Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
L. poo poo our pants and try to reclaim body.

Of course this is the top comment on the page... sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

^ Follow the leader!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Perfectly appropriate given the situation. (This is not a change of my vote.)

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
1 hour until voting closes.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Voting closed, it appears G has won but barely.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
If there's no poop in this update, by god, I'll throw a tantrum.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Dangit, missed the vote (though I was gonna vote G anyhow!)

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

FaustianQ posted:

You were born into slavery, working the mines. You know mining and have some knowledge of the old tales. Until now you've never been tasked with leading people nor are learned in debate, yet people now come to you, expecting you to lead and give guidance. Arandus, a self styled acolyte of El, has put forward an offer to smooth tensions he created, that Malakiel and Anael humble themselves and offer sacrifice to El to prove they have no ill intentions. Yet this has caused them to come to blows, as Malakiel steadfastly refuses to comply to such demand. You watch as Malakiel turns to leave feeling, no, knowing that it would be ill advised for him to reject Arandus's ultimatum. You decide to act on these feelings and call out to him, hoping to sway him.

"Malakiel, if your objection is that Arandus knows not his faith, is it not wisdom then to listen to those who are well versed in it before passing judgment?" Malakiel turns to you and scoffs. "Efraim, do you have a Priest of this El you have been hiding from me? Have you stuffed him in a sack, ready to be pulled out like a market magician would? Arandus will not wait until we reach the walls of your home for my conversion, he demands it now." Undeterred, you continue.

"Yet your actions would divide the faith, the refugees we lead, and put all at risk! There is a way to avoid bloodshed here Malakiel, if your duty to man is so great then surely you must see that breaking your oath in the face of a new world is a small price to pay?" It must be your imagination, but Malakiel seems to grow, and his image sharpen. The moon casts little light yet you can almost discern the color on Malakiel, who now speaks with a fiery edge to his tone. "Does an oath mean nothing to your people? To this new order? Am I to sacrifice my character and dignity to an El I know not? Does your El take kindly to insincere conversion done for political calculus? Would it entertain you to see myself humiliated before your El smites me?" It is clear Malakiel is becoming enraged, but your persist.

"Then don't convert, but pledge yourself to seeing us safely to Ur and Acco. I do not ask you dishonor yourself nor dishonestly convert Malakiel, but to put forth a show of good faith. This would ease fears, fears that arise from our past. It was said we were once enslaved wholly by demons and monsters before we were freed by Labaras, and that our freedom is sustained by the might of El. Arandus and those like him fear you because they can only explain you away as demons. It is said that through certain sacrifices that El reveals his will to his people, and I believe as long as our genuine in your sacrifice and dedication El will make it known and look favorably upon you." You seem to have defused his anger somewhat, and take the moment to press your advantage.

"Know that we cannot say what happened to the ones you describe. Maybe they rest upon Mt.Har, with our El? Maybe we know them by new names in service to him? Maybe they are forgotten, lost to memory and the world. But in the face of this, would you cling to pride over proof? Would you blind yourself to what is, and linger instead within what once was? That does not seem in your nature Malakiel, you seek truth. Seek it and let it guide you." Malakiel does not interject, instead his anger has ebbed and he is now intently listening; You deliver your coup-de-grâce. "I was born in darkness, raised a slave to monsters. This is far above me, yet many look to me for guidance. If those we have saved fight amongst themselves, they are all lost. My duty is to them, those who are here and now. I... I need your help if we are to have any chance. Draw the line here and there will be conflict. Let reason rule instead." Malakiel can be hard to read at times, and this is one of them. You're not sure what impact your arguments had on him, but he does leave in much less of a terrible mood than he would have had you not spoken. Maybe it will be enough tomorrow?

