Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Where any of the runs between Castlevania and now good?

Everything but Okami, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dis astranagant posted:

Everything but Okami, really.

Okami wasn't good? I was hoping to see that one but passed out before it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Okami wasn't good? I was hoping to see that one but passed out before it.

The couch was dead and the speed tech turns it into a walking simulator. Total yawnfest.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

dis astranagant posted:

The couch was dead and the speed tech turns it into a walking simulator. Total yawnfest.

aw, ok :smith:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And let's not forget the 10 minute long oob pause buffering extravaganza. Technically impressive but visually it looks like someone plugged in one of those lovely third party controllers with "slomo" that just autofires the start button and let it run on a blank screen.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Okami is a great game but sadly boring speedrun.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Does vulajin really hate lttp randomizer or something

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Does vulajin really hate lttp randomizer or something

I almost wrote something to support him here but then I remembered he's the guy who is always pushing Demon Chocobo, so I didn't

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TeaJay posted:

I almost wrote something to support him here but then I remembered he's the guy who is always pushing Demon Chocobo, so I didn't

Demon Chocobo is our lord and savior and I will have no bad words against him :colbert:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How was the Actraiser run? I am figuring it was Pro mode since the regular mode might be too slow with the Simulator stuff.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Rirse posted:

How was the Actraiser run? I am figuring it was Pro mode since the regular mode might be too slow with the Simulator stuff.

No, they actually did a story mode playthrough! First time I've seen a non Pro mode playthrough, had some interesting quirks to it and I learned some mechanics I wasn't aware of, but sadly it didn't really add much to the experience.

Still was a good run with great execution.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Just VOD'd Symphony of the Night, a nice and fast run which was kinda refreshing since I don't think I've seen any% glitchless ran at least recent years. Plus it was a WR.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

TeaJay posted:

Just VOD'd Symphony of the Night, a nice and fast run which was kinda refreshing since I don't think I've seen any% glitchless ran at least recent years. Plus it was a WR.

He set WR earlier in the practice room. On stream was slower than that but the fastest recorded run.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I remember hearing elsewhere that both Breath of the Wild and Specter of Torment are runs that can be included if donation incentives are met. Problem is I can't find this anywhere on the site.

Is there anywhere these are listed? I'm curious what the goals are and am interested in throwing down some cash to help Specter of Torment see play.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They mentioned it at the start of the marathon, and they will come up as donation incentives about a day prior to when they would be run.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

I remember hearing elsewhere that both Breath of the Wild and Specter of Torment are runs that can be included if donation incentives are met. Problem is I can't find this anywhere on the site.

Is there anywhere these are listed? I'm curious what the goals are and am interested in throwing down some cash to help Specter of Torment see play.

If you click the donate link on https://gamesdonequick.com/ there's a searchable list of all the incentives that you can put your donation towards. Selecting one will show you the details, including when it would hopefully be run. I think Specter of Torment was just added to that list? Not sure when BotW is.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ah, ok, cool, I hadn't checked the donation page itself. That seems to be the only place it shows up. I hope they do mention it on stream because currently it seems Specter of Torment only has $5 towards it's $15k goal. :(

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Unless things have changed in recent years I think it's still very rare for bonus game incentives not to be met unless they're set stupidly high? The announcers push them pretty heavily. I don't actually remember the last time they missed one.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

How are we money-wise compared to AGDQ? I don't have a good sense of the donation progress during the event.

NRVNQSR posted:

Unless things have changed in recent years I think it's still very rare for bonus game incentives not to be met unless they're set stupidly high? The announcers push them pretty heavily. I don't actually remember the last time they missed one.

Yeah I've never seen one be missed. Usually Yetee jumps in and drops a huge donation if things are looking hairy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

JerikTelorian posted:

How are we money-wise compared to AGDQ? I don't have a good sense of the donation progress during the event.

