Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure Macron sees himself more as a XIV kind of Louis, méluche...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Kassad posted:

That bit from yesterday's speech is extra nice. Let's replace concrete welfare programs with meaningless buzzwords, this will solve everything.

RSA cancelled, Pôle emploi now distributing free bootstraps !

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

I still can't believe this stuff is back on the table... It's going to cost a few billions, spread limited ressources even thinner and none of the concerned administrations want it (especially not the army). As if having teenagers dick around for a few months post bac is going to turn them into model citizens, whatever that means...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Well at least that should motivate some modernization and maintenance works on the RATP and SNCF networks, to avoid a repeat of last week-end's clusterfuck...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Tweet deleted, was it the "if it hinders terrorism, it cannot be a restriction of personal freedom" bit ? That one was good too...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Don't puke just yet, the bill hasn't reached the decidedly-getting-more-and-more-right-wing Senate yet.
I have no doubt that it's going to get worse.

Actually (and uh... surprisingly ?) the Senate did tone down a few things during the first reading of the bill.
http://www.lemonde.fr/police-justic...14_1653578.html

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

julian assflange posted:

North of France

You surely mean "top of France" !

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

"C'est clair on va pas en faire des caisses pour 5euros cm"

J'avais évidemment entendu dire à quel point c'était le bordel à Paris dès qu'il y a un cm de neige qui accroche sur les routes, mais putain, 3H pour faire les 8 derniers km hier soir, ça ma troué le fion.
Belle collection de Darwin awards automobilistiques, je dois être le seul connard avec des pneus neige dans le 92...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
Eh, he also went to CFCM and CRIJF shindings, surprisingly (?) religions are still a political force in 2018 France. Also yes, sweet sweet right vote captation...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Yeah but he shouldn’t be going there either. Likewise I don’t get why there are parliamentary auditions of religious groups during the preparatory work surrounding bills like the loi de bioéthique or the marriage equality bill.

Fair enough, especially the last point.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
So long, génie des alpages !

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

rgocs posted:

This works because water cannons and gas are highly precise, only those actively doing 'bad things' will be targeted, and in no way will anyone standing nearby, legally protesting, will be contaminated. Water and gas know if you're naughty or nice.

No way poo poo like this can get blindly approved, can it? Can it?!

I wouldn't get worked up too much about the "teargas and water cannon" stuff, that's not even a direct quote and even the CRSest of CRS to ever bash a comrade is eventually going to figure out that this is worse than useless if half of Paris lights up after a protest.
Now, militarized super soakers, here is a disruptive idea for the french tech !

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Hopefully not, those are old (dry) wooden beams, the rest is made of stone...

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Slashrat posted:

There's a lot of wood in the interior, plus a lot of priceless art stored inside. The stone framework might be standing at the end, but it'll have incinerated everything else in furnace-like conditions inside. The loss will be incomprehensible.

Yeah sure, what I meant is the stone vault might confine the fire to the roofing... But then I am not a civil engineer ! :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Kobal2 posted:

[...]so his wife was "mayor" for one term until he was eligible again.

And now she gets to play mayor again, while her own jail and inegibility sentence is beeing confirmed :allears: