Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


I am Communist posted:


This was no way to treat a revolutionary hero! To be thrown into some gulag! Amerigo demanded to see the man in charge. The guards had balked at first. No one requested that! But soon word was sent and Amerigo was strapped into a chair. The guards left shaking their heads as he took in his surroundings. There was a very dead orc strapped into a similar chair nearby, along with...why That was your book! This new information was grand but interrupted as a door opened with a chittenous grinding sound. A tall thin figure in a black robe entered, carrying a lantern. "So. You wished to see me? Are your accommodations not to your liking?" A richly aristocratic voice mused.

Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers

"No, I'm afraid I must complain. First of all, what have I been charged with, to be incarcerated in such a manner? Secondly, where am I? Thirdly, I want whatever passes for a lawyer in this hellhole." Amerigo twitched. Yeah, he was a scrawny beanpole, but that often let others underestimate the sheer capacity for violence he was capable of. He realizes he's probably getting none of what he requests, but he needs to keep this being busy while he worked on getting his wrists out of the restraints as subtley as possible. Hopefully it would start to gloat and its attention would wander.

[Full Frontal Liberty+4] to sass and distract this rear end in a top hat while I begin to quietly work my way out of the seat.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 01:38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers

Okay, now he's angry. He was in the hands of some sort of kidnappers/slavers led by a monomaniacal dipshit. "Because then you probably don't get my 'relic', do you? Plus, we've come this far, what are you going to do with them? I'm sure you have a plan for something that allows the quick set up of lavatories*. Seriously, its a plumbing guide. How did someone capable of all this end up here? You must have a higher plan here." (*Technically true, Vol VII was mostly about engineering away public health issues. People do a lot of eating and pooping every single day. Someone had to think about where it all went) . Amerigo hears some crashing off in the distance and hopes that contributes to the distraction but mostly he focuses on keeping the guy talking. Hopefully the proverbial other shoe will fall at some point.

[Full Frontal Liberty+4] along with [Scholar and Natural Scientist+2] to try to talk shop and pretend to find common ground and keep this guy talking while I continue to work at undoing the straps

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers


Ugh, Amerigo had never liked pork to begin with, to say nothing when it could sass you. Almost there, almost there....Amerigo moves faster to unbind the other hand and then to get rid of the other straps while the comedy of errors continues on and on.


[Full Frontal Liberty+4] To get the last of the straps off.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2017 around 00:38

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Cell #7, relocated to the room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo was free! The sensible course of action was to grab the Tactica and make a run for it. He is, however, also pissed, annoyed, and ready to hurt someone. He sees the self styled "Master" drop the pig-frying device, and pull out some kind of pistol? It reminded Amerigo of the prototype weapon he had seen in the Consilium (being waved around in the air angrily by its holder demanding speaking time).


Hopefully its operation was the same; hammer back, boom. Amerigo carefully makes his way toward the despot with the intention of waxing one of the guards. Hopefully the Master was out of backup weapons.

Using [Natural Scientist and Scholar+2] to figure out shooty go boom and [Full Frontal Liberty+4] and a [Flaw Point+2] to sneak up, grab the gun, and shoot a guard.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2017 around 01:20

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus The room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo draws the hammer back. "I wouldn't do that, unless you want to find yourself with less brains in your head than usual."

Re: mechanics, noted. [Full Frontal Liberty+4] to intimidate him into not drawing that, and uh, shooting him if he continues to draw it.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2017 around 02:09

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus The room of Lamentful Answers
1 FP

Amerigo stares at the corpse. He never felt good about killing and this was no exception. That being said the warning snaps him back to attention. "Well then..." He rushes over his book to see if its still in the pile and grabs it. He flips open to a bookmarked chapter; Vol X, Pg. XXI: Emergency Response procedures.. "GENTLEMEN," he addresses the room in general. "We've just met, but I think if we stick together we can shuffle out of here alive and in one piece as long as we remain calm!"

[Tactical Transoceania+2] to organize the remaining people in the room into a polite queue as we flee for our lives (avoiding trampling, stampeding, etc).

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Directly Outside Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax > Dwarves
1 FP

Well that was quite the adventure. After fleeing the place with whoever chose to come along with him Amerigo takes stock of his location and the city around him. The tunnel based town stretched in all directions, and Amerigo quite honestly didn't have the faintest clue where to go.

Over there, however, were a bunch of short folks battling the blaze. Amerigo was instantly envious. His attempts at organized fire control back home were largely confined to bucket brigades. Also "fire fighters" would routinely go around the neighborhood asking for "insurance" money, to ensure no fires started in that particular lot. Two of his former fellow inmates were there, the huge guy, and the other huge (rock) guy. They seemed to have the situation well in hand. Amerigo would've flipped open the Tactica but he felt similar energies emanating from their own particular "relics", and quite honestly he was curious as to how they worked. Tucking both the weapon and the Tactica under his clothes as best he can, he offers to help, both out of genuine concern, and also curiosity as to what exactly is going on here.