You are brought out of your musings by Anael's whittling. You discuss the particulars of your faith and Anael proves to studious and attentive, right up until you reach the role of women in your society. She very strongly objects to her theoretical future role. "I am willing to pledge loyalty and serve faithfully a new El of Man, but I will not revoke my rights to combat, craft, good drink, to wear what I see fit or sleep with whoever I may! What's more, are you to tell me you don't expect the women in our host to bear arms and defender the menfolk or their own children? Absurd! Everyone should be ready to fight, this is hostile territory! Efraim I ask that you make effort to solve this, or I may feel compelled to do so in my own way." You think deeply on this as Anael impatiently waits for your answer. You consider offering her the option of being considered a man as Ruth of Kavodel fame, and then in turn consider simply trying to make an exception for her, realizing that this may upset all parties equally. None of these options satisfy you, and you while you feel your hands might be tied, you see that only as a copout. No, if you are to be responsible to your people, you will expand the rights of all women. This is extremely heretical, but you will have supporters nonetheless, and a compelling argument due to the shortage of able bodied men, especially after the defection of some of Zomaya's people the previous night. A society of people must learn to bend in the face of a new wind, or risk breaking. "Anael, I will do my best to argue for you, and all women to share in equal privilege. Know there will be a price for this amongst the very people we seek to appease with your conversion; I hope El finds your sacrifice favorable." Anael seems pleased, and goes back to her whittling. You leave her and retire for the night, the day having been exhausting and the need to be up early to lead your people through a new day weighing on you.

However, as you close your eyes, you are interrupted by the thunderous sound of Eremiel's voice in your head. You are starting to find how his very communication pushes all thought aside very irritating. "EFRAIM, I REQUIRE YOUR ATTENTION! I WISH TO MAKE A DEAL MORTAL; RELEASE ME FROM CONFINEMENT, AND NOT ONLY WILL I SOLVE YOUR ARANDUS PROBLEM, I WILL TEACH YOU TO UTILIZE YOUR INNER STRENGTH!" You briefly consider taking him up on the offer and pouring him over Arandus, and how satisfying it would feel. But you banish the thought, and instead tell Eremiel good night. "EFRAIM, YOU CANNOT IGNORE ME! ONLY I OFFER A REAL SOLUTION! ONLY I OFFER YOU REAL POWER!". Sleep well Eremiel. "I CANNOT SLEEP EFRAIM, AND I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO EITHER UNTIL YOU RELEASE ME!". You proceed to try to ignore Eremiel, but to no avail. For hours he unceasingly pesters you in new and creative ways, even going so far as to invade your dreams to awaken you. You are starting to get desperate with Eremiel's insistence, but how to get him out of your mind? You think back to a little earlier in the night, when Malakiel was able to silence everyone with a word. What was it? Chashah? In irritation, you decide to speak them aloud, if it would silence Eremiel and let you sleep.

"Chasham"

You feel as if all the wind in your lungs has been sucked out, and you are left gasping for breath. You vision blurs, at first producing a double image, then four and then as if you have two frames of reference. You look about and are startled to see your spasming body below you. You are a cloud of blue and violet, swirling together like oil on water, devoid of distinct shape. You can feel yourself expanding, fading, going dark. Panic starts to set in, as you REALIZE, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! EL HELP ME! SMYTHOS! MARNAL! SOMEONE HEEEELP, I'M GOING TO DIE!

1. NOOOOOO!
A. PANIC
B. PANIC MORE
C. YOU'RE GOING TO DIE
D. YOU'RE DEFINITELY DYING
E. SCREAM IN AGONY
F. SCREAM IN DESPAIR
G. CRY OUT TO EL!
H. CRY OUT TO ANYONE!
I. AAAAGGGGHHH!
J. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
K. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"EL! SAVE ME!" you cry out into the night. You just wanted Eremiel to be quiet and let you sleep, oh El you just wanted to sleep! HOURS! Eremiel refused to accept no for an answer and came up with increasingly more devious ways to keep you awake, to get you to say yes. You were desperate, oh so desperate but why did you have to say those words! It's like your lips moved on their own! "EL I BEG YOU! I CALL OUT TO THEE!"

Yet nothing seems to respond? You are still floating above your body a roiling cloud of blue and violet. You still feel the existential panic creeping over you, engulfing your existence. You are so close, so close to your body, yet that small distance seems too far. You try to reach out and touch it, but nothing happens. You focus harder, desperate. You feel a tingling sensation as blue tendrils break from your formless mass and wind their way towards your unmoving body. Almost instinctually, you try to form a hand, your hand and watch as the tendrils take shape; a hand, then an arm. You feel it spread across your body as you concentrate harder, as if guided by some deeper consciousness inside of you. Your once formless shape is becoming vaguely human, but the color is breaking down, into a stronger blue and red. As your swirling mass begins finally collapsing into a vaguely humanoid shape, the red begins taking it's own shape, it's own vaguely monstrous shape. You start to feel panic rise but are instead overwhelmed with surprise when other hands reach out from you and grab ahold of the writhing red monst...ers?! The red is now a a terrifying mix of monstrous limbs mouths and claws all flailing in different directions, coiling around you and embracing you, jaws snapping expectantly at you're incorporeal form.

