Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - At the Edge of the Crater
FP: 14

Hakon looked upon Daor and the new thrall. His annoyance at the apparently failure of his plans evaporating as Daor demonstrated his new power. He did not even bother to speak as he mentally issued orders to his new First. [You will use your powers to gather as many thralls for me as you can while avoiding detection. Ensure that their conversion is total, that every fiber of their being is devoted only to me. I have need of powerful and useful slaves to make up for what was lost in the tower.]

Once the order was acknowledged, Hakon turned and proceeded to head to where his other thralls were gathering.

Ordering Daor to use his new powers as the First of Hakon[+2] to gather thralls without tipping off the new regime, and heading out to the rendezvous point with the thralls that evacuated from the bunker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Isiah Incipio - Near Dread Legion HQ, Slate-Iron City

From across the city, Lich's Bane whispered in Isiah Incipio's ear. He could not hear it clearly but the blade's desire for its wielder was clear all the same. Obedient to its urging, he hurried across town to see what had gone wrong.

checking in on my sword

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11

He stared at her a moment after she had dressed. This had not quite been his intent but what was done was done. “We are linked by my divine power and our thirst for vengeance. We will march on the North, this Kingdom of Ice. First we must find and end the Dracolich. Then we will lay waste to the Slavers of this Realm.”

Priorities, moving out. Finish off the Dracolich then we get frosty.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Party
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well that certainly wasn't ominous or anything. Amerigo began to wonder if this idiot wasn't going to try to feed some or all of the party to the Dolgar. There's a line forming to talk to the guy, but he can't figure out a way to turn this to his advantage. On the other hand, it appears Lady Argo is still interested and it might be for the best to-oh to hell with the justification. He might/probably will die horribly tonight, lets have fun while it lasts. Amerigo would have to move soon after this, but for now, he'll live in the moment.

Dance, but try to keep a peripheral view of what the lord is doing.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Tour of the City

"You're a natural!" Riley told Mindy. Teaching Mindy to dream walk was both fun and challenging for Riley. "Next time we'll learn how to ride Charlie and Pepper."

When Riley awoke, she reassembled her retinue, minus the aid workers and plus Halrn this time. "Hey big guy, how's it going with the Landrat? Still no resurrections tonight, sorry. My magic's still recharging. But I've got something else I want to do. I want to see how the rebuilding is going, and how folks are holding up. I want to see and hear them myself. We'll go in disguise, so we don't make a scene every place we go."

Then Riley turned to Meek. "Good having you with us. How are you? And, please, you can be as honest as you like."

RIley tours the city in disguise with her small party to make her appraisal of the situation. Sneaky [+2].

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Nikita Update posted:

Nikita - ?
FP: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktoNHrSjrCM

Nikita enters a clearing, the music was in the air but seemed to come softly from everywhere. Before him was woman as he entered the area she smiled at him. "Greetings outsider. Before you ask me your questions, I must ask one of you first. Are you a champion of evil?"

Do you lie or tell the truth? Also: WHAT CRYSTAL?????! WHERE??

Hakon Update posted:

Hakon - Outside Slate Iron City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OA2mqTv5o

Daor immediately went to bring new thralls into the fold. As Hakon walked he soon found the area where his remaining people had gathered. Upon seeing him, they all fell on their knees bowing down as low as they could go. The could recognize him. His godly nature. They all knew in their hearts that he was the truegod. The one and only god!

Ordering Daor to use his new powers as the First of Hakon[+2] to gather thralls without tipping off the new regime, and heading out to the rendezvous point with the thralls that evacuated from the bunker.

Isiah Update posted:

Isiah Incipio - Near Ground Zero, Slate Iron City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6AGU8TcBs

The energy within the blade crackled and whipped at the undead around it. Dropping the bodies as if the strings were cut. The bodies raised again only to be re-slain in an odd cycle. The black rain of dark particles were now racing into the blade. Its appearance had changed and it crackled with black and purple lightning.
<"Draw the sword. Claim your destiny."> A voice whispered in Isiah's head.
The living soldiers had withdrawn to a safe distance where Isiah now stood. On the the officers asked, "It has been behaving strangely since you left it here Lord. It killed the others horribly and keeps killing them and any dead we send in. We were going to send for you but then you arrived. What do you want us to do?"

Take the blade Y/N?

Patak Update posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCT4SC91tw

"Yes. That business is unfinished as well. He has killed too many." He voice dripped with a hardness that was almost physical. She turned East of their position and pointed. "There." A red light traced off into the distance showing the way. Horse whinnied and clawed the air with his six legs, the smell of war tingling in its nostrils. Cait smiled grimly. "It will not survive." She clenched her fist and looked to Patak. "Uh..whenever you want to go that is." She seemed to realize she was being quite dramatic and was slightly embarrassed.

FYI: You are justice, she got the dark side of that: Vengeance. Due to the crystal.

"Amerigo's Update posted:

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUUF-nUfs8

Lady Argo clapped with glee as she took Amerigo's arm. Amerigo soon found that the lady was a very fine dancer indeed. Soon he found himself quite enjoying the experience between glances at the Lord's receiving line. Soon Amerigo found that other dancing couples had moved to the sides of the ballroom floor. He and Lady Argo were the center of attention! The Lord had turned to look at them. Soon the music ended and the Lady Argo and Amerigo had applause and shouts of "brava and bravo!" Thundered through the hall. The lady curtseyed and to keep up appearances Amerigo bowed. The crowd soon came back to the dance floor as the Lady and Amerigo walked over to a set of chairs so she could rest and get refreshment. A gold clad servant in a piggish mask brought fine wine to the couple and whispered in Amerigo's ear. "What are you doing? He's seen you and you have his curiosity now." The man's mask dipped. It was V-fred. He slipped it back into place. "Get your head into the game, you're running out of time to stop this." V-Fred disappeared quickly into the crowd. It would not do to see servants talk to their betters. The Lady Argo looked into Amerigo's eyes deeply. Her chest heaving behind her corset. "I've not met a man like you before, I wasn't sure about you but..." She bit her lip and looked at him demurely. "I like your attention."

The rest of what she was saying kind of got lost to Amerigo's ears as another song began, this time a loud one. The Lord himself had taken to the floor, an enchanting beauty on his arm that put all others in the room to shame.

What do?

Riley Update posted:

Riley - Tour of the City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ome6XI_KuIw

Halrn shrugged. "There's the usual grift and graft politicking and jockeying for position under the new regime." At Riley's idea to tour the town and reconstruction Halrn arranged her and his disguises for the trip.

Meek shrugged. One tyrant was the same as another. "Nothing worse than what we had before. Nothing better. We all just have less of everything now. People, materials, money, power. Etc."

Halrn and Riley made their way the flute began to grow warm in her pocket. Almost charged. Most unrest and crime in the city was brutally put down by Isiah's forces living or otherwise. There were some random disappearances since the church of darkness had imploded a bit ago but people chalked it up to folks leaving the city. The rumors of a dark cloaked man with mesmerizing eyes were discounted as old wives tales to scare children. The hospital had been integrated along with other public buildings and institutions. Construction and cleanup was going to take a very long time. The city was huge and ancient. Undead crews worked around the clock though and soon a central hub of sorts was created. Everything that the Dread Overlord possessed was well lit and patrolled. However there were the "dark" areas of the city. Some say that monsters were unleashed in all the apocalyptic magical releases. Others that a tall woman stalked the outer areas with wolves, asking if they had seen her goddaughter killing all but one to tell the tale...

RIley tours the city in disguise with her small party to make her appraisal of the situation. Sneaky [+2].

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

Nikita crossed his arms and set his jaw. An odd question to ask.

