Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

awhile back i switched from trying to chain all of my dumb 5* to just bringing a super heals and tanky team with olive is my only damage dealer and that more or less worked out. now i am thinking of running a base line team of wol/aileen/olive/rikku/???

that team seems like it covers basically everything except it has no status ailment healing and no full heals. ling can definitely cover healing status ailments but her actual ability to burst heal is nil and she doesn't really have any buffs. yshtola has an ability based full heal and protectga/shellga but no full raise and dualcast esuna isnt that exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Farm Rikku's TM and then you have an Esunaga you can just put on anyone.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
So, is King Mog actually supposed to do something? I've got Emperor spamming Fire from Below and he literally does no actions the entire fight on ELT.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Have you unlocked the Counterattack version of the raid? That's when he actually attacks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Either most people aren't bothering with the raid or they're all farming ELT because I'm hanging around the 1000-1500th place while 2-3 rounding the challenge level.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Does reraise work on stuff like snort?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tagichatn posted:

No, just death.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

snort straight up removes a character from battle, re-raise wont stop it.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Either most people aren't bothering with the raid or they're all farming ELT because I'm hanging around the 1000-1500th place while 2-3 rounding the challenge level.

mostly not bothering with it seemingly. Im farming the ELT and still am under 2000 (if i can get a macro that reliably sets off the one turn kill I could try farming counterattack )

rabidsquid posted:

why does your whale rear end have a wol with 3k less health than mine :colbert:
I gave mine 3 shards of genius from the ff14 raids, staff of wrath, and vestment of the mind, it ended up with similar hp. Gotta try the gilgamesh trial or something to test how durable he is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AegisP posted:

Have you unlocked the Counterattack version of the raid? That's when he actually attacks.

How do you do that? Mine stops at ELT and I've cleared every stage.
EDIT: Okay I had to look that up on the wiki. A lot of people probably don't have the challenge stage unlocked because who the gently caress would spend the fight spamming a thing that does nothing? I'm probably not going to bother because you only get more raid coins for it, doesn't seem worth the effort.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 1, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I got the good anniversary rewards today, which are is 4 battles: three with gil snappers, and the last being 3 cactuars that drop Green crysts.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a guaranteed 4* ticket from raid rewards. Already have Rikku. Maaaaaybe I could get a a Tidus, but probably not.

What's the next banner looking like?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think it's because there's a lot of normal players who don't know how to unlock the harder mode.

July:

-900 Lapis
-6 Accelerators
-9% total in trust moogles
-4 summon tickets
-a 10+1 summon ticket

The accelerators suck and I wish the 1% were two 5% moogles instead. The 10-1 ticket is very nice though.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 1, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The 10+1 is essentially 5000 Lapis so it makes up for everything else not being impressive.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cartoon Man posted:

I think it's because there's a lot of normal players who don't know how to unlock the harder mode.
Also the challenge mode just like. Instantly nuked my whole team on turn two. There's basically no reason to bother with this when you can no-effort farm ELT.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

The 10+1 is essentially 5000 Lapis so it makes up for everything else not being impressive.

i don't know, i am extremely impressed that they managed to turn the 10% trust moogle into two 5% moogles and one less daily reward, into nine 1% moogles and eight less daily rewards.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

rabidsquid posted:

i don't know, i am extremely impressed that they managed to turn the 10% trust moogle into two 5% moogles and one less daily reward, into nine 1% moogles and eight less daily rewards.

For content: I wouldn't value a non-banner 11 pull the same as 5k lapis. At the very least it loses some value for you not being able to pull with higher odds of anything. There are plenty of troll 4s. Hell if they just gave me 5k lapis at this point I'd probably consider just using it all on TM farming. Because with as many 1% moogles as I see floating around it's kind of obvious they want to be really stingy with them.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 1, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm ok with it because free half pulls for a month, a free 10+1 at the start and another one in the end means lots of effective lapiz.

