Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Finished ep7 and this show is pretty great. As a wrestling fan, it's a lot of fun playing Spot The Actual Wrestler too. So far I've spotted John Morrison, Brodus Clay, Christopher Daniels and Joey Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I know she's mentioned in the OP, but, uh, Awesome Kong/Kharma is actually a regular.

Well, yeah, I didn't really consider her a spot, since she's a pretty major character.

I assume Brodus Clay's brother is a wrestler too, but I don't recognize him at all.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Carlito Caribbean Cool.

...that's Carlito? Did he stop eating apples and start eating literally everything else? He looks like 100lbs heavier than I remember him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm on episode 7 now, and I just think this is such a fun, lovely show.

Gotta ask though, with Carmen (Machu Picchu) the guys playing her father and brothers, are they actual current/former wrestlers? Because they all look it.

Not sure about her father, but yeah, her brothers are both current wrestlers, both used to be in WWE, and now they're working for independent promotions.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh that's cool. Are there any other wrestler 'cameos' that we might be missing? My older brother and I were huge on wrestling when we were kids, I'm kind of interested if they've got more current guys peppered in this show that I just don't know of.

Steel Horse is Alex Riley, who was with WWE until recently. Mr Monopoly is Joey Ryan, a big name on the indie scene. The two guys wrestling before Steel Horse and Mr Monopoly are Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian, who were a tag team in TNA a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Alex Riley shows more charisma in his episode than in every thing I have ever see him do.

GLOW is the only universe known to humanity where Alex Riley would be over as a main eventer.

• Locked thread