Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm already there! Did a 500 Lapis pull just now cause the OP told me not to. :getin:

I got a swimsuit Lid...

Lid's purty. Congratz.

Hey Payback, that is one oldhome screen picture you got up in that OP.

I'd just like to say for newer players, take advantage of this excellent reroll opportunity during the Anniversary. It will make things easier, and eventually you will be powerful regardless, but why not have a great start, bourne upon the backs of your fellow Goons carrying you?

I am more optimistic than the average Goon, mind you.

hamsystem posted:

I just want a Rikku, anything beyond that is gravy.

This is a good attitude to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, you all know the game is still down because everyone feels they have to reroll, right?

I wonder how they came to that conclusion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got Rikku and Reberta, so I'm fairly happy. (Reberta chains perfectly with Fohlen.)

Wakka's TMR is not too shabby.

Still no sign of Xon or Ludmille, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

I kind of regret not rerolling when I started the game, but I didn't really know about rerolling until I had played for a couple months and didn't want to reroll at that point. It didn't help that I don't think the OP for this thread really emphasizes that these days you have to have at least one of the newest top hotness, if not more than one, to do anything. I was lucky enough to pull Noctis during a players choice banner, and then later pulled Aileen on a daily pull. I've generally had really good luck with 4* pulls though, 3 setzers, Tilith, Zyrus, 3 rikkus, WoL.

I should have rerolled during the TGCid banner despite having Noctis, but I didn't realize how important it would be at the time.

It's actually explicitly clear about the need* to reroll.

*Which isn't actually a need, unless your OCD is triggered by not being able to do everything immediately.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoo posted:

They have identical stats and virtually the same kit except for the type of damage their level 100 spell does. Bikini Fina's TMR is probably a little better - BIS MAG robe with refresh vs essentially 30% MAG.

Double distress in the arena should let you carve up teams pretty quick.

So should two magic users doublecastin Ultima.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The new Moogle unit isn't terrible. All elements covered, all the good healer spells except Raise.

Nice red mage. Don't need Raise if you've got Rikku.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Wow, hearing about everyone's pulls just makes me want to jump off a cliff. I didn't even level Queen because I'm so disappointed in her. (Also because I ran out of cactuars leveling Rikku and WoL)

e: vvvvv while true, I am missing DAMAGE, and this is severely impairing me. no chainers, my best damage units are Lightning for physical, T.Terra for magical, and no one puts up T.Terras so I can't chain with her.

Would you like me to put my Trance Terra up? I have a little over 800 MAG.

Voodoo posted:

RIP Black Magic or Dual Cast ban that seems to happen every other week. :(

If you can't Ultima, you Dystopia or Distress or Utopia or Chaos Wave. That's what makes the Dark Finas and Trance Terras so versatile.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, I'm gonna keep Trance Terra up as my shared unit for a while, I guess.

This influx of new units from all the pulls and awakenings (WoL, Garland, Reberta, Rikku) is making me reconsider my team composition. Input is appreciated.

My Arena/Magic team is;

Trance Terra (Dualcast Ultima)
Dark Fina (Dualcast Ultima)
Rem (Siphon Delta)
Ling (Dance of Death/Life and breaks)
Fohlen (Vortex and tanking)

Most of my Arena battles are over in one turn, two if there is someone particularly tanky on the other team.

My Physical/Event team is:

Orlandeu (941 ATK)
Fohlen (Tanking)
WoL (replaced Ling just now, will see how this goes)
Minfilia (or Marie, depending on situation)
Tillith (guess what for)

Currently unused units I could swap in:

Awakened Ace
Reberta
Rikku
Randi
Firion (needs more TMRs though)
Mercedes
Chizuru I guess.
Lighting (lol)
Kelsus
(Other units)

Reberta and Fohlen share chaining frames, so they will be great once I figure out exactly how to do them with the training dummy. Can Orlandeu cap? Would Kelsus be good at capping in a party with Rikku? Should I remove Fohlen for Ace? Fohlen's enough of an Arena tank annoyance as it is, I think, his job is to get in the way while the casters cast.

Maybe get rid of the green mages for Reberta and try to overwhelm with Fohlen chains? I dunno, Orlandeu is pretty good for chains with all the other friend unit Orlandeus also, I don't want to bench him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ratzap posted:

I hit that 10+1 one time summon and got these:

Fohlen and Xon are the two 6 star capable, Garnet is new to me too. Any of them good or did I get stiffed (notice Fran snuck in there yet again)? I remember people in the thread talking about Xon, prioritize him?