"No. But who considers their own actions to be evil? It...nevermind. I'll spare you the philosophical navel gazing. I've never had much patience for it." He shook his head and continued. "However. I have done evil in the past. And though it was not by my will, the blame is still mine for being too weak to prevent it. So I would not call myself a champion of anything. I am simply a man with the power to help others, and I do so as well as I am able. "

He looked away for a moment.

"It rarely seems enough." He returned his gaze to the woman. "Who are you, and where is this place? I was in the bowels of a forgotten city, and laid hands upon a strange alter only to find myself here. Regardless of anything else, I am concerned about the partner I left behind."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Isiah Incipio growled angrily at the challenge. "I have already claimed you once by right of conquest. I am not afraid to do so again." His yellow eyes glared down at the glowing bone blade. "If you cross me now I will rip the marrow from your insides as I ripped you from the chest of a Lich." So accustomed had the Dreadlord become to violence that he did not consider it odd to be threatening an inanimate object.

He stretched out his hand and began to draw Lich's Bane from the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J3VeogFUOs

Reclaiming my sword.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon looked over the kneeling masses, and was struck at how correct this all was, how this is the way the entire world should be, and one day would be. With a mere thought, his half-ogre head guard took position to act as a makeshift throne for his master. Once he was seated, Hakon looked over his slaves, looking for those who had the aptitude to be his priests. As he identified them, they were called before him one by one. Each was commanded to make a demonstration of their devotion, to show they loved their god enough to be worthy of becoming one of his priests. If he deemed their words and actions sufficient, he would mark their soul and claim them as his priest, blessed with the power to free people from the curse of free will and share with the world the bliss of becoming his devoted slaves.

Selecting those thralls who possess the aptitude to be priests, and marking them as Hakon's priests. Domination[+2]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - The Northern Badlands
Flaw Points: 9

Emilio did not flinch, an impressive feat to pull in the situation even if one knew what was coming. He bowed with a flourish, teeth gleaming white.

"I bid you welcome to this mortal realm of ours, o' Lord", he begun, "And am happy, yes, most happy indeed that you see it worth your time to converse with me! For this is the exact reason why I took it upon myself to contact you, my lord. To talk. To converse. To deal."

Emilio grinned wide, "Yes indeed, you have heard me right my lord, to deal. Me, with you. And before you strike me down for impudence, I beg of you prudence, for this is not mere tricks of mortal magi I peddle, oh no, what I have is something much more. I can bring upon the World Miracles even great ones like you would find worthwhile, oh yes. As long as I get my pay in return, and we deal without extortion or duress, I can weave great deeds, great deeds indeed, for I am Emilio, the Merchant of Wonders."

"So whether it be intrigue or agenda in your own World, or ours, I am sure we can find an arrangement we can both benefit from."

"So what say you, my Lord? Anything at all in the wide world this humble salesman can interest you in?"

Merchant [+4] for merchant speak, Social Chameleon [+2] to not blubber and cry because a Giant Demon exploded out of a man. The Demon can read emotions and intent, here is what he should then be able to tell: Emilio's GREED is very real, he is largely unafraid and strangely confident in his chances. His intent is to make a deal for his own empowerment and benefit.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 11, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Patak gave her a long stare. "Well let's get going. The dragon isn't going to slay itself."

Noting Dark Crystal Echo shenanigans, heading on to finish my last Mortal Quest.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - End of the Tour

At the description of current political events from Halrn and Meek, Riley rolled her eyes. "What a bunch of schmucks. Ok, here's what we'll do for them. We're going to make two houses of the Landrat. The politico hacks in there now will be the Upper House. They can sit in the fancier chairs and cut the ribbons at brothel openings, but they're going to be our finely-dressed puppets. No political power for them. But the Lower House, we're going to fill that through sortition, regular folks cast by lots to represent their neighborhoods. They'll serve short, single terms with a recall process if their constituents think they're incompetent or corrupt. I want the Lower House as independent from the triumvirate as possible. They should decide the charter, and eventually the city's taxes and budget. I'm convinced that people who feel close to their government will work smarter, fight harder, and dream bigger than a citizen-slave. And I'm convinced the old political class of this city is cancer."

At the end of the tour, Riley looked disturbed by the reports of sightings of her godmother. "Ah poo poo, I was hoping she'd just keep haunting my dreams instead of showing up. Do any of you know who she might be? She sounds like a fairy queen and pretender goddess in this realm. Ring any bells? The murders I can rectify, but I get the feeling she's going to be a bigger and bigger problem if left alone. I've tried talking to her; she just got murderous. This time I want to try a trap. And I don't want to complicate things by involving the Dread Lord, if we can help it. So what are our options and assets, if we need to ambush an ice queen?"

Caufman fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 11, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

V-Man's comment snaps him back into reality. Funtime was over, it was finally, for the first time since he came here, an opportunity to put a bad man out of business. He takes the woman aside, "Lady Argo, I had a wonderful time, but I must go, and things might get a little crazy in the next few moments, promise me if they do, you can find your security and make haste out of here." He really didn't want any harm to come to her, and civilian casualties were always a threat when inciting a mob, but what else could he do?

Not waiting to explain, Amerigo hurries out a side door. He had been in the building before, and he remembered a way to the balcony above the dance floor. He pushes through the curtain. Alright, nothing for it, it was do or die. Amerigo feels the weight of the Tactica strung against the inside of his outfit. He would use its powers in a moment, but now it was time for old fashioned rabble rousing. He would have to do it quickly, before the Lord's goons overwhelmed him.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF GRENMALK CITY, YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED." He pauses waiting for the incredible awkwardness to silence the room. "FOR BEFORE YOU IS A MAN WHO HAS SOLD THE CITY TO A DEMON BELOW THE MANOR, and will sell YOU to its slavering maw! Tell us, oh great Lord, of the Dolgar and your demonic pact of souls for gold!"

Getting the crowd's attention and riling them up with [Full Frontal Liberty+4], next turn, If I can, I'll pop the Tactica with a speech written in it and hopefully get a full blown revolt started.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 11, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXtujxT9rzA

Nikita - ?

The woman frowned at Nikita for a moment. The returned her gaze to the birds and then the music. She didn't speak for a long time. "She will be fine. You're in my domain." She regarded Nikita again oddly. "I don't know of any forgotten city. No one has called out to me or used the gateway in a very long time as people outside measure such things. You may call me Ada. I was once known by that name. This place is small and merely a pocket plane. When you go, may I come with you?"

A prison or a godly penthouse? Who is this woman who would travel with a strange traveler?

The blade resisted. Isiah suddenly found he could not pull it forth. <"Face us."> The blade whispered its power warped and bloated from all of the dead it controlled and now absorbing the remnants of the darkfall and residual crystal energy. <"We will become the master, and YOU the slave.">

This will now be a battle of wills. The sword in absence of someone to control it has re-awakened its consciousness. It can't use necromancy on you so the divine domain will not come into play on its behalf. You can use mortal qualities for best effect in this mental fight.

Hakon's words had a frenzying effect and slaves almost. (almost) Were going to kill one another over this honor and blissful new submission to their god. However they knew HE would not want THAT. And so the cream rose to the top and Hakon had the most fit, loyal, and worthy to become his priests. The process was not gentle, but the thralls did not care. Those that died did so smiling. Those that did not...became priests. Things that were beyond effortless to Daor were hard work for normal priests. The less of Hakon there was in a priest, the less effective they would be. But more devoted and less...free. While they had more autonomy than normal or true-thrall-slaves, they were able to dominate several people as normal thralls and one person as a truethrall a day. "Bestowing the blessing" to only the worthy and those worked over in the conditioning pits who were ready and willing to become thralled to the One God.

