Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Man! It feels like the last one just ended and here we are again.

There are a ton of runs I'm looking forward to this year, so many that I feel like trying to list them all would just be too overwhelming.

Looking forward to adding more cool T-shirts to my collection; The Yetee uses really nice materials and they always have a few good designs.

...I really gotta go to one of these sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

The Yetee SGDQ shirts are up. I am absolutely getting Phazon Glitch.

Sweet!

I like Automatons, Knightmare, and Phazon Glitch.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Demicol posted:

I think the shirts are pretty weak this time. Only one I'd buy is Knightmare but I already have the Dark Souls shirt from AGDQ.

I like the FF7 shirt but not in white. Same with the AGDQ character shirt, I'd buy it if it wasn't bright green.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Whoops, almost forgot to install Streamlink and the GUI. These programs are great!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Nice $50k from The Yetee :boom:

Their shirts are legitimately good, A+++ will continue buying!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

The listing is wrong for Sonic CD. It's Tails Good Future %

They fixed it. It was a donation incentive.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ventana posted:

I know I said this on the other thread, but I'll repost it again.

It didn't ruin the run or anything, but I'd seriously suggest slowing it down. The run itself was still great though.

Yeah, I'm okay with S&P toning it down a smidge for future runs, but I still really enjoyed watching it overall.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

I think fangamer shirts are generally better -- softer fabric and inks -- but the yetee is pretty good.

I've never gotten Fangamer shirts. I'll have to keep them in mind.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

people tell literally anyone who commentates FP this and I'm basically 100% convinced it's an unavoidable reality of talking about that game so nah. If the game is different, I can slow it down, but FP isn't that game.

My twitter has gone apeshit about the run so I'm perfectly content with my performance. Thank you all.

It seems like it went over really well so it's fine. Not saying I didn't like it!

I just hope the other commentator didn't feel shut out or anything.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

In case you don't feel like digging through Twitter, I compiled an imgur album of all the #got2Bradical art I could find since yesterday (excluding a couple Twitter GIFs):

http://imgur.com/a/xjw2d

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I Am Bread absolutely needs to go in the recommended runs list. Hilarious game.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I would also recommend the DK64 run for being so broken and silly, and also OOOHHH BANANAS.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, last marathon the Super Metroid hack run ended up being way more entertaining than the traditional race.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Here's my updated list of recommendations based on runs I've seen. (plenty of runs I've missed others have deemed good.)

- NieR with Halfcoordinated - solid opener, HC just had so much fun and the PUNS, the PUNS
- Strider HD - very fast paced action, execution, mashing, OOB - that's what a speedrun is about
- E.V.O. Search for Eden - a history lesson with Darkwing Duck featuring kung-fu Dino-People and a caveman SpikeVegeta
- Freedom Planet - Solid performance from Fladervy and top-notch commentary from Punchy
- Astal - beautiful game with great commentary from Gyre
- Clustertruck - nonstop truck action with Twitch chat & dev trolling
- Silent Hill 2 - funny couch, funny commentary, hijinxs, surprise ending
- Shuriken - it's Goon Central! blink and you miss it!
- Ninja Gaiden (SMS) - Time for some Soothingplumtea, but only if you love video games!
- Bucky O'Hare - HARD MODE. You die in one hit. Great execution, great game.
- StarTropics - Again, I love this game, might be biased, but it was a good run, with tributes to english sailors and overly long maze-like hallways

Please add Jackal to this list:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kero Blaster! :getin:

This has been a pretty chill run. I forgot that Pixel made a new game. Good music.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Studio's Bleed 2 run so far has been intense as gently caress.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Prince of Persia run was great. Good runner with a great voice and personality, fun tricks, good times all around.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Welp, guess I'll be watching LTTP later! :v: Wish I could have caught it live but I had work today.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Came home specifically to watch Star Wars Jedi Knight II which was supposed to start at 20.30, and instead it started at 19.37. Kinda peeved about that :(

TeaJay posted:

PWA HA HA HA HA

Covertmuffin is great and his runs are great

TAKE A BATH

Awww, I really wanted to catch CovertMuffin live. :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Recommending the entire KF2FM run for being really entertaining and intense, with a fantastic couch (SpikeVegeta!) and bonus of Disney songs.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So we're only a few runs away from the end. I think it's been a fantastic week. :)

Curiously, have there been any runs to completely avoid this time around? Because I can't think of any.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Definitely recommending the Earthbound run. Excellent run of an excellent game, with good commentary and couch banter throughout, and a good pick for the final game. Also a few funny moments thanks to name incentives.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just watched Super Panga World. Awesome run, really funny banter, great audience participation, and I like how they came in so far under estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Coolguye posted:

What run had to be euthanized this year

I saw that on the bingo card but missed which one it was

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

• Locked thread