You feel a tug, not a sharp one, but one nonetheless that begins dragging you back towards your body. The red monstrous spirit seems to howl and cackle as it seems to ready to solidify, the red evaporating into real color, the light fading, but many of your? hands hold tightly to it. You know what to do, you feel like you've always known it. You reach out to your body and grab ahold, pulling yourself in as if you were pulling a cart full of ore towards yourself. You hear the cackling turn to frustration then anger as your many other hands grip it tightly, refusing to let go as you focus on pulling yourself further and further into your body. If you had experience in the matter, you'd swear it'd be like swimming deeper into the ocean. The red spirit begins dissolving back into a cloud, it's color turning distinctly fluorescent violet as with one last heave you throw yourself into your body, the last thought wondering what an ocean is before all fades to black.

You wake to mornings light and the sight of Malakiel looking at you with concern. You feel wet and realize you soiled yourself sometime during the night? Was that all a nightmare? "Do you feel well Efraim? You look distressed."

1. Malakiel seems concerned about your well being, how do you answer?
A. Blow him off and say nothing, it's none of his concern.
B. Reassure him everything is fine, but don't elaborate beyond that it was a particularly frightening dream.
C. Explain everything, from the fight with Eremiel to the horrifying red monstrosity.
D. Explain you had a fight with Eremiel but managed to get to sleep anyway. Do not speak of any details regarding the rest of the night and deny ever saying Chashah.
E. Write In.

This vote will be open for 24 hours, as I have the update after this one partially finished and am hoping to move on to it quick for the weekend! I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone but I hoping to get the story moving a little faster.

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 27, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Good El, C. We need some moral support, even if it binds us more tightly to this super-untrustworthy ghost-god-monster-man we found in a jar!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
C

Guess we have a demon inside us. Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
I'm starting to not trust Malakiel here, there are certainly things he is not telling us. Uttering the word he used "Chasham" is what started this. What power does that word have? Was the red monster Eremiel, or something worse? Perhaps the Sebitti truly are demons? Did Anael consume the essence of Gemariah in the same way that the red entity tried to consume us?

However, I will still vote C, but with reservations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

BoyG posted:

Uttering the word he used "Chasham" is what started this.

A correction, it's "Chashah", not "Chasham", which was an error that somehow escaped me. It's since been corrected in the updates, apologies to everyone.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C. No-one has told us we need to keep anything a secret.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C "What the [appropriate cultural expletive] was that?!"

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

C

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
C

:bandwagon:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:stonk: C

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

3 and a half hours till vote closes but I want to make it clear that if I don't update this morning it's because I am drunk as gently caress, not because I don't love all of you.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. C

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

FaustianQ posted:

3 and a half hours till vote closes but I want to make it clear that if I don't update this morning it's because I am drunk as gently caress, not because I don't love all of you.

Drunkpost.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Closing the vote, C decisively wins.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pre-drunkpost :colbert:

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Sorry for the delay everyone, hopefully tomorrow, life is just busy.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

FaustianQ posted:

Sorry for the delay everyone, hopefully tomorrow, life is just busy.

You learned well from Diog

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Sorry for this late, and much smaller update then I had planned!

FaustianQ posted:

"EL! SAVE ME!" you cry out into the night. You just wanted Eremiel to be quiet and let you sleep, oh El you just wanted to sleep! HOURS! Eremiel refused to accept no for an answer and came up with increasingly more devious ways to keep you awake, to get you to say yes. You were desperate, oh so desperate but why did you have to say those words! It's like your lips moved on their own! "EL I BEG YOU! I CALL OUT TO THEE!"

