Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dunban posted:

Looking forward to this, as always. Shame that the start of the marathon is a bit weak imo, but oh well. Glad I've got Thursday and Friday off work.

Greetings from Germany

Not regreting having to work tomorrow when all I would miss is Halo. I will catch Nier later through, as half-coordinated is a cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How was the Actraiser run? I am figuring it was Pro mode since the regular mode might be too slow with the Simulator stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of the Final Fantasy speed runs, have they ever done Final Fantasy V at GDQ? It seems like the late release ones like that, 2, and 3 (JP both) never been run at any of the years I been watching this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It was two hours or so but I suggest the Donkey Kong 64 run. It had a fun couch, show a lot of stuff off, and was funny as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Glum posted:

Did any runs get cut? Even after the massive delays from Tetris and all that, it looks like the later runs are shifted an hour closer than I remember before sleeping last night :confuoot:

So far the only runs to die is a setup time that would been used for Portal 2 co-op with one person. Super Hot is in danger due to issues with the runner flight and the new time it occurs.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Meanwhile the Super Metroid 'race' got dropped to a 1% run very quickly by a bitter Phantoon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

According to Super Metroid expert Patty, they both died to Botwoon.

I thought it was Phantoon who killed two of the runners? Botwoon is the snake in Marina that I guess nearly got the final runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There one announcer bit I liked in the Majora Mask run right before the final boss where the runner is asking if the blindfold 5 million bit thing was met and she was "it a....little off. Let just say you don't need the blindfold.".

• Locked thread