The Hakonite Religion is born. Daor is a lesser version of Hakon, Priests are lesser versions of that, True-Thralls are what Doar and your top tier slaves used to be, their minds linked to Priests and then Daor for control, Hakon can push orders through the minds directly to priests and they on down. There are limits to the number of ppl the priest can do, none for Daor.

The village was wreckage, the Slate-Iron soldiers and magi dead. The people slaughtered. Right down to the livestock. It was the next one of many the last couple of days. Cait and Patak road Horse his tireless legs and their own lack of needing rest keeping them all going. They were getting closer an the sounds of the beast could be heard in the distance as roars of anguish and hate. Cait dismounted. Then sent a spiral of flame into the sky that could be seen for miles with a shout of challenge.

Silence reined until a roar echoed from far away. It was so loud though that distance didn't matter and the pebbles on the ground shook.

Purple light illuminated a titanic bone dragon, its eyes blazed with unnatural power and a malignant intelligence.

Its attacking!

Riley - End of the Tour

The lords of the Upper-house sent several sealed messages to Dreadlord Isiah that went unanswered in his absence, and the lower house seemed to be working out. Halrn got back to Riley after doing some research with the city's surviving mages and sages. He blew out a deep breath. "Ok, if you're in deep with the Lady of Winter and Queen of all the Fae in this realm...you're screwed. From a Fae perspective when she helped you, you owed her everything. That's the law of the Fae. However, as her ward she also is responsible for your development and you are under her protection. As that's what she owes you but if you try to break this deal or reject that as her ward and subject she can break or kill you. You're lucky she gave you useful powers instead of just offering you a sandwich when you were hungry. You could have ended up working until you were an old woman knitting for her or if you died your soul working off the rest of your honor debt."

He thought for a moment. "I mean you could try to kill her, but even if you did do you realize the dark poo poo she keeps in line that isn't Fae from eating this world alive? And who's to say any of her daughters would be kinder or different? They'd be honor bound to ruin and torment you eternally for killing the queen or anyone else they sent for you. The good part is that if you don't disrespect her or return anything she gave you you'll be ok. She might even send the Wild Hunt after you. And from what the lab boys were telling me, they're inter-dimensional warlords that hunt demigods and lesser gods for sport."

He sat down in a chair as Pepper and Charlie began doing a little dance for him, fighting over a tiny pillow. "I know you said not to involve Isiah, but we will need some heavy hitters to put her down and the six are dead or in hiding so I'm not sure who else we can get to settle this."

"Another option would be to try and bargain your way out of it, the fae will make a deal if its good enough. They're not idiots though and trying to offer her nothing for something will likely get everyone close to you killed."

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The lord smirked as the music died and the people began to murmer. Then he began to clap slowly. Soon other people joined in, clapping louder and louder. "What a performance!" the lord said. "Truely the theater group we hired this year will be as grand as this. I even believed it!" He laughed and other people laughed with him. He stared daggers at Amrigo as if to say take that. The crowd initially was about to believe Amerigo but then their minds got changed. It seemed the lord could play a crowd too.

Time for a duel! With words and swaying the mob/crowd! The lord is at a disadvantage with Leader [+2] vs your ability. He just rolled well this round.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"yES, tHERE iS sOMETHING." A strange warped effect came from the creature's voice. Not backwards in speech, but oddly inverted-ly warped with meaning. "oPEN uS A pORTAL/rIFT hOME. i cAN oFFER yOU sAFETY fROM mYSELF aND aLL mY kIND uNTIL tHE eND oF tHE wORLD."

The tome in Emilio's hands quivered. Either in ecstasy or fear he did not know.

Depravity time. This is optional but I remind you that Emilio is greedy. To erase all 9 of your flaw points and complete 100% GM protection from all the adversary's forces until the end of the world.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

"Nikita. Pleased to meet you." He nodded politely at her introduction. "I don't know why I would have any authority over where you may or may not go, or with whom. But so long as you mean no harm to me or mine you are free to accompany me as you please. To clarify; I was in a city called Arcadia. Wholly devoid of life, save for an overseer by the name of Golobulous. Within a central building was a chapel full of mummified people. The only actual bodies in the whole place so far as I can tell."

He glanced about before continuing. He wasn't sure of anything here, and the vague suspicions he had of what this was made the next admission all the more awkward. "The shrine and surrounding walls had been defaced. It seems those dead men felt very strongly about something." His tone was not accusatory, simply informative. If this Ada was the individual the shrine was originally dedicated too...well, what of it? Perhaps she had been unjustly maligned. Or perhaps that vague warning about the light pertained to her somehow. Either way he was at her mercy.

"So, Lady Ada. How does one leave this place? I won't deny it has its charms, but I cannot linger. There are troubles about in the world. Though I have doubts about my ability to stop them, someone has to."

The thought of Jade and her unborn child, or Captain Marlo and all those other folk becoming mindless thralls under Hakon. Reanimated corpses commanded by Isiah. His blood boiled at the thought of it. What had happened to those men to twist them so much that they thought nothing of using people like that?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

"I am no man's slave! I killed you once Archlich Nheg'vaed, and I will kill you again!" Many men and women had tried to turn Prince Isiah's mind to their own ends. All had failed. Even the sorceress had failed to keep him captive in a world of his own dreams. Isiah well knew how to defend his mind from blandishments both subtle and overwhelming. A man's mind was a forest at night, and Isiah's more so than most.

If Lich's Bane wanted to make him its slave, it would have to come in and get him. It would have to fight past brambles with piercing thorns. Could the Archlich find his way? Would he be able to follow the secret trails, or would he stick to one of the many clear and easy paths that deadended in a sinkhole? Could the Archlich navigate to the heart of Isiah's forest and confront him before the beasts that howled in the wilderness found Nheg'vaed? Isiah was not just a prince of men, but also of wolves, and their claws were sharp indeed within the forbidding vastness of Prince Isiah's mind.

Moving the mental battle to a recreation of the Forest Kingdom and trying to trap the blade there
Warrior Prince (of the Forest Kingdom)+4
Werewolf +2

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - A private room in the Guild Hall

Riley nodded along, accepting the gravity of her situation. When Halrn finally finished, she sucked in a lot of air and blew it out with great gusto.

"Yeah, I look screwed from here. But you guys might not be. That still matters to me. Let's take assassination off the table, too. If it comes down to a fight, then we still don't want to topple her, for the reasons you said. We want her to back off, though, to respect our power enough to stop interfering. Let's assume we get the Legion on our side. Are you willing to risk everyone and everything we've saved so far to fight by my side? Because I'm willing to get a head start on running. At least if I get rode down by the Wild Hunt out there, I'll be as far away from our folks as I can manage.

"Or I can bargain with her. But what's she going to ask for that I'd be willing to give? Last time, she wanted to be able to chill my heart at her will. I wasn't having it. Maybe that was too hasty. But it still doesn't sit right with me to let her have that power over me, even for a second. So if I meet with her again, best guess is there's an eighty percent chance it's going to come down to an offer I have to refuse, right? But those odds aren't completely horrible. Talking with her means giving up my head start. But, given everything, I'm willing to risk a final encounter to hear her out.

"But, you know, this is bigger than just my life and death. I'm thinking about our people now. I can't protect our folks if I'm dead or in exile. But at the same time, I've got this huge target on my back that's putting everything at risk. Halrn, it's your home we're talking about. What would you want me to do?"