Yet nothing seems to respond? You are still floating above your body a roiling cloud of blue and violet. You still feel the existential panic creeping over you, engulfing your existence. You are so close, so close to your body, yet that small distance seems too far. You try to reach out and touch it, but nothing happens. You focus harder, desperate. You feel a tingling sensation as blue tendrils break from your formless mass and wind their way towards your unmoving body. Almost instinctually, you try to form a hand, your hand and watch as the tendrils take shape; a hand, then an arm. You feel it spread across your body as you concentrate harder, as if guided by some deeper consciousness inside of you. Your once formless shape is becoming vaguely human, but the color is breaking down, into a stronger blue and red. As your swirling mass begins finally collapsing into a vaguely humanoid shape, the red begins taking it's own shape, it's own vaguely monstrous shape. You start to feel panic rise but are instead overwhelmed with surprise when other hands reach out from you and grab ahold of the writhing red monst...ers?! The red is now a a terrifying mix of monstrous limbs mouths and claws all flailing in different directions, coiling around you and embracing you, jaws snapping expectantly at you're incorporeal form.

You feel a tug, not a sharp one, but one nonetheless that begins dragging you back towards your body. The red monstrous spirit seems to howl and cackle as it seems to ready to solidify, the red evaporating into real color, the light fading, but many of your? hands hold tightly to it. You know what to do, you feel like you've always known it. You reach out to your body and grab ahold, pulling yourself in as if you were pulling a cart full of ore towards yourself. You hear the cackling turn to frustration then anger as your many other hands grip it tightly, refusing to let go as you focus on pulling yourself further and further into your body. If you had experience in the matter, you'd swear it'd be like swimming deeper into the ocean. The red spirit begins dissolving back into a cloud, it's color turning distinctly fluorescent violet as with one last heave you throw yourself into your body, the last thought wondering what an ocean is before all fades to black.

You wake to mornings light and the sight of Malakiel looking at you with concern. You feel wet and realize you soiled yourself sometime during the night? Was that all a nightmare? "Do you feel well Efraim? You look distressed."

1. Malakiel seems concerned about your well being, how do you answer?
A. Blow him off and say nothing, it's none of his concern.
B. Reassure him everything is fine, but don't elaborate beyond that it was a particularly frightening dream.
C. Explain everything, from the fight with Eremiel to the horrifying red monstrosity.
D. Explain you had a fight with Eremiel but managed to get to sleep anyway. Do not speak of any details regarding the rest of the night and deny ever saying Chashah.
E. Write In.

This vote will be open for 24 hours, as I have the update after this one partially finished and am hoping to move on to it quick for the weekend! I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone but I hoping to get the story moving a little faster.

You relay the terror of the night to Malakiel, going every detail leading up to your awakening. He listens with keen interest throughout, never once betraying any inner thoughts even when you tell of the red swirling monstrosity. After you finish, Malakiel ponders for awhile before answering. "For now, refrain from repeating that word as well as speaking any other words of power you may come to know. I will keep Eremiel secure for now as well." That's it? "Yes. I suggest you go clean yourself up, we have yet to give our answer to Arandus. We have a long day ahead of us." Malakiel does not budge when you attempt to pry more information out of him, telling you only to be patient. Eventually you relent, but the memories of the night continue to trouble you through the day. He pockets Eremiel and leaves you, disappearing into the woods possibly after Anael.

Cleaned and refreshed, you join the main group for the daily meal, the usual gruel, date and pasty cheese provided to your people when they were enslaved and something the Bnaimokt had in abundance. You become engrossed in your thoughts, the disturbing events of last night haunting you, so much that you barely notice the murmurs and whispers from the slowly gathering crowd around you. The sudden presence of a shadow jolts you out of your rumination. You look up to find the face of middle aged woman staring at you patiently as you finish your meal. You recognize her as Belessa, wife of Jebel, having seen her amongst Arandus's followers, although you know little of her. Taking your time finishing your meal, in the back of your mind you try to figure out what Arandus's new angle is. Is this supposed to be an insult, to send a woman as an intermediary? Is this some ploy to humble you? You're starting to grow irritated at the old mans games. You notice it has grown awfully quiet, and feel the tension in the air as all eyes are focused on you.

When you've finished your food and set aside your bowl, you motion for Belessa to speak. She seems hesitant, not sure how to begin. “Efraim, I come to you with a request to arbitrate for me. I have some skill in weaving and would put it to good use for our people. Fashion them clothes more befitting than the rags the demons would leave us in. But I have no tools to begin and so on my own accord began to fashion them.” She takes a breath, closing her eyes and exhaling deeply before continuing, “Yet I am told that I am forbidden from crafting them, and that the material I wish to use and have in abundance is tainted and should be all burned in sacrifice to El. My husband Jebel is of no help and I have pleaded my case before Arandus to no avail. So I come to you, and to humbly ask that you grant me this request, that I might craft my own tools on this occasion and weave garments befitting a people of El.”