If only mog wasn't such a clusterfuck of a raid

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Right that's my biggest complaint. They hype up this event and talk about the giveaways which are nice. Then give us mostly crap for in-game rewards. It's not like turning all the 1* and 2* turtles and cacti raid pulls into 4s or 5s would somehow fundamentally break the game. Same for giving more than just 1% here and 1% there. Hell if every single moogle was 10% instead of 1 I'd still have plenty ahead of me to do, which I'm sure is the case of everyone else in this thread.

It's just very tonally dissonant and constantly having moments where you roll your eyes in the middle of what should be a month of everyone singing your praises and talking about how much they love the game isn't a good thing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm mostly annoyed that there are a ton of gil snappers and metal cactuars because of how long it's going to take to eat them all. gently caress, let me merge more than 5 units at a time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I'm mostly annoyed that there are a ton of gil snappers and metal cactuars because of how long it's going to take to eat them all. gently caress, let me merge more than 5 units at a time.

I dont even bother with non gigantuars or kings anymore. Use to be that I fed the small ones to friend pull units and then sold them but thats not worth it given how prevalent gil turtle families have been. I went from barely having over a million to 6.5m in no time.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is WoL's description wrong?

Warriors Pride says there's a chance of restoring HP/MP after receiving a physical attack.
The wiki says magical and that's what my experience says.

Light is with us! says chance of taking physical damage for an ally.
The wiki says chance to protect all with damage mitigation. Because of the description, I've not used it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Huh, you made me look at my characters now and speaking of faulty descriptions, Noctis' Warp Break now says "Enables Close Quarters Warp" but does no such thing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It seems weird to me that we can't do our normally daily half pull during the event.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

We still get it, it's just free.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Huh, you made me look at my characters now and speaking of faulty descriptions, Noctis' Warp Break now says "Enables Close Quarters Warp" but does no such thing.

That's because they removed it for global since Noctis being full strength back when he was first added would've been incredibly overpowered. Hopefully they give us his full strength soon because the game's catching up to the point Japan was at.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I guess the game wanted me back after I quit in frustration last year after not getting any base 5*s ever. I now have GIlgamesh and Tidus (and Rikku). What team would people suggest out of these chumps?:

The only relevant unit that isn't listed is a Firion.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I guess the game wanted me back after I quit in frustration last year after not getting any base 5*s ever. I now have GIlgamesh and Tidus (and Rikku). What team would people suggest out of these chumps?:

As strange as it sounds, because you're lacking a Rem, Tilith or Y'shtola, what you'll want to do is get a dual cast materia up asap for Refia if you have a Ludmille(3* unit). This is probably your most important thing you'll need.

Get Refia and Warrior of Light to 6*.

Gilgamesh, Tidus, Rikku, WoL and Refia looks like your best composition right now.

TM party: As many Ludmiles as you have, after that Gilgamesh, Tidus, Rikku, Cecil, Chizuru, then Leon.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Tidus, Gilgamesh, Warrior of light, Rikku, and Refia should be a solid party. I would suggest using any trust moogles you get to speed up a dualcast first so refia can double her healing output.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Everyone is leaving out that mercedes for how well she plays with Tidus

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

He doesn't have Tidus's TM so Mercedes isn't quite as valuable. Overall the other units are more useful.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

he's quite a ways off from giving mercedes ability enchancements so she's not immediately helpful.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I totally forgot about Mercedes, I even have her TM axe. If ability enhancements weren't all completely insane to get she would actually be fun to use on a team with Tidus.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's because they removed it for global since Noctis being full strength back when he was first added would've been incredibly overpowered. Hopefully they give us his full strength soon because the game's catching up to the point Japan was at.
Oh I realize it was removed, it's just that the part of the description I mentioned wasn't there until this week's update, so maybe it's a sign... or another fuckup considering Lasswell's big AoE now just says that it causes sleep...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I totally forgot about Mercedes, I even have her TM axe. If ability enhancements weren't all completely insane to get she would actually be fun to use on a team with Tidus.

This loving post right here man. They should have scaled the ability enhancement cost based on base character rank. 3*s should have cheap enhancement costs and the 5*s should have the expensive ones.