Then Riley put her hand on her best friend's shoulders and asked, "What would you do if you were me, Mindy? My Godmother is very scary. With all our friends and all our strength, I think she might still beat us. And then we might lose everything. Is the right thing to fight or to run away?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

FP: 14 + 4

Hakon looked over his priests, and then over the rest of his thralls. He sat for a time, thinking of what he desired, how they might be made more fitting to his sight before the idea struck him. With a thought those among his thralls who had experience with the art of tattooing were summoned before him. They were true-thralls their minds open to him, and he took full advantage of it. He put into their minds in exacting detail plans for the complex set tattoos that would be worn by all his slaves. All would have an eye at the center of their forehead and a collar around their throats, but that was only the beginning. Various castes of slaves would be assigned different colors, the red of blood for warriors-slaves, the gold of honor for his priest-slaves, the green of plant life for farmer-slaves, the black of ink for scribe-slaves, the blue of magic for magi-slaves, and the brown of the earth for the general labourer slaves. In addition to the design elements common to all castes, the tattoos would vary within castes, with elements to represent sub-specialty (such as archer vs cavalryman) and rank. With the higher the rank the more ornate the tattoos and the more of the body they covered. Mixed in with the more abstract elements and symbols would be clearer devotionals to Hakon, symbols of his dominion and the wearer’s love for him.

Hakon’s power flowed freely as he poured design and ritual into the minds of the tattooists, these tattoos were to be more than mere identifiers. They would be infused with his power working in synergy with their programming reinforcing and amplifying their love and devotion to him. With these he would complete the transformation of his thralls from the fairly simple programming he has initially instilled in them via the Eye to their new true natures as slaves of Hakon, the One True God.

They would love him with every fiber of their being, so much that there would be no room in their heart for anyone but him. They were not puppets or the imperfect slaves of merely mortal masters, acting only as instructed no more no less, rather their entire being was devoted to the sole purpose of pleasing him. Every action, every word, every thought all would be shaped to be pleasing to him. When given specific orders they would, of course, unquestioningly and automatically obey, but otherwise their minds would be focused on advancing his interests and pleasing him. He was their god, their everything and all, all that really mattered was him, and nothing compared to the utter bliss of serving him. They ate because it allowed him to serve him better, they slept because it would allow them to serve him longer, they procreated so that they could bear a new generation of slaves to serve him even after their time on this world had passed. It pleased him when they were strong, so they would work to ensure their bodies were always in peak condition, their hair and features and clothes, what they said and how they said it were all chosen to please him. He was God, and they worshipped him always with every fiber of their being, they were his slaves and they rejoiced in the honor and blessing of being his.

The tattoos, the act of receiving them, their design, their very makeup would be infused with his power, whether applied here or a thousand generations and a thousand miles from here. Their power would constantly work in concern with the enthrallment process to shape them more and more into his ideal slaves. That he would never truly be satisfied, that he would always demand more love, more adoration, would be like a constant drive for them. His gluttonous desire to own them more and more completely powering the divine magicks he was working making them more potent, creating what would no doubt be a moment that would be marked forever in history, the birth of the slave castes, and the true slaves that would make up their ranks.

Hakon's creating a set of caste tattoos for all his thralls. Castes are color coded (red = warrior, green = farmer, brown = laborer, black = scribe, blue = magic user, and gold = twist) and their design denote specialty and rank.

In addition to their purely aesthetic and organizational function, Hakon’s gluttony is getting the better of him and he is using his divine power to make the tattoos to reshape their programming into what he desires from his slaves now that he is a god (basically bowing and scraping turned up to 11 to the point where they base everything they do from their physique and appearance to their speech patterns on pleasing him).

Domination[+2] and Gluttony[+8]

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11

He chided Cait. “Now who is rushing the battle?” Before backing off to wait for the final Kursed to approach. He knew this had to be ended. This burst of activity had no doubt been born of its sensing the death of the others. Its time had come and it wanted to go down fighting.

Patak tried to focus on the Darkness he had absorbed by destroying the evils of this world. To temporarily mold it into a greatbow of incredible power to launch missiles of the very same darkness that gives it life. Hopefully it did not expect to by attacked by its own Kursed Dark Essence.

Going to use War +2 to shoot it down with Dark Missiles. Cait can hit it with everything she’s got as First of Patak +2 Horse can get me an angle.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Damnation, now it had turned into a name calling contest, suitable for children. Here goes nothing.

"Very well, a lordling, a traitor, a lunatic, and a diabolist walk into a tavern, the bartender serves him a drink." Amerigo quickly glances down at the book, hidden below eyesight of the people below and continues.

"The great bards wrote history occurs first as tragedy, then as farce. When the coffers demanded by Slate-Iron city run dry, what's a lordling to do? Turn to demonic pacts, it seems.

"Ultimately, a person will treat people the way they treat their animals. Still feeding those 'pigs' to the Dolgar, o'lord? Even when they scream, and bed, and plead?" He continues onward, mixing pithy phrases with articles denouncing the lord before turning the guardsmen and reminding them, they they too, get fed to the nightmare downstairs.

Alright, lets counter his mortal quality with a divine one. Amerigo is skimming the [Tactica Transoceania+2] for a combo of the sickest burns and one liners recorded by the bards of the underregions and speed skimming a collection of speeches against noble excess and idiotic governance in general.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Nikita - ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7fe3EGETiA

Ada shrugged when he mentioned the outside. "It has been a long time."

"We can go back the way you came in. There is a spot in the soil where you can stand and then you merely let go of this place." Ada smiled at Nikita, but there was something alien about it. Off. The blasted landscape in this perfect place itched at his mind. Was Ada the original resident here? She had shrugged off the question about outside. But why did they seal the altar away, and the warnings? She knew where the exit was surely. So why did she not take it?

Nheg'vaed laughed. "So that was my name. Thank you. For there is power in names and now I am completed!" Lich's Bane pulsed and the battle was joined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyZSG2ZF9Y

The trap was laid and Lich's bane crashed into Isiah's mind smashing through the forest and the thorns. It wasn't easy but he came crashing through. "Face me!" Nheg'vaed bellowed. Green eldritch beams of light stabbed through the maze of Isiah's mind.

Outside only an instant had passed, a tiny trickle of blood forming around Isiah's nose as time seemed frozen around him betraying the damage he was taking.

Inside his mind the campaign was ongoing for days. The Lich had one the first round, hurting Isiah.

Isiah takes one rank of damage. The struggle is ongoing!

Riley - A private room in the Guild Hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlyv7Zx02cM

Halrn thought for a moment. "You're quite selfish you know Riley. And I have a way of seeing when people aren't being straight with me. You're not telling the truth about what your godmother wanted to do to you. I don't know what that was but its definitely not how you're explaining it. I'm disappointed you feel the need to not be straight with me. We all have to answer to somebody but apparently that doesn't apply to you no matter how much it costs everyone else for a past decision you made."

"Why not take the knee and pay the piper so to speak? Did you think your powers would cost you nothing? You asked for my opionion and I'm going to give it to you. Bow to the will of the Winter Lady."

Harln's bullshit detector is going off. Because that's literally not what was offered and Riley's explanation is extremely far off. It doesn't matter if its on accident or by design. Its an ability of his but anyway, he has another option for you that might not get innocents killed in the crossfire.

FP: 14 + 4

https://youtu.be/mkHIopCeYRY

The slave castes were created, each bearing their marks with ride. For any future births there would be priests present to determine the child's fate as a future thrall-slave. Starting even earlier in a thrall's life would had the added benefit of more worship and devotion, while the current system would increase current slaves to maximum levels of devotion and worship. Indeed hakon

Hakon is a true villain and fiend! A grand success.

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUKS--w4-Zs&t=125s

The bolts struck the Dracolich and glanced off of its darkness. It roared in fury. Cait sent firey blasts at the creature, missing as often as she hit. The undead wurm gurgled its mirth and laughter at their attacks. "I didn't come alone." It hissed.

Cait tackled Patak "LOOK OUT!" she yelled as another massive shape swooped down from on high. "Oh by the crystals..." Cait whispered. It was the Magus. The ancient red dragon was battered and its scales were missing in places. The luster of them had faded to a dull rusty red, a large shaft of metal had pierced through one eye into its brain. The logic and lawfulness of the beast was completely missing leaving only a ruined moster behind.

