Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
There was also a quasi-expansion, the Splat Pack, which tweaked some of the vehicles and courses, prior to Carmageddon II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Can't have a water hazard on the course without some actual hazard if the cars are amphibious.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We have a desync issue on the second video which we hope to have resolved shortly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

berryjon posted:

Shortly as in after I get home from a day at work and dodging cars.

How many times do I have to tell you to go for kills rather than laps? :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

berryjon posted:

I'm a pedestrian! On a bicycle though. Dodging is vital! I don't want some random shmuck getting 8 seconds on their timer!

A bike is still a vehicle! Have you considered investing in some massively impractical spikes to improve offensive performance?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
You're only coming out of the left channel of a stereo output, the other two are coming out of both.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Psychotic Weasel posted:

That last level was a bunch of frustrating bullshit, I don't remember playing it much so maybe I just beat it and moved on. Definitely not one of the stronger maps. But there was a lot of that going around as people got used to 3D worlds and what did and didn't work.

By the way - the word 'quay' is pronounced as 'key' in Queen's English. As in Off Key.

I did correct him, but not in time.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

berryjon posted:

Didn't we have that discussion in the next video?

Yes, which was not in time to fix the last one. :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I can hardly hear AJ_Impy on 29. Hmmm! I don't use headphones, so I don't think I need to schedule an exorcism.

You are correct, sounds like a microphone issue at my end during the latter part of the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

berryjon posted:

You were having problems where Speedball or I couldn't hear you. We figured it was just a transmission thing, and that your recording was alright.

I ... uh... will look into things. When I'm not still sore from my new job.

In that one case in race 29, there was a shift in microphone position between beginning and end which would likely account for the inaudibility towards the end.

• Locked thread