Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Oriental Hugs posted:

What should I do with duplicate heroes?

Let's us Wakka as our example of a trash unit so we look first at his TM, it's not bad. We might want that some day. So we sit on him unitl we have 5 total copies and then we grind all 5 at the same time and getthe TMR much faster.

Next let's look at Shadow; terrible TMR. If you want at all, then just toss every shadow your get into him and maybe someday he'll reach the 21 Club./

Cecil, you're bread and butter should always be on the TM team until you get 2 Excaliburs, after that he he wait for 5 clones to come help him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

usually! not this time tho, which really sucks for me because i very rarely wait until the last day but i wanted to decide between awakening materials and some power crysts this time but they didn't reveal anything until they also took away mog king turn ins, so rip.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
I got Reberta as my free pull today! The second time I have received a random rainbow crystal after playing for about 100 days.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

RustySporkinmyI posted:

I got Reberta as my free pull today! The second time I have received a random rainbow crystal after playing for about 100 days.

She's probably going to be useful for the event that's starting tomorrow. The last boss is a dragon.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

She's probably going to be useful for the event that's starting tomorrow. The last boss is a dragon.

heh heh heh heh heh
:getin:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

might be a good use of moogles to instantly 100% something as her tm spear has dragon killer as well. (depends on how hard the boss hits )

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have 20 of her moogles from the Bahamut event on the off chance I get a second one.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Tengames posted:

might be a good use of moogles to instantly 100% something as her tm spear has dragon killer as well. (depends on how hard the boss hits )

It's also one of the two best spears in the game in terms of raw damage. Would love to get one for Fohlen.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Echophonic posted:

I have 20 of her moogles from the Bahamut event on the off chance I get a second one.

I got rid of those and kept Fry's. Guess which of those 2 I pulled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

If I pull a 5* today, I want to make sure I get the mats I need to level him. Otherwise, purecrysts.

Oh, good thinking.

I guess I need to put up my Reberta tomorrow?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Awww, servers are busy so my capped resources can't be used.
Maintenance always starting when I get to work should ve a good thing but it's really inconvenient to do everything right after waking up.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I... think I finally caught up on all the content. I have all the lapis quests, including the vortex bosses, all story quests, all espers, all story missions, all vault keys, and sitting comfortably under the 30,000 mark for the King Mog raid.

Now I have no excuse not to TM farm, except the next event is another grindfest.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

More raids for the raid god!!!

And then we get croissant Lid.

https://i.imgur.com/4VEWg7x.gifv

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cartoon Man posted:

More raids for the raid god!!!

And then we get croissant Lid.

https://i.imgur.com/4VEWg7x.gifv

Apparently the cactuar just spams single target charm and AOE 1k damage? Seems like it's just a gimmie raid for free prizes.

That Lid though is amazing looking, maxes at 5* though. I can't help but feel like someone on the art team loves Lid's animations which is why she gets so many variants.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That lid is hilarious, when are we getting one thats actually 6* though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't care, I need all the Lids.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This game creates some hilarious sarcastic posts. This one I saw on FB.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can now 100 pull on the mog coin banner. Its still utter poo poo spending like 500k coins and getting like 3 metal kings total from them

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
This is a couple pages back but someone was looking for Aileen friends. Mine has 840 atk and Artisan. I'm too lazy to screenshot the thing but goons can add me: 161 078 510, put something goony in your message.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

PaybackJack posted:

Same but replace wakka with type-0.

I've actually gone three straight days without a type-0 draw *knocks on wood*

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Armitage posted:

Same but replace wakka with type-0.

I've actually gone three straight days without a type-0 draw *knocks on wood*

I swear they keep adding new ones without telling anyone. It feels like they're reproducing.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
ever since i levelled my first gau as a joke unit i keep pulling more copies

it's like the game knows who you indicate you're interested in levelling/tm farming :v:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can now 100 pull on the mog coin banner. Its still utter poo poo spending like 500k coins and getting like 3 metal kings total from them

There a 10,000 pull and a 100 pull.

Did it break again where the bigger pull does 100?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When I mean an 100 pull I mean like 100 pulls in one click, so it uses 10,000 coins.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
instead of my unit slots being flooded with king metal minitaurs like prior raids its full of minitaurs/cactaurs now :mad:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Holy poo poo, this. I think I may have gotten a Cyan once, though.

