, guns blazing hot balls of lead into the charge. Many fell, but many more filled the caves. "We can't hold out anymore." Victoria screamed. She was the gentler of the group, spending long hours speaking with Abdul about existence and delighting in his views. She was hurt, and like the others flesh. Turning Abdul could see that he could being down the tunnel and save his companions. But it would bury himself under tons of rock. He may be dooming himself to an eternity of buried immobility. Especially if they did not come back for him.
Does Abdul trust these humans enough to come back for him? Or will he leave them to their fate. The dogmen could not harm him after all.

Name: Doctor Elton Schoenberg
The sister hummed to herself. She took care of all the children. Though mentally Dr. S was no child, he found this society quite cruel to younger people. Often selling them into workhouses or worse. He had killed a few would be flesh peddlers with his latent object of power. But found it exhausted him, which made it worse the next time they found him. He needed rest and this sister protected him and the others. She coughed wetly into a white handkerchief. She was in the final stages of the disease he hypothesized. The sister worked tirelessly. He stayed with the other children but soon the sister could rise from her bed no longer. "I'm sorry." Her tiny voice whispered. "You'll have to take care of yourselves from now on. Be safe little ones. Go with g..." She faded into a coma. The decision was upon Elton. Her damage was extensive, if healed who knew how young she would become. But without her, the children would suffer. It wasn't fair. His position was never fair.
What was he to do? Heal her and possibly return her to a child state? Or let her die and the children fend for themselves?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Feedback/questions/general understandings :siren:

Amerigo Hieronymus

Description:
Who are you?
Good detail.

Mortal Qualities:
[Scholar and Natural Scientist +2]
Could you give an example of this mortal quality's use?

[Full Frontal Liberty+4]
Rallying and revolution? Correct?

Character Flaw:
Pride and stubbornness

Divine Item / First Potential Domain: The Tactica Transoceania [Governance +2]
Nation running. As a reminder: rapid change to the way things work will have ripples. In some cases capsizing the entire ship. But if you're good with riding the storm so am I.
Just know that the general domain which covers more areas that will meet specialized ones like "commerce" or say "war" will have a different difficulty curve.
Mechanically sound.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Ronwayne posted:

I imagined it had a physical fighting component to it as well, Should I change it to "revolutionary" or something similar?
It's good how it is. There is fighting too.

Ronwayne posted:

Meaning I'll have a harder time against specialists in their field of expertise, correct?
Yes.

Everything else is fine.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

I am Communist posted:

Also there is a discord channel for any questions or to hang out:

https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF

Edit: Deadline for applications will be 7 days from the OP. That is 29 June 2017. America time est.

:siren: 12.5 hours left until recruitment closes!

:siren: While posting a character 1 minute before deadline is allowed: Try to post it earlier so feedbacks/changes can happen before picks. If there is no time for tweaks. The character will be more likely not be picked.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Picks have been made! Game post and link will follow.

Time to post picks. To those who made it congrats, to those that didn't you're on tap if I need more players. All apps after feedbacks were good.

I expanded picks to 10 players.

Valhawk - PM as

Hakon, thief and conman. He holds the Eye of Davos an amulet of mindbending power
Mortal Qualities
Former Thief [+4]
Practiced Con-man [+2]
The Eye of Davos - Domination [+2]
Character Flaw
Gluttony [-2]

Caufman - PM as

Mortal Qualities
Dream Weaver [+4]
Sneaky [+2]
Leopold's Flute - Resurrection [+2]
Character Flaw
Acedia [-2]

Theantero - PM as

Emilio Ughi - Dealmaster and Merchant Supreme he comes holding the Ledger of Souls
Mortal Qualities
Merchant [+4]
Social Chameleon [+2]
The Ledger of Souls - Wishmaster [+2]
Character Flaw
Greed [-2]

Ronwayne - PM as

Amerigo Hieronymus, Revolutionary and man of the People. By his side is the Tactica Transoceania the tome of infinite government
Mortal Qualities
Scholar and Natural Scientist [+2]
Full Frontal Liberty [+4]
The Tactica Transoceania - Governance [+2]
Character Flaw
Pride and Stubborness [-2]

Jamezbfod - PM as

Patak - The Outcast Warlord of Justice, carrying the War god's Banner
Mortal Qualities
Warlord [+6]
War God’s Banner - War [+2]
Character Flaw
Justice [-2]

LLSIX - PM as

Isiah Incipio, warrior prince and lycanthrope. At his side is Lich's Bane, a necromantic bone blade.
Mortal Qualities
Warrior Prince [+4]
Werewolf [+2]
Lich's Bane, The Bone Blade [Necromancy [+2]
Character Flaw
Steeped in Violence [-2]

The FireMagi - Profile, No PMs) as

Abdul the Unbound, GolemDad. He wears the Crown of Abdul-Sa’Ord
Mortal Qualities
Body of Shaped Stone [+2]
Mind of Astute Aide [+2]
Heart of Guileless Gold [+2]  
The Crown of Abdul-Sa’Ord - Truth [+2]
Character Flaw
Pacifist [-2]

Rhjamiz - PM as

Silth, vengeful parasite. Silth carries the Silth Stone of Storms
Mortal Qualities
Parasitic [+2]
The Gleaning [+2]
Guile [+2]
Silth Stone - Storms [+2]
Character Flaw
Wrath [-2]

Shardix - PM as

Nikita, burlak and aquatic seafarer. He wears the rings of Pleiades
Mortal Qualities
Indomitable [+2]
Sailor [+2]
Witch [+2]
Pleiades - Oceans [+2]
Character Flaw
Man of the People [-2] (Protective)

The Unlife Aquatic - PM as

Ksenija Ceranic, cyberpunk hacker. She carries Murphy's Law in the form of her trusty laptop
Mortal Qualities
Jury-Rigging Genius [+4]
Streetwise [+2]
Ksenija's Laptop - Murphy's Law [+2]
Character Flaw
Head Down [-2]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Game thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825473

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

This handsome

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
It is coming.

Secret bonus for the player that can tell me what the text that pops up says.

It's 3 seconds long hidden within this video. Fast forward and you might miss it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibCUQCGzmP8

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Hmm working on the update. Delayed. Ideas etc

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok so just a gauge and interest check.

With some players dropping I have about 4 out of 10 of the original cast consistently posting. I understand some US holidays are around the corner (thanksgiving) and some national ones (christmas/New years/etc). Also that real life can take away from elfgames. And we will adjust for that.

But for now I ask just for the people still in to say so if possible either way.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

LLSix posted:

Hey, IAC, can I break the sword physically? Isiah's always had sort of multiple personalities with which name and title I use changing from post to post to reflect the extent of his corruption by the blade. I've got this whole thing planned where one of them tries to smash the blade while the rest are fighting the mental battle, but if the sword is invulnerable to harm, as one might expect a semi-divine artifact to be, I should focus my efforts elsewhere.

Why yes. Yes you can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I know I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. Due to RL circumstances and my laptop & desktop dying like some kind of failure cascade the game is on hiatus.

• Locked thread