Helping out however I can, I'm not sure how it feels IC to be affected by another artifact, but I'm willing to work with Patak's banner if need be.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 11, 2017 around 05:55

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Directly Outside The Smoking Remains of Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax
1 FP

"What the big guy said. We've just been arrested by an unknown party calling himself "The Master" who threatened to torture me to death. We're just trying to make sure we're not about to have a repeat experience. I'm happy to relay my experience to your Magus provided its not me being interrogated." Amerigo hoped he wasn't going to have to shoot more people before the day was done, especially since this one looked a lot more important than the "master" currently cooling into embers in the background, and he was seriously outnumbered now. Better play it cool until he understood exactly the political situation he was in.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2017 around 01:39

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.


Disregard see below

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2017 around 23:57

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Directly Outside The Smoking Remains of Prison Fortress Pandemonia Druralax
1 FP


Amerigo raged internally, they were accused of capital crimes not an hour after escaping. There was no way the cops had no idea of the torture gulag operating in the GIANT SKULL FORTRESS in the middle of town. He was the son of a lawyer and member of the nation's legal body, and here he was being accused of grotesque acts of criminality by this two-bit thug in a uniform!

Fuming, Amerigo tries to think quickly...yes! It was infuriating when pulled in the Consillium, but maybe legal babble and street lawyering would work. The big guy had mostly said what he was thinking, up until the surrender part. If they were going to surrender he intended to do it from every position of strength possible. That included being treated as "Witnesses" not "Suspects"


If the Tactica couldn't find some obscure loophole in the law to get us out of this it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, lets see if we can overload this low-ranking cretin's brain. He opens it to Vol II: The Law vs Justice. There it was, pg IV, new words glowing in the margin. "If you gentlemen will notice, The General Peacekeeping Act specifically includes exceptions for escaping disasters and Acts of the Gods. The fact we were here attempting to contain the blaze qualifies for discretion per the Undercity Fire Act and furthermore..."


Okay, I'm giving this one turn before we have to get violent. Rolling [Tactica Transoceania: Governance +2] to find a loophole and Sovereign Citizen my way out of getting arrested while my ad hoc team does their own thing. Basically trying to get us back to "go see the Magus" without doing it in handcuffs or w/e

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2017 around 00:53

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Black Tower
1 FP


Okay, this day was getting worse, somehow. He was now facing a giant, likely carnivorous beast with the full backing of a police state behind it. His two comrades had spoken, and while the brute had been a little more circumspect, that idiot rock with a martyr's deathwish had practically confessed, so what was now required was the legal performance of a lifetime. He took what the pointy eared goon said to heart, say as little as possible while answering the question, confess to nothing.

"Magus, as was said, I was taken from my homeland and I escaped. I have no love for disorder or chaos and so I aided the dwarves as it was the right thing to do."

Getting out from judgement in a police state would probably incorporate [Full Frontal Liberty+4] to talk my way out.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Exiting The Black Tower
1 FP


Amerigo very politely bows, nods, accepts the escort of the building, wary for any last minute betrayal, and as soon as he's out of eye shot of a guard or another lets out a HUGE breath of relief. He attempts to navigate his way out of the high security prison zone back to the merchant areas with the guide of the Tactica before delving deeper into age old questions that have suddenly become very pertinent. Where am I? and What sort of bullshit runs this place? and How the hell do I get out of here?

Exiting and once in a safe-ish location browsing the [Tactica Transocenia's +4] new archives to get a more comprehensive summary of this place as well as a map, if possible. Basically using it as the CIA world factbook but on whatever hellhole I'm in right now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Searching for an outbound Caravan
1 FP


Well, that was informative but still left more questions than it answered. Amerigo wished he had time to do more research but the longer he stayed in this shithole the greater the chances of being assaulted, kidnapped, or arrested again. The report seemed to imply there were other cities out there, and it was probably time he tried visiting one (looking over their general system of government before he arrived so he didn't walk into a place as bad or worse). He could offer his literacy, numeracy, or services as a guard considering his weapon. He made a note to look up the local weapons laws before brandishing it, heaven knows the "Master" probably wasn't the best stickler to the laws out here.

Trying to find a way out of here, looking for a Caravan leaving town. Using the [Tactica Transoceania+2] to see if its even legal for me to have the pistol before I start showing it as proof I'm armed () as well aslooking up any other laws I should try to avoid breaking while just moving around the place. If this is a split action/doing too much with one turn, I'm doing legal research for this turn and then searching for the caravan next turn.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2017 around 04:51

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Then there was the large guy again. Apparently he had the same idea as him, which was fairly obvious. Two people of his temperament wouldn't survive long in this city. At least thankfully it appeared to only be authoritarian instead of completely totalitarian (as in, they appear to let people leave without too many questions.)