Fohlen chains perfectly with Reberta as well as with dupes of himself.

He's also got 30% physical Evade, and has a 20% chance of Wind debuff upon being hit. His Sonic Blast (the chaining move, 2x Wind damage with 50% ignore DEF) provides 3 guaranteed Evades of physical attacks (if you dual wield with him you get 6!) in addition to the one free Evade he starts each combat with. You may want to use his Vortex move before to debuff even more (maybe use one of Reberta's charge up moves if you're gonna chain with her instead of another Fohlen.)

Fohlen is A Great Character.

AegisP posted:

Tidus also needs to be added to that list with 30% natural evade.

And Fohlen! 30% physical Evade, there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got a guaranteed 4* ticket from raid rewards. Already have Rikku. Maaaaaybe I could get a a Tidus, but probably not.

What's the next banner looking like?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I'm just going with Overdrive & Rikku's TMR's +200% buff. That's +300% which means she should need 4 total crystals to fill the bar.

Edit: I guess it's technically +400% with her passive 100% bonus fill rate, but crystals don't round so it's still 4 and not 3.

You know, if you give her Dual Wield, Equip Spear, and two Moogle Spears, you only need two crystals...

And if you add Mog Rise from getting 21 Moogles...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Am I safe to dump all those Cactuars I just got as a login bonus into Orlandeau and Aileen?

Only if you want to crush your enemies and see them driven before you, to the soundtrack of the lamentation of their women.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Setzer off my daily pull. Is he worth training up if I already have a Rikku?

Setzer can deal more damage, sometimes, with his Double Dice skill (it's random) while Rikku deals constant fixed damage. Rikku has way more utility than Setzer.

Nuebot posted:

I got cactuar that dropped a set of guard awakening materials this time.

Same.

BGrifter posted:

Just pulled a Rikku off one of the rare tickets from the storyline! :woop:

So I'm guessing Rain/Orlandeau/Aileen/Rikku/Beach Time Fina now? Should I keep pulling on the Tidus machine or start saving my rare tickets now for a future machine with a different desirable 4*?

I would save them for now. You've got an extremely good setup for a new player, you can spend those tickets later and get some good and new-to-you units while you chase a new hotness.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fullTimeLurker posted:

for my 5* 11pull I ended up with a Rem. I assume she's 100% worthless except for maybe the arena?

Best red mage in the game, has Auto-Raise to boot.

But you missed her "gently caress you and die" materia that locks down enemy teams in Arena, yes.

rabidsquid posted:

rem is actually one of the strongest single target damage dealers in the game, dagger boomerang is absurdly good

This. Yeah, beaten badly, don't care. I gots ta speak up for all the "suboptimals."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Save all those wakas for the ffx fish event later.

What now?

Anyway, did anyone hear David Draiman say "Ooh Wa kka kka kaa!" Or " OOH WAKKA WAKKA!" the first time they drew Wakka?

Like, the just on the first Wakka. Not the subsequent ones.

I hear it every time.

OOH OOH!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Can you... feel that?

Oh, poo poo.

OOH WAKKA WAKKA
OOH WAKKA WAKKA

OOH OOH

OOH OOH

OOH OOH

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Gacha your servant I kneel
(Will you give Lapis to me?)
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me
(Will you give Lapis to me?)
Tapping on my crystal
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)
There is no turning back now
You've woken up the gacha in me

Get up, come on get down with the gacha
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up, come on get down with the gacha
You fucker get up, come on get down with the gacha
BEDILE IS THE GIFT, THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME

etc.

Skyridge posted:

Been catching up on Chamber of the Fallen. I've managed to blunder my way into my 100% evade Noctis solo against Typhon. Now just to point warp for the next 2 hours until he's dead.

That mIght not work once they start double teaming you with magic attacks and Hailstones. I couldn't do it with Dana's Noctis, I had to resort to Dual Wielding Setzer Double Dice spam.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fullTimeLurker posted:

yea i bought the materia because goons were going off on how broken it is. I just have Refia w/dual cast, Y'shtolla already, so I'm not sure where I'll use Rem.

But people were saying I can build her as dmg? Maybe I'll try that and replace my Chizuru with her.

Her Dagger Boomerang Global ability uses MAG for damage, but is a physical attack, so you get two when you dual wield.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

I have a Mog Wisdom on Rikku. Should anyone else get one?

Randi or Kelsus.