Getting even a few characters completely enhanced would take you a half a year of grinding King Mog events. You can't be wasting those crysts on average characters like Mercedes.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I haven't awakened any abilities yet because it'd be :retrogames: . If it isn't an upgrade on one of my best units I'm not going to sink gigant/pure crysts on it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nox crashed and now wont load up again, gets stuck at 99%

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nox crashed and now wont load up again, gets stuck at 99%

Get memu, never look back

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Amazon coins on sale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6ko1w9/whalesdolphinsminnows_15_back_on_amazon_coins/

quote:

The promotion started today to get 15% back on Lapis purchase if you use Amazon Coins. They said while supplies last, so I'm not quite sure if it will make it until the fourth of July (when it ends). Anyway, here's the current Amazon Coin prices on Amazon (in USD) for the curious:
500 coins = $4.90 (2% off)
1000 coins = $9.70 (3% off)
2500 coins = $24.00 (4% off)
5000 coins = $42.00 (16% off)
10000 coins = $81.00 (19% off)
50000 coins = $375.00 (25% off)
If you have an amazon credit card, you can add another 5% off to all of those tiers in reward points. The big deal here is the 50k coin tier which is 45% off if you count all of the discounts possible.

Ubiquitus posted:

I thought that's what friend units were for?

that's what friends are foooooooooor~

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP Update:

Basch (5*/6*) is now the top tank in JP meta. He has 75% Physical and Magical cover abilities that also reduce incoming damage by 60% (but only one type can be active at any time). Add in a 70% DEF/SPR party buff, 50% 5 turn singletarget breaks with a 300% damage multiplier, 45% 5 turn AoE breaks and self-healing. His TM is the best shield in the game, by far. 60 DEF, 70 SPR, 20% dodge and 50% Lightning resist. Bonus points: His tanking abilities stack with those of Warrior of Light (phys) or Mistair (magic) which can be used to create an impenetrable wall for your party.

Gabranth (5*/6*) is also a really good tank, in the offensive direction. Dual wielding him with swords and daggers increases his defense, plus he has a nasty 500% damage counter. Other highlights include a 100% provoke that reduces damage taken by 30%, a 40% 3 turn partywide damage reduction buff (stacks with Sakura/Crowe/9S's mitigation), an ability combo that has a 100% chance to stick every enemy with every status effect in the book and a 450% AoE phys attack that inflicts a 50% fire imperil. Arena nightmare. Trust is a sword with 135 ATK and a Defense +50% passive.

Vayne (4*/6*) has a 25% singletarget damage mitigation abilities that stack with other tanking mitigation, plus a special 50% version usable after LB. His limit break reduces enemy attack and magic by 90% (yes, ninety). Combine with Basch, WoL or Mistair for best results. Otherwise, he falls into that weird physical/mage/support/debuff hybrid category, with Dualcast Holy/Thundaga/Firaga, Dispelga, a 45% ATK/MAG buff that increases burst fill rate, a 45% DEF/SPR buff that adds regen and an 810% holy attack that inflicts light imperil, usable after casting that damage mitigation buff I mentioned above (good chain cap alongside Orlandeau). Trust is a materia with +20% HP and +15% ATK/MAG.

Drace (4*/6*) ...who saw her coming? She's a support/chain caster with a drinking problem (triple effect of item usage) that removes status debuffs from your party while attacking with her chain ability. Her spell kit includes Firaga, Thundaga, Bizzaga and Curaja (more of an AoE backup, you'll be using her chaining ability as primary damage). Drace's limit break increases party DEF/SPR by 100% for 3 turns, plus another 20% damage mitigation partywide on top of that. Also of note: she's able to serve as a mana battery in a pinch and can remove stop without cleansing other status effects, which comes in handy on certain upcoming trial fights. Trust is an 80 ATK 100 MAG +10% MP sword, which Fryevia users should already be foaming at the mouth for.

Definitely a defensive banner.

Varance fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I dare someone to get an 11 pull worse than this.

• Locked thread