The Dracolich laughed again. "Surprise! When I found him he was but a lost and rampaging beast. So easy to control its impulses now that its mind is gone. To think, his ancestor was one of the forces responsible for my current condition. Delicious irony..." The dracolich spat a fountain of dark flame as the Magus did the same. Red fire and darkness spread over the area and it was Patak this time that grabbed Cait and ducked behind an outcropping of rock.

The blast of heat was unholy and like the fires of hell while the Dracolich's fire sapped their strength. They were pinned down and the two monsters were beginning to circle Patak's position.

"Time to die humans!" The Dracolich bellowed. The Magus only roared mindlessly.

Boss Battle! It rolled higher on defense, the Magus failed its stealth roll vs Cait even thought it succeded vs Patak. The two monsters failed their rolls to damage Patak or Cait but are walking around their cover.

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The people laughed, mostly nervously. The lord got a more serious look on his face but then recovered. "Oh ho a contest!" He cast of his robe and the orchestra began to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVb0jvnHEpQ

"Vagabond, has-been, never-been
thinks he's a clever man among men
Seems he's just jealous -and his accusations are simply overzealous
Were's the proof?
Just empty words from a low-class youth
What's a Dolgar? Seems our friend here will go far
-Just to try and flame and defame me
But all he will ever be
- is a poser and a wannabe
I have all the class
Your words are simply crass
Now leave my mansion before I have my servants horsewhip your rear end"

Some of the people clap and applaud while others cover their mouths at the sick burns laid on Amerigo. However part of the room shifts nervously, seeing the truth in Amerigo's accusations. They don't start trying to leave or run but Amerigo does note that they look for the exits. It was working, now he just needed to convince the rest.

You sway some, he sways some. There are many undecided. This is a boss battle of a different kind! Keep it up!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11+2=13

“The Magus of Slate-Iron. It presided over a corrupt perversion of a ‘Justice’ system. I left the city to my fellow escapees. From what I can tell they ruined it even before I destroyed the Crystal.” A bit of fire licked a bit too close.

“Cait! Can you conjure or summon a fire elemental? Something to harry the Dracolich while I handle the Magus. If not just keep it distracted. Either way take Horse and keep a step ahead of the Lich.” He gave a sharp whistle to Horse and lept over a gout of red fire.

The most dangerous part of a dragon was its intellect. Without that it was merely a giant ferocious magical beast. It was a dangerous dance to get the angle but it would not be able to understand his own plan. He took aim and channeled his offensive power into a spear made of lightning. That metal spike would make for a prime target to spread the damage deep into its brain and hopefully along its spine. Hopefully the Magus would be stunned if not significantly harmed.

Using my Divine Form +2 to get myself in prime position, War +2 To cast my version of the Miracle Lightning Spear, and Justice +4 towards finishing the Magus for its age of oppressive false Justice and collaboration with monsters like the Dark Cardinal. Total +8 to electro-magically fry its nervous system.

Cait is instructed to use her abilities to summon a powerful fire Elemental, a swarm of lesser ones, or failing that just ride away harrying the Dracolich. She will use First of Patak +2 and Horse’s Mobility + Horse

I suppose defense is either +10 for us combined or +8 for Patak and +4 + Horse for Cait(Her Abilities, War as defensive over the party, Horse’s mobility)

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Into the outer areas

Riley bristled and frowned, exactly like a child being lectured who does not feel like they've done something wrong.

"I appreciate your honest counsel. But I have always tried to be straight with you, Hal, always. There's a lot I don't know, and probably a lot I don't know that I don't know. But I'm not keeping anything from you that I'm aware of."

She mulled her options over for only a few seconds. "Ok, I will see the Queen and plead for her mercy. Best as I can tell, though, a magically chilled heart does not help anyone be less selfish. More productive, maybe, but definitely not more warm. I'm going to see her alone. If she turns me into a monster or a meat popsicle, the good of the city will be on your shoulders." She tried her best to hug Halrn as warmly as before, before the supernatural chill settles in her heart. Hal's BS detector would see if she succeeded.

Before Riley left for the outer areas where the rumors of the Queen placed her, she spent a couple hours playing make-belief with Mindy. Riley made the subtext of all their games about moral dilemmas. In the end, she gave Mindy the noble myth. "There's a lot of people who think the world is theirs for the taking, if they just play the game smart eough. They're wrong. The world wasn't made by them or for them. They'll never hold onto power forever. The world was meant for all, weak and strong, and especially for our youngest brothers and sisters, who don't even know their left feet from their right feet. From there is the only eternal and ultimate power the world will ever know. Always do the right thing."

Riley hugged her best friend tightly and said her goodbyes for now. She told Charlie and Pepper to stay behind and protect Mindy if Riley didn't come back. She packed some provisions in case the encounter was going to take long.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

FP: 1

Eldritch green blasts tore apart the emerald green trees of the Isiah's memory of the Forest Kingdom. With every psychic blast, not only another tree, but fragments of Prince's personality and memory were wiped away. Isiah poured every memory of his youth exploring the many secrets of the Forest Kingdom with his father. All those happy memories, few and precious as they were, sufficed only to slow Nheg'vaed. All memories of anything but the demands of the war stripped from him, he continued to battle on, commanding waves of gaunt, hungry forest wolves to nip at Nheg'vaed's heels and slash at his back whichever way he turned.

While Prince Isiah fought for his mind and soul, Dreadlord Incipio had a more direct approach in mind. He had warned the bone blade what would happen if it crossed him; and now the artifact the one-time prince had so foolishly claimed would pay. Dreadlord Incipio was not as soft, not as weak as Isiah was. Isiah might be too busy fighting for his mind to control his body, but that just freed the Dreadlord to take full control for the first time. With a terrible grin stretching across his face the Dreadlord twisted the bone blade at an angle to the ground and then stomped on the middle as if it were a twig he wanted to break in half. The steel hob-nailed boots he'd won by becoming a captain of what would become his Dread Legion focused all of his more than human strength on tiny points.

I'll take the damage to Warrior Prince reducing it down to +2
Trying to snap the bone blade in half
Warrior Prince +2
Werewolf +2
Dread Legion Captain +2

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

FP: 18

Hakon reveled in the success of the caste tattoos, his slaves were even more devoted than before and now they truly looked the part. After some time spent merely in enjoyment of his his success as his slaves catered to his every desire, Hakon called his priests before him.

"It is time for you to go and spread the blessing of My will to the villages of the area. You will travel in groups large enough to convert each village quickly. Do not allow word of your actions to spread."

While his priests recruited new thralls from the surrounding smaller settlements, Hakon would head in the direction of the border. There was supposedly a major trade city on the border, and it would make a useful jumping off point for selecting a new home now that Slate-Iron City was little more than ruins.

Hakon's sending out his priests in groups to convert out of the way settlements, with orders to take care not to allow their existence to become general knowledge. While they do that he (and an appropriate entourage) are heading in the direction of the border with the neighboring country.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio clapped his hands, clearly mirthful.

"Yes, yes, the inability of you and your kin to harm me or mine for all times is a good baseline for us to start to deal, but, my lord, BUT", Emilio kept a carefully measured pause, "One does not invite cataclysm just for the sake of being immune to that very same cataclysm, yes? That is merely a rider you add so that they can survive to enjoy the ACTUAL price being paid! Little good would it do me to merely watch along as you turn all my carefully curated markets upside down, is that not so, o Lord."

