Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's a link to the odds calculator if you wish to add to the op.

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/??x=7&y=0&z=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

everyone get your pulling gloves ready for the anniversary

:dance:

I'm already there! Did a 500 Lapis pull just now cause the OP told me not to. :getin:

I got a swimsuit Lid...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Varance posted:

Each characters has a ~4.35% chance of appearing as the rainbow special.

Hahahahahahahahhahhah! Oh man that's a good one!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

It was confirmed that the last hour of connection errors was pre-maintenance emergency maintenance so that's that I guess.

Lol here we go again. 20 hours is the record.

:munch:

The guaranteed 5* eleven pull is giving everybody Orlandu?! SHUT IT DOWN NOW!!!!

Edit: Sneak peek is up if your impatient.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6k6ohe/gl_maint_quick_peek_629/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The X banner goes up today, the old banners expired last night. They wanted everything to sync with the anniversary today.

Edit: If you managed to pull a Randi, its time to dust him off...Mog is a fairy type and susceptible to spirit slayer. Randi and Cupid Luna are the only units with built in spirit slayer. It will stack with the materia that you get from the recipe in the junkyard.

The spherimorph boss in macalania woods is also fairy Type so he can pull double duty.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 29, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Thank you for playing
FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

[ISSUE DETAILS]
• Connection Issue

On June 28th, a connection issue occured causing the game to go into a emergency maintenance at 10:10pm PDT.
• Expedition Issues

Occurence where "100% success rate" expeditions may fail.
Pressing the "Refresh" button may return back the same expeditions.
These issue has since been resolved and no further problems are expected.
Compensation

Lapis x100
Advance token x30
Ancient coin x5
In addition, we will extend the following event, summon and bundle until:
Friday 6/30 0:59 PDT

Enchanted Maze
Trial of the Creator
Featured Summon: Brave Frontier
Featured Summon: Brave Exvius
Brave Frontier Vargas's Special Bundle
We look forward to your continued support of
FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

:siren:
This means Vargas and Elza are in the pool for the 5* guaranteed pull for one day! Plan accordingly...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I followed the steps to unlock the challenge version of King Mog and it didn't work. Anybody had success doing it and what specifically did you do?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I followed the steps to unlock the challenge version of King Mog and it didn't work. Anybody had success doing it and what specifically did you do?

Never mind I got it. I wasn't defending the first turn.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rikku's pouch gives anybody the 30% three turn full break.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let me explain a bit further how to properly Rikku.

As we all know, Rikku's most prized ability is her Limit Burst which when maxed with Pots gives you Cecil level DEF/SPR buff at 70%. And then (oh by the way), it also gives your party a 3 turn auto revive to 80% health allowing your team to literly cheat death over and over as long as you can spam it.

So how do you spam it? You need to increase her LB fill stat so that every time a red crystal drops, it does more. Rikku requires 16 red crystals to fill your LB gauge. She also comes prepackaged with a trait that already increases it by 100%, but we can do much more than that. You should have completed the macalania woods event and crafted her new weapon Override. That has a passive that adds another 100%. If you've got trust moogles lying around, now is the time to use them! Get her TM item, Rikku's pouch! Stick it on any team member that will have free turns (might be Rikku herself), and use "eccentrick" to add 200% every five turns. Finally, if you have any trust moogles left over, feed them to that new unit you got from the anniversary raid, Moogle. Don't actually do this, you can pull lots of copies from the raid gacha, once they fix the bugs. His TM adds another 50%. That's 450% increase to her LB fill!

But wait, theres more!

When we get the robot fight soon, he drops another fist weapon that adds another 100%! Take a wild guess who you are going to dual wield equip that on to get to 550%... :psyboom:

Lastly, stay the hell away from COD's TM and Jack's TM. COD will grant you a single red crystal per turn and Jack will grant you 2 red crystals per turn. Both are completely worthless and will make your Rikku too squishy.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 1, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I wouldn't feed any Trust moogles to the event Mog, I got mine to 100% by cannibalization.

