Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Fun little touch. All of the terrible gimmicks that people suggest for Ruth before she finds her perfect fit were actual GLOW wrestler gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mister Fister posted:

Episode 7's Rocky Montage gave me goosebumps :D

You can tell in that montage that when Brie takes the cross body off of Carlito that that was her honest response as the first thing she does is signal she's okay to the camera. It's such a cool little honest moment that I think they just kept it in.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I thought that Justine's story was fine. In fact the only reason Sam thought she was hot for him was because Rhonda put the idea in his head. He didn't know what to make of it before then.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

They literally have Jenny, Dawn and Stacey confused as to what's going on and saying they were tricked, and then when Debbie and Ruth are arguing with Sam about the finish, they lay out their whole plan in such a way that it couldn't not be on purpose. (They also do a slightly altered version of their match from the first time if you pay attention.)

This, and also, when he's doing his announcing both before and during the match Bash is reading plot points off of the cards Ruth made for him. He's still reading off of them during their match. The only bit he doesn't have cards for is when it's Sam's addition at the end.

quote:

I do have to wonder if the showrunners realise that if this gets renewed, they not only have write storylines and jokes for another 10-12 episodes, but they also basically have to book a wrestling show that has stuff that can compliment those stories and still mostly make sense.

They have apparently seasons more of content in mind and have idea's about angles and content they want for the show within a show going forward, and intend to blend in those narratives with that of the wrestlers lives and how they influence each other. I think from that last episode Beirut is going to have an interesting second season both in ring and out.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Sam came up with the "Welfare Queen" win on the spur of the moment as a response to the finish of the match, it's explicitly said in the episode, and there's an indication that watching the first taping is the moment when Sam finally gets prowrestling for the first time.

• Locked thread