Emilio's smile did not waver, "And before you see it necessary to remind me, I know that you could just destroy me right here. I am well aware! But I ask you, o Lord, what good does yet another dead mortal do to you? My power will be worthless to you if I am dead, it cannot be extorted from me. So even if you must deal, certainly it would be a far more worthy use of your esteemed time than to merely end me, no?"

"So, as for my reward to do this thing in addition to what has been already stated. Where I come from, the legends that tell of your kind, or the sort of creatures most easily compared to you, say that you have hierarchies. That you have nobility, counts, dukes, princes, the sort", Emilio's grin widened, "So would it not be fair, for opening such gates to your kin to a brand new World, for me to gain real estate and rank within your kind? For I have feeling we might get well-acquainted in the times to come."

Merchant [+4] for merchant speak, Social Chameleon [+2] to continue negotiations. Emilio is angling for that sweet demonic titling and real estate :v:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 15, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

Nikita nodded to Ada. "Lead the way."

As he followed her, he considered things. Something was off, clearly, but what? And even if Ada was not what she seemed, did that make her a threat to him in particular? He could probably force answers from the woman, but if this was her world it was almost certain he would regret it. Just as no sane, informed person would dare oppose him in the water. Given that, he had only one real option; be a stubborn jackass about things.

"...Just let go of this place, you said? I think I understand how you mean that, though it's certainly a novel concept for me." He stepped past her towards the place he had arrived and planted his feet into the grass. It really was a pity he couldn't stay. Most of his life he had walked cobblestone or wooden plank. Even his sojourn through this strange land of Freda's mostly consisted of more cobblestone and plenty of bare rock. Moss and lichen on occasion. And none of that with the sun on his shoulders, which really was an important detail.

Shaking his head, Nikita put those thoughts aside and focused. Pulling his waterskin from his hip, he upended it and poured the contents into the ground. "Before we go, Lady Ada, I need to know the truth. An entire city utterly devoid of life. The only sign that anyone had ever lived there at all was in the chapel. Dead men, so filled with hatred and disgust towards what was contained therein that they defiled it with their own excrement. It seems rather telling, does it not? So explain. Is this merely your realm as you say, or is it what I think it is: a prison? Whether for you, or for something else."

He knelt and took a handful of the soaked earth and wiped it across his eyes, followed by a deliberate daubing on his ears. He whispered arcane words as he did so and willed his mind to attain insight into the hidden nuances of Ada's words. Willed his eyes to pierce through illusions. Willed his ears to hear the truth. He rose and finally turned to face his hostess.

"Speak, and speak truly, or we wait out eternity in this place together. For I do not think you would still be here if you could leave of your own will. You needed someone to come here first. Someone with the ability to open the path for you. Am I wrong?"

There was no anger or irritation in Nikita's voice. Only a hint of weariness. Gods. When had he even slept last? Not since arriving in the Slate Iron city and witnessing the destruction that had ripped through it. He was sure there had been days he had been taxed worse physically and mentally, but he couldn't remember when.

Indomitable +2 to cow Ada into speaking the truth. Witch +2 to imbue himself with senses that can cut through any deceptions.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 15, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Lordling not fit to rule
Thinks he can win this duel
Flabby of bod and comes with a mullet
Feeds his people down a demon's gullet
Slate-Iron City he cannot pay
Then he strayed to the devil's way
Broke of coffer with no gold
His rulership is getting old
His friends disappear like poo poo through a goose,
His bloated neck fit only for a noose.

This is the weirdest conflict he's ever been involved with, but he's going to have to go through with it if he wants to turn the crowd. The alternative is just shooting the guy, but Amerigo was determined to build a case against him first.

I'm not sure what quality applies to freeverse rap battles here. If we're still cribbing off last turn, the [Tactica Transoceania +2] might apply.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11+2=13

Cait conjured the elemental and it absorbed the fire from the dragons. Its own fire was in turn, turned aside by the two beasts their immunity to it a racial/magical thing. An impasse there. The distraction did work however! The spear struck the Magus in one of its eyes. The beast howled and bayed in madness, charging towards Patak obviously injured. Cait screams and dodges the Dracolich as it forgoes its breath attack (the fire doesn't hurt her either) for more direct means.

The Magus take two ranks of damage and charges Patak! The Dracolich is distracted as its abilities don't real counter the ruse. It begins stalking Cait and horse but doesn't get close.

Riley - Into the outer areas

Riley stood on a lone hill outside the city. Distant winter wolves howled in the outlying darkness. Predators seeking prey. Her fairy godmother came out of the shadows, a milky white ghost. Charlie and Pepper peaked out of Riley's pockets. "Child. It has been...too long." The Winter lady reached out long fingers to Riley and touched her cheek. They burned with cold. Painfully so. "I like what you've done so far for these...beings. Some have hardened, become survivors. Like you." She smiled proudly at Riley. "I've come bearing some advice and... another offer. I can unlock the powers inside you. For a price. But you must do something for me in return one day. There are powerful forces rising in this world and they will crush you if you are not strong." A vision of dark and evil powers along with a lone figure of justice fills Riley's thoughts and are blown away with the wind. "I'll take nothing from you now. But we will need to open that artifact of yours..."

OOC GM clarity talk: She's offering to push you to another level of power, in return for an unspecified favor. She will not try to kill you if you say no entirely, because she believes others will do it for her. Your're not Emilio though so trying to modify the bargain will get you killed.

Isiah grasped the blade in the real world and Nheg'vaed screamed. Mentally he thrashed and physically the blade cut Isiah deeply. The lich weakened even as Ishiah did so. A scene of utter carnage, the battle field where the lich and Ishiah had battled spread before him, the undead mind on the defensive now. Skeletal hands grasped at Isiah and his armor, seeking to overwhelm his soul. The blade flexed again and Nheg'vaed screamed yet again.

Nheg'vaed is damaged and is now on the defensive. Isiah takes another rank of damage but the tide has turned in his favor!

Hakon traveled while his priests spread out. It would take time for them to have results he could feel and appreciate. They would establish themselves in secret first. Hakon and his entorage soon found themselves at the border. The vibrant city the only warm spot against the backdrop of the frozen wasteland beyond. Hakon could take the town himself quite easily, however one of his scouts pointed out the ice golems mindlessly guarding every northman and business.

The shadow spreads! Hakon arrives at the border!

The adversary's top agent of ruin was momentarily taken aback. Then smiled. "You humans. Your greed astounds even us. I will grant you a dukedom in my own lands in the abyss. A castle and keep with lands to rule over within my domain. Duke Ughi. A nice ring to it don't you think? My other vassals will not be pleased at their giving up room, but if they complain they can always take it up with my boss." He chuckled darkly at this.

A dukedom in the abyss under his own banner, if you open the portal with the book and seal the deal.

Nikita - ?

"Oh thank the stars." She sighed in relief as she felt him try and compel the truth from her. "Yes, its my prison. I killed this city for the Adversary and they tricked me into here. Now let me out so I can lay waste to the rest of the mortals there." As she says this her beauty fades away. "I must say if you were a paladin inflexible type, I may have had to fight you." The pleasant music went away and the smell of food went sour. "I'm a lower agent of ruin and so I can't get out. I can offer you a small boon in exchange for escape? I'll do anything at this point!"

drat a 12!!!

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The people hooted and hollered and then, just like that the mob believed Amerigo. "Guards!" The lordling shouted but they too had joined the mob. He looked at the woman. "Well! Do something Dolgar!" The woman smiled and simply shook her head. "Sorry, your delivery doesn't look like it will be delivered. And I didn't agree to protect you, just pay you. You're on your own I'm afraid." She faded from view. "Wait! WAIT!" The lordling cried.

The mob beat him almost senseless. "String him up!" A man cried out.

"Chop off his head!" Screamed a woman.

"No throw him in the dungeon!" Another snickered.