Your mind is froze, overwhelmed as it is with the implications of the events transpiring. A woman is asking you for a judgment, having gone beyond her peers, having gone above her husband, and is asking for the right to pursue a craft so she may weave. Worse, if you were to give judgment, you would be explicitly saying that your words mean more than those of Arandus, who claims to be a priest of El. You would be claiming the power of a...of a King. And for what, to sit endlessly listening to people come to you with problems small and large they then expect you to fix? You are not a mighty man, you are possessed of no great power not skill. You have no kingly lineage, no noble blood. So what right do you have to pass judgment, to claim to be a King? Would claiming such authority not potentially split the group, has it has before? Would you cause a schism to develop, openly? Or more sinisterly, cracks unseen in the bonds of your people to be filled with poison over time? What if they simply tried to kill you instead?! Assassinating a King is unheard of, but they have divine authority, something you distinctly lack and…

“Efraim?” You come to, realizing you have been blankly staring forward while lost in your own mind. Belessa looks at you expectantly, the crowd around you deathly quiet.

1. Belessa has come to you seeking your judgment on matters. Depending on your decision, future precedent will be set here, how do you respond?
A. You have no idea how to best answer Belessa right now, postpone your answer.
B. Refuse to answer. Belessa is going way beyond her position as a woman and wife and this is unacceptable. A good wife does not embarrass her husband so publicly.
C. Refuse to answer. Belessa has already been given an answer by Arandus and her husband Jebel. It is not your place to override them.
D. Declare that you do not want this responsibility at all and wish to make that clear. It is unlikely that in the future others will seek your counsel.
E. Grant Belessa the right to weave but that she will not craft her tools. Commission the best craftsman among you to do so. Arandus might be incensed at you letting Belessa appropriate one of his planned sacrifices to El but he'll get over it. Jebel however might not.
F. Grant Belessa the right to craft her own tools but she may not use the fabrics Arandus has set aside for sacrifice to El. This is can be perceived as heretical, and you will gain the ire of those who follow Arandus and Jebel.
G. Grant Belessa's request in full. She has the right to make her own tools and to use what materials she see fit unless profane in the eyes of El, and she has that right into perpetuity. Arandus will not be pleased at all, and Jebel will be furious. Whatever other consequences might follow, you can be sure that others in the future will seek your counsel.
H. Do not just grant Belessa's request, but take the opportunity to make clear your position on the rights of women in your society as equal to men. Anael will be greatly pleased, but you are unsure how everyone else will handle it. This is extremely heretical and you can be sure you will have the eternal ire of Arandus and many of his followers. You will greatly embarrass Jebel in doing this and will make a mortal enemy.
I. In addition to any of the above options, Delcare you are King!
J. You are stronger, wiser and more deserving than this shortsighted Jebel. Not only will you be King, but you declare his marriage void and take Belessa for yourself, he clearly is an empty headed buffoon and is undeserving of her company! If Arandus or his minions object, have Anael or Malakiel render them paste, he's no Priest of El and as King you have divine mandate anyway!
K. Write In!

You may freely question Belessa, the crowd around you, or even call for Belessa's husband Jebel. Vote will remain open for 48 hours! You can reach me via PM and I try to be on the IRC #madgod on SynIRC for any real time conservation. I use mibbit, it's free and you don't have to register or download anything https://client00.chat.mibbit.com

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Hm tricky.

What material would you intend to use? Are there any alternatives? Also you're a badass to think of this.

e: Does anyone remember Arandus being a priest or priest adjacent from before our capture by the Bnaimokt?

vorebane fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Where did J come from? One of the jars?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
G

BEGIN THE HERESY!

Edited my vote to G as intended.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 5, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
K: Recess, speak with Jebel privately.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
G maximum heresy.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

vorebane posted:

What material would you intend to use? Are there any alternatives?