Yeah I just realized that you can pull him in the raid gacha. I haven't touched it since everybody has said it's bugged.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Either most people aren't bothering with the raid or they're all farming ELT because I'm hanging around the 1000-1500th place while 2-3 rounding the challenge level.

I think it's because there's a lot of normal players who don't know how to unlock the harder mode.

July:

-900 Lapis
-6 Accelerators
-9% total in trust moogles
-4 summon tickets
-a 10+1 summon ticket

The accelerators suck and I wish the 1% were two 5% moogles instead. The 10-1 ticket is very nice though.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 1, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So if we stick close to JP, the robot trial fight is a month away. Get those Edgar machine killer TM's farmed up while you have time!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Finally got 5k Lapis, so I did the 10+1 5*.

I AM BEDILED!

But I also have yet another new BFF.

Not that I have any gear to make him a beast, but I'm one step closer!

Nope. Rem is your new Healer. Enjoy!

The reason a Cid chain is cheat mode is because he doesn't even need to be that powerful, just make sure to take a goon whale Cid as your second.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Is his TM any good even? I'm about to get a second as well.

From DefiantHermit's should you pull review:

"Global Trust Mastery Rating: Prodigy Goggles - +15 DEF/SPR, +2LB/Turn, Grant:: Scan - Accessory - 8.5/10

Niche, but great accessory for heavy LB users, as it provides passive LB gain and only takes an accessory slot. Scan is Libra, so you can safely ignore that part."

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6idx72/defianthermits_should_you_pull_summer_banner_june/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

Should I use my actual FB account for linking or a dummy account? I don't want this silly game to send notifications to my IRL friends or anything like that. But I've also read some horror stories about dummy accounts getting closed for whatever reason which then erased the FFBE save game linked to them.

I use a dummy account, but every other day on Reddit, somebody posts a Facebook horror story. I figure if it ever happens to me and I'm unsuccessful in gaining my account back, well then it was meant to be...

(And my wallet will thank me for it.)

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 3, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The best finisher for a long rear end time is coming up in the FF12 banner. Balthier (the rainbow pull of course...) will squeeze out Olive in terms of raw damage and exceed her in that he will have access to multiple elemental finishes and not just lightning. But if you already have Olive, it's not that big a deal.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Swing and a miss!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6l8r39/ffx_tidus_pulls_a_dolphin_horror_story/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FF12 incoming next week.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We may or may not get a week 2 banner with Balthier and Panelowned. (Who would get the four star?). In JPN, there was a week 2 FF12 trial, kind of like how the Kefka fight appeared in the FF6. We could get a "Balthier joins the fray" banner or something. Just not sure who would get the 4* slot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

I wonder if they'll bring back the half price on banner pull for FF12 because I'm not going to spend tickets or 500 lapis per pull for FF12 and to get Vaan'd over and over.

e:

Yeah, get that crimson ore turned in before King Mog moves on to the new and sexy turn in.

The free pull should transition from FFX to FF12, one would think.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

More raids for the raid god!!!

And then we get croissant Lid.

https://i.imgur.com/4VEWg7x.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

Is it just me or is this event really stingy with its Motes? Like, I killed a Gold Bomb in the 25 NRG thing and only got like 300 extra motes for it before bonuses, not nearly as exciting as "Holy poo poo 3 Metal Kings Jesus christ 3000 Crimson Ore here we come!"

It's stingy, but the weapons and materia are reasonably priced and the bugs and bombs have been frequent for me at least.

It's still no where near as generous as Brave Frontier was.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

To give some context, this is trial that redefines the SPR based defensive meta. You either meet the SPR quotas or you die. We already had a taste of this with the Shadow of Bahamut trial, but this is a whole new level. In Japan they even had Ramza enhancements to mitigate this, so it'll be interesting if they'll nerf this or buff it like Gilgamesh.