Yeah I've never seen one be missed. Usually Yetee jumps in and drops a huge donation if things are looking hairy.

At the moment we're $11,000 behind compared to this time last agdq, according to http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq17/

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Pakled posted:

At the moment we're $11,000 behind compared to this time last agdq, according to http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq17/

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq-comparison/ he made a nice comparison chart this time around

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Agdq is usually much bigger than sgdq, isn't it?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Captain Invictus posted:

Agdq is usually much bigger than sgdq, isn't it?

It's been all over the place, last year SGDQ actually beat AGDQ, but that was also the first (and so far only) year AGDQ had less than the previous year, so it's hard to say.

I personally will be somewhat surprised if we don't hit 2 million for this one judging from our current pace, but I don't know if it'll be more than AGDQ again.

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 3, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Nice $50k from The Yetee :boom:

Their shirts are legitimately good, A+++ will continue buying!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

JerikTelorian posted:

Speak of the devil...

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Apparently the timer was running slow for all games before Super Monkey Ball. Some runs will be retimed manually and runners will be informed on their results.

https://twitter.com/gamesDoneQuick/status/881947428274020353
https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/6l1052/the_sgdq2017_stopwatch_on_screen_is_running_too/djqb55z/

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Add Fladervy & Punchy's Freedom planet run on the recommendation list if you happened to miss it.

e: Also Gyre's Astal run. Great commentary, beautiful game.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 4, 2017

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Did the Metroid Prime run show off anything new, or was it just a retread of the same (admittedly insane) tricks?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/yachtclubgames/status/881979425041989632

:buddy:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Freedom Planet run was sick, def going on the recommendations once I start typing those up.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

KennyMan666 posted:

Freedom Planet run was sick, def going on the recommendations once I start typing those up.
Yeah, that was some of the best commentary I've ever seen at a GDQ coupled with an extremely tight run.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The listing is wrong for Sonic CD. It's Tails Good Future %

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Bloody Pom posted:

Did the Metroid Prime run show off anything new, or was it just a retread of the same (admittedly insane) tricks?

It was mostly the same the run and tricks. There are some differences in the route but nothing like new glitches or anything.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

The listing is wrong for Sonic CD. It's Tails Good Future %

They fixed it. It was a donation incentive.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, that was some of the best commentary I've ever seen at a GDQ coupled with an extremely tight run.

I know I said this on the other thread, but I'll repost it again.

quote:

Gonna disagree with the thread here, but I didn't really like the commentary (sorry S&P). Seriously, calm down, let the game and other commentator speak a little on their own. Not everything needs to be pointed out or congratulated on.

It didn't ruin the run or anything, but I'd seriously suggest slowing it down. The run itself was still great though.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ventana posted:

I know I said this on the other thread, but I'll repost it again.

It didn't ruin the run or anything, but I'd seriously suggest slowing it down. The run itself was still great though.

Yeah, I'm okay with S&P toning it down a smidge for future runs, but I still really enjoyed watching it overall.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

UraniumAnchor posted:

It's been all over the place, last year SGDQ actually beat AGDQ, but that was also the first (and so far only) year AGDQ had less than the previous year, so it's hard to say.

I personally will be somewhat surprised if we don't hit 2 million for this one judging from our current pace, but I don't know if it'll be more than AGDQ again.

Yeah, but will SGDQ 2017 be harnessing the dark power of anime like AGDQ did? :ohdear:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DizzyBum posted:

Nice $50k from The Yetee :boom:

Their shirts are legitimately good, A+++ will continue buying!

Yup, Yetee makes quality poo poo. I feel like the handful of Yetee shirts I've bought over the years have held up better than the various other tshirts I've ended up with.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I think fangamer shirts are generally better -- softer fabric and inks -- but the yetee is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

I think fangamer shirts are generally better -- softer fabric and inks -- but the yetee is pretty good.

I've never gotten Fangamer shirts. I'll have to keep them in mind.

• Locked thread