Or anyone with a defensive LB you want up constantly, like Cecil, or to be able to throw up whenever you need like Y'shtola.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Will someone ever want more than one Dark Knight's Soul ? I have three Leon right now, so grinding them all at the same time would really cut down on time if I were to combine them.

It doesn't stack, but you might get more than one unit that would benefit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This Moogle event isn't terrible. especially for newer players. Here's why.

Mog Song can let a unit perform mana battery duty in a pinch. It's very limited, however. For a newer player, not terrible.

Mog Step can provide emergency/downtime heals heals from non-healer units. Not terrible for newer players.

Mog Search is just a free Libra. Can craft multiples. At the very least can bulk up your crafting achievements.

Moogle Cape grants+5% HP and Magic Evade 10%, is stackable, and can be crafted multiple times.

Moogle Crown protects against Petrify, and can be crafted multiple times.

Moogle Spear has +82 ATK, +1 LB crystal per turn, and can be crafted multiple times. It has the highest non-TMR ATK for a spear, which it shares with Holy Lance from the Fat Chocobo, and is easily obtained from the Moogle gacha materials.

(Moogle Crown, Spear, and Cape provide some additional stat boost effects to the Moogle unit, nothing too crazy though. They have their uses on regular units.)

Mog Rise is +20% HP and +10% MP, and it's too bad you can only craft it once, as it requires a White Slate, which you only get one of as event rewards.

There are 20% worth of Moogles available for fusing, as well as all those pots.

The Moogle unit comes up pretty frequently in the raid gacha, and isn't terrible either. It's 6* capable, can cover all elements, and has all the healing spells you want except for Raise. It's a decent Red Mage, basically, and you should keep a couple for if you want to do elemental stuff.

The best part for the Moogle Unit is it's TMR, Mog Wisdom, which you WILL get a couple of if you do the raid and use the gacha. Mog Wisdom raises a unit's LB full rate by 50%, and is not stackable. It's great for units like Rikku, Cecil, and Kelsus who you want to be LB-ed up at all times.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 5, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

I know the dates were listed, but I wish Gumi would pick a day for MK turn-in. Either make it to maintenance or not.

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

If I pull a 5* today, I want to make sure I get the mats I need to level him. Otherwise, purecrysts.

Oh, good thinking.

I guess I need to put up my Reberta tomorrow?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don't care, I need all the Lids.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Is ELT the only way to get more Red Butterfly Powder? I need, like, 4 more for Raz, but I don't want to slog through Spheremorph again...

I remember being able to do it on PRO.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
At farplane lost quartz post mote later

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What about Garland with Equip Spear and an additional Doublehand? Fang would become way more attractive as a unit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Black Magic is banned in the Arena this week.

Trance Terra uses Chaos Wave.
Dark Fina uses Dystopia.
Ling uses Dance of Death.
Rem uses Siphon Delta.
Fohlen... uses Vortex?

#winning

Serious question: Is Reberta more valuable to people than Van as a friend unit? I haven't drawn anyone else with a bonus.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I've started FFBE again, after not playing for almost a year? or so.

I have two Rebertas, a Kestus?, and an Emperor 5*. None of these Memelandeus bullshit.

Who should I work on getting to 5* first from here? Every single one of my pulls have been frustratingly bad (compared to getting someone like Orlandeu). I'm still working on trying to get Fina? which I still don't have from the main quest.

By the by, is there any summary of the main quest I can look at? I don't know what is going on with this quest at all.

Reberta can chain with herself and Fohlen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

Fohlen #3 ~ I love this guy but I really need to find some spears now

If you're doing the Moogle raid, you can craft a buttload of +82 ATK Moogle Spears which give you a limit crystal per turn.

(As well as anti-petrification, limit raise, and MAG dodge gear, too.)

None of the Moogle Raid stuff is exclusive to the Moogle unit, they just give him a little extra power...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Those are of limited use though, as they are two handed so if you have dual wield you won't want them

I think you have confused the Moogle Spear with the Zodiac Spear, which is for sure a two-hander.

The Moogle Spear may be dual wielded if your character can dual wield.

The Moogle Spear is tied for best non-TMR spear with the Holy Lance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 9, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What's the max chain for Fohlen/Fohlen, Reberta/Fohlen, and Reberta/Reberta? I want to know if I'm doing it right.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Big advantage of a unit like Ayaka or White Lotus Fina is their flexibility. They can do a single rez while heal bombing the party. If someone dies without a self rez on and all you have is a tilith that means someone has to burn a phoenix down to bring them back up while tilith full heals the party or she has to burn a party wide rez if no one is hurt and you dont want to waste a turn on someone else. They also have status effect immunity and higher health totals than tilith.