Soon everyone was shouting and arguing, if someone didn't take the lead then this was about to get ugly.

[i]You win the battle over the crowd. Now what to do with the lordling? Kill him? and will you form a new government?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Uh-oh, he needed to seize control before this got even uglier. "PEOPLE OF GRENMALK-CITY!" he raised his hands, "We have won a great victory tonight, deposing the tyrant and dispelling the demon, but the task is not done! We must restore order, and our task is to put the traitor on trial, a lynching will simply make him a martyr to foul forces!"

He turns to address the captain and his underlings. "Guards! Take him to the dungeon, and check for any secret walls or doors he may know about. Do not beat him too badly."

Amerigo then speaks to the assorted nobility and merchant classes. "To the rest of you, send your delegates tomorrow at noon, we must discuss the new order of things here in the city, to prevent anything like dark events this from happening again. Please, you have done valiantly here tonight, but we must not give into blood lust and depravity as the traitor has done!"

[Full Frontal Liberty+4] to seize the moment and begin starting up a new government.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 13

The Magus was angry. This was good. Patak could use this. Dragons were apex predators, so its instincts would be to chase prey. The plan formed even as he realized the Dracolich was changing tactics. He gave a sharp summoning whistle to Horse as he ran in that direction. He yelled "UPDRAFT!" to Cait as they closed the gap. He smote the ground with a pounding step sending dust high into the air from the crater as he willed his body to leap high and counted on the updraft from her firestorm to lift him as it confused the dragons. He aimed for the rib cage of the Dracolich with the Magus in full pursuit. In his hands he cupped a miniature sun that would soon burst into a mighty flare.

I'm going to trick the Dragons into colliding with each other at full speed. Then I'm going to set off a solar bomb. Divine Body +2 for the physical work/making a hole for Horse and Cait to disappear into, War +2 for the solar bomb and some misdirection, and First of Patak +2 for the firestorm updraft slash smokescreen.

Total of +6 to attack, +6 to Defend

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - A lone hill outside the City

Riley put on her brave face and tried not to wince at the Queen's burning touch.

"I'm glad you like what I've done. I figured it's a matter of time before other powers show up."

Riley reached into her pockets and pulled out the whalebone flute. If she hesitated in handing it over to her Godmother, Riley didn't let it show. "Yes, I want us to resume our cooperation: your protection and gift in exchange for my fealty and affection. Please, be my friend, Godmother." Riley bowed down to touch her forehead onto the Queen's icy hands.

"A question before we open the flute, though. I've promised to serve the decent citizens of the city as a leader and protector. And when I am your subject, they will be your subjects, too, right?" Riley asked, thinking of her peoples safety.

OOC: I think now I should switch Riley's flaw, which hasn't been relevant for a long time. I think that her flaw is Protective [-2]; she ties herself closely to the people she's rescued or bonded with.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dreadlord Incipio laughed brutally. "Take him then! I've no need for that soft-hearted weakling, and I will see to it that you die for turning your back on me!" He must have seemed a madmen to anyone watching. Ranting and trying to break his own sword in half. The gaunt, hungry wolves of the devastated forest kingdom turned and rushed from the mental battle. Abandoning Prince Isiah to his grisly fate.

The strength of the wolves poured into Dreadlord Incipio. His body shifting and writhing as he transformed into a giant shaggy wolf the size of a horse. He bit down hard on the blade, seeking to crack it like a dog with a chew toy.

I'll take the damage to Warrior Prince again reducing it down to +0
Trying to snap the bone blade in half some more
Werewolf +2
Dread Legion Captain +2
Steeped in Violence +2 for a FP

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Emilio bowed deep, and with unnecessary flourish, his grin momentarily hidden from sight.

"A dukedom, immunity for both me and my assets from the ravages of the demonic and their machinations. Yeess, that sounds good, very good indeed."

"For all that, I am more than happy to open a rift between our respective two worlds, yes indeed, o' lord!" his grin widened even more as he reached for the demon's hand to shake it, "I thank you for your patronage."

Emilio cleared his throat.

"THE DEAL IS STRUCK"

Wishmaster [+2] and Greed tagged three times for a further +6 to make the deal truth: Emilio gets a Dukedom, and immunity for both him and his stuff from getting trampled on by the demons or their minions. For this, he opens a great portal between Hell and the Mortal realm. Oh no!

Now of course, the demon did not specify WHERE he wants that portal in Hell. So naturally, in a bid to raise the value of his properties, Emilio is going to place it in the very middle of his own personal lands. And naturally, the deal considers land to be 'stuff' for the purposes of keeping demons from messing with it, so they're barred from tresspassing to Emilio's Dukedom.

Now, Emilio is not a wholle unreasonably Duke. Fees and pricing for access to the Gate can be independently negotiated at a later time :v:

Theantero fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 20, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - Crystal-Town

Hakon mulled over the scouts reports. These golems might prove a nuisance, however it was a manageable one. He simply needed to figure out who controlled the golems. Once he owned them, the constructs would be his as well.

There was also the matter of supplies. His slaves would no doubt brave the cold naked if he wished them too, but he wasn't particularly interested in losing valuable property to frostbite. Proper gear and supplies would need to be procured. Fortunately he had no shortage of funds to do that, and actually paying might not even be necessary once the golems were out of the way.

Either way he would need to enter the city, and in that case a cover story would be necessary. He gathered his slaves and after selecting those who would accompanying him. "When we enter the city, you are not to speak to anyone without my permission. If at any point you do speak with someone you may acknowledge you are my slaves, but you are not permitted to speak of my divinity or my methods. If absolutely necessary you will tell them you were trained from birth in my service. In a way this is true, for your true birth came when my will replaced yours."

With the cover story set, Hakon and his entourage headed for the town. He would pose as a rich merchant, fleeing the destruction of Slate Iron City. The group would keep their ears to the ground for interesting news, information on the ice golems, and info on useful candidates for enthrallment. All the while he would let his power flow faintly in all directions, ensuring that his cover story would be accepted uncritically by the residents of Crystal-Town.

Hakon's taking an entourage into the city to try and get some general info on goings on, how the golems work, and people who might be powerful or otherwise useful slaves. The cover story is that he is a rich merchant, and attendants and bodyguards are slaves trained from birth. Domination [+2] to use his power on minimum to ensure the residents accept his cover story uncritically and Divine Body [+2] for overhearing things.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 26, 2017

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

Nikita hid his surprise, poorly. He had never encountered a being of this nature before, and he had to admit. His curiosity was piqued. Alas that she was a deceptive force for destruction. No doubt she would betray him eventually if he attempted to make a deal.

"No. By your own admission you are entity of destruction. I could overlook that had you revealed your nature once you knew what I was about. Your deception suggests to me that any boon I might be given would last only long enough for you to plant a dagger in my back. I will not deny that I need power if I am to stop the machinations of my enemies, but I will not bring greater ruin into the world in pursuit of it."

"However. I am not unsympathetic to your plight. Your time here must have been torturous, and I cannot abide imprisonment or slavery, for myself or for others. I will see you freed, even if it kills me."

Nikita placed a reassuring hand on Ada's shoulder, and spoke some arcane words. Earth was eminent at piercing lies. It was also the element for warding against evil.

"And I will see the people of Arcadia avenged. Be free."

His hand tightened and began to burn her flesh, and Ada suddenly noticed how very many teeth Nikita truly had as his tentacles lunged forward to seize her arms.

Indomitable +2 and Witch +2 to nullify this demon's powers, seize her, and devour her and her power. Not normally Nikita's style, but she is an unrepentant mass murderer. At least this way she can help do something constructive for a change.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

The party goers and connected people surprisingly fell into line, it seemed they were in need of a leader and fate had dropped one in their laps! The lordling was bound and taken to the dungeons.