Also, anyone pull their second Kelsus yet? I'm back up to like 290+ shards or whatever (like many of you, already have my first one 6*'d). Or does anyone actually still have hope that the Sharts of Kelsus will magically transform into generic vision shards or something?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

I did, just got enough shards to awaken the 2nd one today.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I only just got my first Wakka from the free daily today so now I can believe it is on banner :v:

(also updated the dodge post, Zargaablaag and 6* Vaan both get dodge traits, 20% p&m for Big Z, just 15% p for Vaan. Zwill Crossblade might give evade but until it's confirmed I won't add it to the dodge post)

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Units: 651/235

Thanks King Mog.

New minigame: how quickly and accurately can you click on all the gil snappers to sell?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
^^ Seriously, have some of my Wakkas

I just started about a week ago. Can anyone give advice on team building for getting through the storyline and beyond? What's the best team I can make out of this?

I've been using Rain/Laswell/Olive/Dark Cecil/Refia

Hairy Right Hook fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 6, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Olive
Refia
Zyrus
Cloud of Darkness
Mercedes

are your most consistent.

You have done decent future TMs. Ludmille should be first for Refia. Locke is OK and Kefka has uses.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
DKC, Olive, Refia, Zyrus, Mercedes, Garland, CoD, and Cerius are your best characters (Cerius only for elemental resistance fights).

Unfortunately you have basically all finishers, and no chainers.. Olive, Mercedes, and Garland are currently very good chain cappers, and DKC when he gets his enhancements will also be top of the heap, but you can't cap a chain that doesnt exist...

For now I'd say your team could be Olive, DKC, Mercedes, Zyrus, and Refia? That should be more than enough to get you through the story. Endgame content I would sub out DKC and Zyrus for CoD and Garland, until DKC gets his enhancements. You really do need a reliable chainer. Chizuru and Setzer are probably the first you'll come across so be on the lookout for them. Also TM that Ludmille ASAP so Refia can have Dualcast

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Thanks, I'm saving lapis for a big 11 pull to try and get a 4* chainer. Is Rikku a good chainer or should I just pull on the standard summon?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

That is glorious. Wakka is the first unit I've TMR'ed from pulling + fusing. Spent hella tickets chasing Tidus, ended up with ~25ish Wakkas and 6 Rikkus.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Don't forget Rain! His 6* has a full break (Undermine) which is -30% to all enemy stats and great to have until you can get better breakers like Warrior of Light. Plus he levels up super fast and he also has a party all stat buff in Leadership but it chews through his MP.

I'd suggest Olive -> Refia -> Rain as a place to start leveling / awakening. Olive can wreck poo poo fast, Refia can ATK&DEF buff and curaja and full raise, Rain can break. After those three focus on others like Dark Knight Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, Zyrus, or Mercedes. Olive's trust mastery is a really good gun for her too, that or dual cast should eat all your trust moogles for now.

e:

Jawdins posted:

Thanks, I'm saving lapis for a big 11 pull to try and get a 4* chainer. Is Rikku a good chainer or should I just pull on the standard summon?

Rikku is a support character. She can give a buff that reduces damage received by 20% and give +40% to all elemental resistance, inflict AoE status effects (good for arena), or fixed 19998 damage which is great early on. She can also AoE full raise your party which even Refia can't do and her limit break gives auto-raise on your party.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 6, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Jawdins posted:

Rikku IS a good chainer, on top of everything else. You should definitely try your hardest to get her while her banner is up. She is a meta defining unit and you want her

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Only 2% until my 2nd dual wield finishes. I'm still iffy on Tidus but with his LB's -100% water resist debuff he does terrible, terrible things to enemies.

Jawdins posted:

You want Rikku. She can work as a chain unit but she's absolutely amazing as a support.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Remember that Vaan is now a 6* budget chained who will be on banner as of tomorrow.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Who else pulled Tidus? I need some Tidus buddies 535 139 589

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ghostnuke posted:

I did, just got enough shards to awaken the 2nd one today.

I feel like I'm missing something, how did you get 720 shards already? I'm only at 626 and I don't think I missed a day.

• Locked thread