Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Ah, my friends and I wasted many hours just playing the demo of this the game, it was that addictive. Even the demo of the second game provided as much fun, especially after learning how to modify it to remove the time limit. Even after getting the full game it never got tired, plowing people down and screwing around on the maps was just so much fun. Nowadays every open world GTA clone allows you to mow people down and drive like a maniac but there wasn't anything else quite like this back when it was released.

The follow up to that, TDR 2000, lost a lot of the magic but the recently released Kickstarter sequel is fairly decent.

Going to have to vote for MAX. There's no difference between the two but his mug behind the wheel is kinda iconic of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Yeah the end chapter mission levels were pretty bullshit in the second game, there were a few in particular that were rage inducing (like trying to trickshot yourself into an aircraft carrier's control tower) that relied on luck more so than anything else. I recall beating the game once and then just using that save to replay anything I want.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
After the many, many hours just playing the demo of this game when I was younger I still have most of this map memorized. I remember also luring the cop and sometimes a competitor into the overhead tunnel things you see running around the map then leaving them stuck up there so I could painstakingly run around killing all the pedestrians without anyone harassing me or finishing the level before I was done.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
That last level was a bunch of frustrating bullshit, I don't remember playing it much so maybe I just beat it and moved on. Definitely not one of the stronger maps. But there was a lot of that going around as people got used to 3D worlds and what did and didn't work.

By the way - the word 'quay' is pronounced as 'key' in Queen's English. As in Off Key.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
After all these videos the one thing that really sticks out is the sound of that bloody police siren - man that is the one thing from this game I do not miss. So glad they didn't include them in the second game...

• Locked thread