Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for forums user JC A Bomb! to post itt for maximum meta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tRYj-Y6qI
(pretty good payoff at the end of the vid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

nah it's just not a very good game. it has charm, yeah but it's mediocre to bad in every aspect.

it's both a bad shooter and has badly implemented skill based combat.

nah

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like the part where neo dodges the bullets

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Breakfast Feud posted:

The game is actually still playable because of its weirdo mechanics.

Yeah I just played through Deus Ex and Human Revolution recently and was surprised how well Deus Ex still plays.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think for new players it's hard to find all the hidden spots in levels that give you augs and exp.

Last time I played I used a guide to find the augs because it's easy to miss some of them and they are crucial.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsytldc6Nk

this video is 10 years old

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juMRdaHDxKw

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Oriental Hugs posted:

Why aren't there more dumb fps rpg games.

I haven't played Prey but the only game that even kind of feels close to Deus Ex is E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

I kept getting confused playing e.y.e, I think I"m too stupid to play it, also there is a lot of walking around. brouzouf is a really good word tho

I would say that's a pretty normal reaction E.Y.E, I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it, the makers of the game were insane and a lot of the stuff in it is nonsensical.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
deuce sex

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dead Space was one of the shittiest games I ever played. I got so sick of slowly clunking slowly through the spaceship that I quit half-way through, all I remember about the game now is how much time was spent clumsily stomping through empty hallways.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
All the image links are broken but this thread is filled with hilarious references to JC Denton being fat:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2790337&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post340599428

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

*X-Files theme starts playing*

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

deus ex being speedrun by a german. good.

E: I wanted oh-renj

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Can I get this embeded and play every time I hit the post button?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

In the visionary future of Deus Ex keyrings have been replaced with a single all-purpose nanomachine key but newspapers are still a thing lol

lol, its like a weekly world news issue

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't remember fighting a bear-sized lizard in deus ex, did I miss that every playthrough?

I remember the tiny raptor guys that jumped around and were annoying as gently caress though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Karkians were the big ones, you find them in the same areas as the greasels (little acid-spitting raptor dudes). They'll kill you in one hit but they're so big and slow you'll never really have trouble with them.

I've played through the game a million times but somehow have forgotten about these creatures, I guess they're not very challenging.

Now the Greys that are made from apes are unforgettable.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.amazon.com/WebDeals-Futuristic-Monoblock-Cyclops-Sunglasses/dp/B01E4B8G92/

my vision's augmented.

What? Your drug dealer doesn't look like that?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Is Mankind Divided in a playable state yet? The Steam ratings do not inspire much hope: HR has 91% and MD has 65%:

If they ever finish the game through DLC or an expansion it might be worth buying.

As it is now I consider it unfinished.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary posted:

guy: the old mario games had incredible story
musk: yeah

[fade out]

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Realistic difficulty has always been the fairest and easiest.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone posted:

a sign that you're playing a good game is you try something assuming nothing will happen but then it does exactly what you hoped for

the last time I ever felt this was when Red Faction Guerilla was released.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's a testament to the PS2 that Deus Ex was only ported to that console.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, PS2 got the good deus ex and none of the other garbage deus ex games, every other system got garbage except the ps2's sloppy seconds

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gazpacho posted:

naturally you dorks are gonna say this is my fault

I wasn't going to judge you but then you revealed you couldn't get past Walter Simons and I realized you're just bad at videogames.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jojoinnit posted:

I could have sworn it was Walton Simons not Walter

oops lol, looks like I need to play deus ex again

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Alright you fuckers, I'm going to get Prey because it sounds real good.

I tried playing alpha Protocol again but I always forget how atrocious the PC port is.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

I was going to do this as well but apparently there's some agreement where Redbox won't carry the PS4 version and I ain't buying it just to play it through once and forget about it like I do with all my FPS games.

PC master race BITCH

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DrPossum posted:

ok so im 36, I dig on stealth games, something that captures the good parts of what Thief had is something I yearn for, so I guess deus ex should have been something I played, but it's not

I've tried a few times and just never got too much past the the first couple levels (though everyone says liberty island is not representative) and just never got immersed or caught by it

I really loved HR for the first time last year and said fukc you to Square for loving everything that's good up and skipped mankind

should I really push through the original or is it a "you just weren't THERE man" thing and go play Prey? I'd not push someone to play Thief these days by a loving mile

or do I go to therapy and outside because im making serious videogame posts

I honestly and wholeheartedly believe deus ex holds up today but there's no way I'm unbiased because I played it when it was relatively new. I think a lot of ppl in the thread are probably the same.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I remember buying alpha protocol on PC when it was released, once I got to the title screen I already knew something was off because the main title music sounded broken and hosed up, like a music track skipping on a CD. After a few minutes of research I realized that's actually what the music is supposed to sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwAOQPlIiX0

It sounds like deadmau5 and Skrillex loving each other's brains out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CassandraZara posted:

Whoa how the gently caress is that bird just floating there? Zyme? The illuminati?

There is no bird, you short-sighted fool. Consumer CC Cameras are controlled by AVIAN, a division of BigBird Co. meant to misdirect the public into believing Late-Cretaceous dinosaurs went extinct instead of evolving into the elite illuminati-class that rules over our governments since 1947.

or the camera's frame-rate was low enough to only catch the bird's downward wing flaps, making it appear to hover.

• Locked thread