Just finished Illias #1 and gonna start 2,3, and 4.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wife just ticket looted a zargabitch, send her invites if you need the bonus unit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6me2ld/lunera_blanc_ruggles_and_helena_banner/

Aigaion is here and we are all dooooooomed....

drat if this is next week, I need more time to TM farm my Wilhelm build. I tried so hard to get a drat Rassler but I failed. At least I've got his shield done. I've also got two Hill Diggers at 75% and an Ilias complete, it'll have to do.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Read on if you want to know why you are getting raped. Btw, it's a four hour fight unless they nerf it for global.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Machina_of_Destruction

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

UHD posted:

Just started playing this game a few weeks ago and pulled a few dozen times but no rainbows, the rate seems loving atrocious but I guess I started at the right time because the game has been making GBS threads out awakening mats and now I have 6* Rikku, Refia, and WoL and they are all cool and good, Luneth less so because he is super boring

Luneth is about to become a LOT less boring...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This latest set of units and enhancements were a wet fart. The most exiting thing is Camillas 6* which seems to have turn her into a very budget and decent chainer that can work with two of the most powerful units in the game, Tidus and Eileen. Funny, her story about going in as a novice and wishing to become powerful became true.

Luneth becomes the best capper in the game and DKC finally becomes usable. But yeah if you don't have either of them the rest is mediocre to rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My first EX ticket was Bedile and you can guess how it went from there. My three yellows were Rosa, Vanille, and Hope.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I finally got a BIS Olive...just in time to bench her for Luneth come Friday... :cry:

I'll leave her up as my friend unit for the next few days in memorium.

Add me if you want.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 11, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The new FF12 trial boss has a waterga kill mission. That means either Zyrus or one of the Dark Finas. Might need some goons to put them up as a friend if possible.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6mswi0/best_units_to_level_for_expeditions_part_ii/

This guy has ranked which units to level up to give you the best chance at succeeding in an exploration. The TLDR is to level up an army of Yshtolas and equip her with her raid exclusive gear. If you think it's worthwhile, you may want to add it to the OP.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget you can always go here and play with builds.

http://www.ffbedb.com

gently caress doing math on my own.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

meteor9 posted:

Finally got sparky unlocked for my olive to use, and I'm kinda shocked at how much more ATK she has compared to every other Olive on my friend list. Goddamn.

Nowhere near the 1000 level the ultra meta folks will have but hell I'll take a 700+ atk character on F2P any day.

Send me an invite, I always make room.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Echophonic posted:

How many pieces of dual-wield gear and materia do I need? Right now I have a Dual Wield and a Bowie Knife and use Rem and Amelia, who have native dual-wield. I'd love to have Amelia using a wind-element weapon to help with element chaining, so is it worth trying to get another DW? Or should I be going for a Genji Glove, instead?

3 dual wields is usually enough. The Bowie knife is only BIS for certain units with a specific build, DW is usually better. Don't pin your hopes on getting a Gilgamesh to drop unless you already have him, in which case you should absolutely be farming the genji glove because it adds more ATK than a dual wield materia.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Garth_Marenghi posted:

So
2x Orlandu
1x Tidus
3x Rikku
1x Olive
1x Aileen
1x WOL
1x Wilhelm
1x Y'shtola
what should i be focusing on? who combos the best together?

Congratulations, you've won Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ain't nobody gonna touch it
her boobs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So here is the official trial boss strategy for tomorrow.

Step 1: Bring Xon
Step 2: Steal Cid's 999% DEF/SPR buff and become invulnerable
Step 3: ??????????
Step 4: Profit

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/The_Ambitious_Engineer_and_the_Darkening_Cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm sure we can friend unit one. You also need to bring someone who can cast Waterga, possibly as the killing blow for a mission. Here's the list:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Waterga

Shantotto
Dark Fina
Seabreeze Dark Fina
Hope
Nichol
Penelo
Zyrus
Mercedes

• Locked thread