"Back in the mining camp, I collected the demons banners and livery, as well as such things as minor household things I could scrounge up. I had hoped to come to Arandus and have them sanctified for use, but now I am here." When you ask if there are any alternatives she shakes her head. "We have the wrappings for the animals, sacks to carry our burdens, a handful of blankets and two tents one for Arandus and the other acquired by Zomaya. Many of these things are necessary for our journey I am told, and I lack the dye's needed to beautify many of the plainer things left to me."

vorebane posted:

Also you're a badass to think of this.

Openly stating you think Belessa is a badass might give others the impression, regardless of ruling, that you agree with her. Do you want to do this? Y/N?

vorebane posted:

Does anyone remember Arandus being a priest or priest adjacent from before our capture by the Bnaimokt?

You ask about in a more discrete manner that does not question Arandus's legitimacy. It seems most are much younger than even you and do not remember a time before the mines. As a general rule though, most of the Elders agree Arandus has some association prior to your peoples capture with the priesthood of El, although the exact specifics aren't always in 100% agreeance.

Butt Discussin posted:

Where did J come from? One of the jars?

Did it?

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 5, 2017

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
G, but make sure the first complete garment she makes is offered as a sacrifice to El, for wouldn't the effort and time put into making the garment make it more pleasing to El?

Hot Dog Day 80 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 5, 2017

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
We can call her a badass once we've solidly voted to commit heresy.

Thus, G! Our explanation is we refuse to free women from the Bnaimokt only to place them in another form of oppression.

e:

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

G, but make sure the first complete garment she makes is offered as a sacrifice to El, for wouldn't the effort and time put into making the garment make it more pleasing to El?

You want the other slash, but that would be an excellent gesture I think.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Why is the "priest" using a tent for personal use when others could be sheltered?

How many people could you cloth with the tents?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Unrelated but I missed out on the last vote so

quote:

I TOO DEMAND PHYSICAL FORM! BUT NOT TO BOW BEFORE SOME PRETENDER! THE MORTALS SHALL BOW BEFORE ME, AND OUR PROBLEMS SHALL BE RESOLVED!"

Contemplate that El would very probably be incredibly pleased with the sacrifice of anyone who would subjugate man, if any of the Sebitti needed a sacrifice to show their fealty...

Also to demand a human sacrifice is the highest blasphemy in the eyes of El. Eremiel is very obviously been possessed/corrupted by/a demon should be put on an altar regardless

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 5, 2017

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Toughy posted:

Why is the "priest" using a tent for personal use when others could be sheltered?

How many people could you cloth with the tents?

No one seems aware that Arandus was doing this, apparently it's a new development? The only person able to give you a clear answer is a man named Ilanum, one of the elders and someone you recognize as one of the bodyguards from the last time you and Arandus spoke. He's easily towers above you, and despite the lack of nourishment is physically imposing, a clear sign he is blooded. "Arandus is has defaced the tent of the enemies symbols and sanctified it in the name of El. It is being used as a shrine, and place of healing and study. A more important use would you say than merely clothing a handful of the people of El in useless finery?"

When you ask Belessa how many people should could hope to cloth with a simple tent, she replies. "When I found and unfurled the tent it I counted it nearly two men high and twenty men wide. That counts not all adornment upon it, I could easily makes clothes for a third of us."

alpaca diseases posted:

Contemplate that El would very probably be incredibly pleased with the sacrifice of anyone who would subjugate man, if any of the Sebitti needed a sacrifice to show their fealty...

Also to demand a human sacrifice is the highest blasphemy in the eyes of El. Eremiel is very obviously been possessed/corrupted by/a demon should be put on an altar regardless

Eremiel has never asked you sacrifice a human for his resurrection, living or dead. He has committed heresy and blasphemy but this is something he hasn't done.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Find the biggest baddest of the 'women are less than men' faction, let him prove it by making a woman submit to him in combat. If he can make the strongest woman submit, then it prove women are not fit to participate in society as man does. If she can beat him, then things have to change.

Once he has agreed let the women choose their champion. Remind them that Anael is woman.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

FaustianQ posted:

Eremiel has never asked you sacrifice a human for his resurrection, living or dead. He has committed heresy and blasphemy but this is something he hasn't done.

Oh true, my mistake I thought he asked/implied we'd need one when it was actually ourselves thinking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Z the IVth posted:

G maximum heresy.

• Locked thread