Ayaka, given the current meta, is actually better than White Lotus Fina, because that reraise spell she has lets her spot self rez an important character like WoL/Mistair/Basch who can be flatten by doing their guards (Specially Mistair since at least one trial has her eat ultimas to avoid a party wipe" while still pumping lots of healing with curada.

Bards and Rikku usually compete against each other in most teams. Usually, when you a bring a bard into your party, you aren't planning on having team wipes. The extra stats you get from their songs usually means you can survive some nasty poo poo that Rikku helps prevent with her aoe reraise. A bard is a better character to bring if you dont have a good buffer in your party and already have a reraiser.

Where does Rem fit in here in your opinion?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Midlife Crisis Jake is mad that his hair is no longer luscious and cool.

He mad.

Anyway, I just lost twice in the last two days in the Arena, I noticed that an enemy Rikku was the culprit both times.

Time to replace Reberta with Rikku. :getin:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

What's she doing that's the problem? With status effects back, I switched out Rikku for Ling.

The enemy AI really likes to use Hyper Mighty Guard, maybe because I've left them no other choice but to use limit bursts and regular attacks with Rem's Siphon Delta.

It's hard to kill people if they keep rezzing.

Echophonic posted:

Pulled two more Ashes, so I guess I have a pretty decent Mote farming team. The one I leveled to 100 chains gorgeously with Reberta, makes life really easy.

Which skills were those, again?

UHD posted:

While I understand why you might want to reroll for rares, I think I will stick with what I have. Rerolling in this game appears to be a special brand of soul-crushing hell and I'd rather just play.

I like you. Cut of your jib, etc. You'll be fine. You might not be able to steamroll everything for a while, but you'll be fine.

If you run into trouble, the wiki has some good strategies using the more common units.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

Bushido Freedom?

Yes, I've put it on Ling and this will probably fox things. Thank you and the other posters suggesting this.

Friendly Lurker posted:

I use Dystopia every turn, should I be utilizing her magic too, or is it just because I'm in the noob ranks still? By turn 5 usually everyone is stoned or dead.

Dystopia is a good skill when black magic is banned.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Well, I got a Trance Terra out of all those tickets. I know I should be grateful I got a base 5* at all, but I still feel kinda ripped off.

Trance Terra is the best magic user, and shreds enemies.

ComposerGuy posted:

Thanks for this!

Also I just learned a lesson: stay the gently caress out of Arena because holy loving poo poo.

Tengames posted:

Do arena anyway, even losing 5 times in a row will net you 40 lapis and a star quartz daily. Just scroll to the bottom of the opponent list and pick whomever has the lowest rank level.

Yes, do the Arena every day for the Lapis and quartz until you can start winning consistently, then keep doing it for more than just the Lapis and quartz.

So with the Fan Festa stuff, I got a Grace and a Rosa, and assorted 3*s. I would like a Xon at some point, I guess.

A good thing about the 5% and 1% trust moogles is that you can top off the units on your grind team to get them closer to 99.whatever%. It sure feels more useful than letting them pile up and take space away from Cactur Kings at any rate.

In related news I should have my Fohlen able to solo Gilgamesh by the end of the day.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

UHD posted:

I got a bunch of 3* dupes and then a 4* Xon who is also a dupe and looks like a huge dork.

I'm totes jelly my dude.

Needs me some AoE Mug and boss buff steals...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

I should have specified that I had my hopes set on Roberta or Fryevia as my next rainbow.

Who does Trance Terra chain well with?

She's more of a capper, isn't she? With Ultima or Chaos Wave. I'm mostly using her in the Arena to Dualcast Ultimas with Dark Fina.

Sooooooooooo...

Who wants to use a 100% PHY Evade Gilgamesh-killer Fohlen?

There's a little wiggle room for tweaks, which I'm TM grinding for.

634,188,308. Let me carry you, new Goon friends!

5 spots available, can kick overpowered nonGoons if required.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Drakes, your friends list is full so it won't let me accept your request. I've bought all the slots the game will let me or I would buy more to let you in.

After Drakes I got two more slots left.

Looking forward to these Emperor strats for the robit boss.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

There is also Poach materia

There sure is. Might not come around again for players that missed those, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

So these EX tickets don't run off current banners right? So there's no point in saving them?

There's a chance you will get hot new units from your EX tickets if you wait, but the likelihood of getting any given unit shrinks with every new one added to the pool.

• Locked thread