The following morning with the town mayor, single representatives from the craftsmen, merchant, farmer, and nobles arrived. The captain of the local enforcers precinct and the leader of the mercenary forces were also present.

When the guards checked the lordling's cell that morning, a large pig was found. It had intelligent eyes and screamed insanely when the cell door was opened.

Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 13

The beasts collided at high speed, the wounded magus roaring and the draco-lich's bones breaking in the impact with a sickening crunch. The magus madly tore and clawed at the draco-lich. The tangle of tail and limbs further making the chaotic situation tip in favor of Patak and Cait. The weaponized holy bomb went off with the power of a small sun.

The magus burned, it's resistance no match for the divine flame.

The draco-lich began to disintegrate, clawing towards Cait and Patak.

"Why won't it die!" Cait screamed. And shot out white hot fire into the conflagration. The skull of the draco-lich melted as the rest of it burned to ash. Then all was quiet as the light and fires burned out.

Exhausted, Cait slumped. Horse even seemed weary after all of that. "We did it." Cait panted as she caught her breath.

Victory!

Riley - A lone hill outside the City

The queen cocked her head to one side. "Yes. They would be under our protection. Princess Riley." The queen studied the flute, the number of lives restored having fulfilled it's destiny. As it cracked the energy flowed towards Riley, enveloping her with warmth instead of a chill. Her godmother smiled. "We will see each other again soon. When things have settled..." She faded away this time, the power then hit Riley like a train.

OOC: I'm good with Protective [-2]; For your divine power up you can pick or choose either:
Life +2, which has healing and resurrection
or
Dreams/Illusion [+2] Which gives her mastery of that realm and the ability to confound those in the real world
or
Winter [+2] Which will give Riley the ability to inflict the season/weather, it's magic, and command/summon any creatures or weather based on it.

You also gain the divine body [+2] trait, replacing all mortal qualities

The blade screeched as steel wrenched and broke. Another magical explosion, this time covered the city and all of the dead everywhere fell as if they had their strings cut. Except for the general of Isiah's forces, who fell to it's knees.

Isiah awoke to the shade of the necromancer before him. "Good." It said. "I had to try..." It's sentience melted away, and the power choked Isiah as it entered him in a flood.

For your divine power up you can pick or choose either:
Undeath/Death [+2]
Or
Supernatural [+2]

You also gain the divine body [+2] trait, replacing all mortal qualities

The portal opens but the #2 of all evil smirks. "Nice try. But as a duke of hell and my vassal, you will allow me free passage and my free minions passage. Or else the Adversary himself will punish you. As his will enforces the social order and all laws. No one will harm or damage or mess with your stuff. But there will be consequences for treason against your new Lord. Me."

"The choice of course is yours. Oh, I forgot. Your reward and elevation to something less divine and more...infernal!" The laugh is merciless and Emilio screams as the book burns and soon he too is set aflame. Brimstone and torment burn brightly as his potential is realized. A mark appears first, a glowing sigil on Emilio's forehead. The mark of the Adversary. His eyes melted as he shrieked, physical pain a memory as he experienced something more horrible and existential. He suddenly could see again and knew that upon the brow of every evil being connected to the Adversary he could see that mark.

Recognize his own.

Power. Potential. All consuming. The chains that bound him were short. From his new Lord and from that Lord directly to the slumbering sleeping Adversary.

Emilio stopped screaming. His Lord arched an eyebrow. "Well?"

For your divine power up you can pick or choose either:
Wishmaster [+2] : industrial strength
Or
Weakness [+2] : sense, cause, or exploit it in others

You also gain the divine body [+2] trait, replacing all mortal qualities .

Hakon - Crystal-Town

Many were shocked to hear that Slate-Iron city had fallen. The southerners all left immediately, leaving only the northerners to listen to Hakon's cover story. This made it all the easier for him to get the information he needed. The northern ice mages were notorious slavers and had legions of ice Golems at their disposal. From the secrets that Hakon could glean, the constructs had a rudimentary intelligence but nothing like a mortal mind. They would follow ice-mage instructions or the instructions of their owners but had a set of "fail-safe" instructions preventing them from harming their country's citizens, having them come to harm, or through any action or inaction bring their people to harm. This did not extend to monsters, non-mortal entities, foreigners, slaves, or criminals. They also were to preserve themselves if at all possible but not if it conflicted with the earlier mentioned ideals.

Nikita - ?

Ada screeched. "You bastard! I delt fairly with you and this is what I revieve in return! Die then you fool!" She backhanded Nikita casually and he was sent flying. His teeth and tentacles tore her shoulder but if she felt the pain he wasn't showing it as she stalked towards him. Two long blades slid from her arms and a long spiked tail appeared between her legs and lashed at the ground. A crown of horns and thorns appeared around her head as her own savage teeth were revealed. "I'm going to eat your manhood. Then I'm going to flay the rest off of you inch by inch." The ground shook as she gained speed, power, and momentum.

She's a boss mob. You took her by surprisr. She took one rank of damage!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The DracoLich’s Hunting Grounds, The Wilds, Darklands | FP 11+1=12

It was done. The Kurst were destroyed and the ancient scourge was no more. Patak had ended the three beings preying upon the wildlands and two of the tyrants ruling from Slate Iron. Their source of power had also been eliminated. In all, Patak was pleased with himself.

He bid his companions to rest as he gathered some of the Magus’ scales and the Dracolich’s bone. It had been his intent to craft items of might and magic from his trophies, and there were other concerns. Such a swath of destruction surely had refugees, survivors, those coming home to smoldering ruins. Perhaps they would come now that the dragons had been slain. Perhaps not.

From a shard of darksteel, the nail of the Giant’s Toe, and the bones and skin he began to forge a shield. He had other metals, his own power, and the weapons given to him by the fool Magus some time ago. He gave the shield a symbol of the Sun to cap it off, so that whoever wielded it could use the Holy Light against the forces of darkness.

Going to use the Giant’s toe as the base materia to forge the Sunlight Shield, a powerful defense against the forces of Darkness, Undead, and Evil. Those that cannot bear the light of Justice shall fall.

Using War +2for both theme and the practicality and Justice +2 to ensure righteous use and use by the righteous. Total +4 to make the Sunlight Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - ?

Nikita dug his fingers into the dirt to slow himself down and finally managed to get his feet back under him. This demon was quite a bit stronger than she looked. Hauling himself back upright, Nikita cracked his neck and squared his shoulders.

"You said it yourself. If I were an inflexible type, we may have to fight. It would seem that I am. Fair dealings or no, I will not consort with a person who thinks nothing of mass murder."

Running his tongue along his teeth, he winced at the bitter taste of her blood. That alone proved her inhumanity, as if her appearance left any kind of doubt. As she screamed her obscenities he brought his tentacles forward and daubed the blood from them into his hands. He had to hope his witchcraft was up to this sort of task. He could exorcise a spirit easily enough, but this was a she-devil dredged from a hell he did not know. Things might get difficult. No matter. He would follow Freda's example - battle without fear or hesitation. Let his soul sing with the conflict.

"Your blood is in my hands." At those words, he willed the blood on his fists to know its origin, and to imbue it with a all-consuming need to return. As he prepared to fight, he kept his eyes on those wicked looking blades and tail. If she fought anything like he did, those would be the things to watch for. The tail especially could come from unexpected angles. Taking a deep breath, he charged in low and opened up with a brutal one-two punch before dancing back from her counter attack. He had to be cautious, but he could not afford to relent. He could give her no time to think of a strategy.

Witch +2 to use Ada's blood as a medium to ensure his fists find his target and strike telling blows when they do. Indomitable +2 and Berserker +2 to wade in and hammer Ada into submission.

• Locked thread