Amerigo approaches the merchant caravan leader and offers his services as an assistant quartermaster and guard, if need be. He warily eyes Patak, he'd tolerate him on the trip but he didn't want any more outbursts like the one that got them arrested by the spike eared goon.

Going with the merchant caravan.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Amerigo eyes the weaponry and takes a blade "Patak? I apologize if I came off as brusque just now. I'm Amerigo. And I'm glad we were able to escape the Master's clutches and uh, the other place together. I greatly appreciate these gifts." He offers a hand. "If we meet again, hopefully we can work together but right now I think we both need to go our separate ways."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Amerigo remains quiet at the little musical interlude and waits for it to finish and the audience reaction to dim before speaking. "So, this leg of the journey, is there anything especially dangerous, or is it just business as usual?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Just one thing after another in this drat shithole. Amerigo decides its time to earn his pay. Running is tempting but this is one of those thing where a rout may well equal death. Besides, where is he going to run to? And now it appears his pistol has some kind of petard launcher embedded in it. Oh well, stranger things have happened this past day. He takes aim at the ones that appear to be leading and pushes The Button. Godsdamn, he is starting to turn into an anti-pointyeared racist.

Fighting. Aiming the 'nade at the elves. [Full Frontal Liberty+4] for fight-mans.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Amerigo nods to the orc. Maybe it was time to name this thing. It no longer seemed a disposable emergency weapon. "Banshee. When it screams, people die. Some kind of repeater pis-, er wand" Okay that might be a bit over the top and melodramatic but whatever. "It was a bit of a gift from someone I met once. drat if I know where he got it." and then to the caravan master. "That's very disturbing. Maybe it was a false flag? Maybe the bandits stole that armor from elsewhere? But if neither of those are true, are we even safe proceeding to our destination? If they were blatant enough to attack in uniform, maybe there's some kind of documentation left on their leader's bodies, what's left of them anyhow."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2017 around 03:07

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

"What? No, where would you get that idea? The whole reason I came along was safety in numbers. I do have a question about what to expect when we get there. You mentioned Grenmalk-City is a vassal state, does that mean its government is similar to Slate-iron city?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

"When you mean 'less strict' do you mean we're going to be charged 'taxes' by every band of uniformed thugs we run across? Just my opinion, but either way, we have to press on and take our chances. You could risk losing everything if we go there, but you'll definitely lose everything if we stay." Amerigo thumbs open the Tactica, what information could it provide on the situation.

Using the [Tactical Transoceania +2] to divine the nature of the Baron and his underling's behavior. A general political analysis that hopefully may give me insight into what the hell is going on here. I'm not asking "Did he do it?!" so much as "Any rifts between him and his knights, and unusual developments in town lately?" etc

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 04:25

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

"Hmm, okay, and what's this...huh, I-" Amerigo is thinking to himself quietly as he slams the book shut as the pages emit green light. "Disregard, that was nothing. So, are we ready to proceed?" He has used the newfound high regard he had recently attained in the defense of the caravan by avoiding body burial detail, but they probably needed to get moving. Who knew what else lurked out here? Still he should be ready to run, somebody had obviously found him peeking.

Very concerned about what the heck just happened, but ready to proceed onwards anyways. Getting ready to circle the city and try to find an outbound caravan on the other side if needed. I'm not getting arrested again.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 22:18

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Outskirts of Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Uh, cheese, sure." Amerigo had just realized he had not eaten anything but trail rations since he got there, and providing its actual, recognizable, non-rotting cheese, he picks out something that looks like it'd survive on the road. "So, what's the word in town?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Outskirts of Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo hands over a few more coppers. "Okay, so what's the catch?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Outskirts of Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo notices once again he has been threatened with either death or incarceration over a misunderstanding and makes a mental note to keep on moving. "Noted. I meant no offense and I apologize. Thank you for the information." Nodding politely, he excuses himself and goes to try to find the merchant he arrived here with and see how he's doing.

After the rough welcome, Amerigo is going to keep on moving until he finds a place where etiquette breaches do not result in arrest/near death. Finding the caravan master he worked under and trying to see if he needs any assistance.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"I'd be happy to lend my services in that capacity, but I think I might be able to offer more. I didn't want to impose when we were leaving Slate-iron city, but I have other skills; I'm literate, numerate, and have run the logistics portions of reasonably sized organizations before." Amerigo leaves out the part where those were rebel/revolutionary bands. "In addition, I might have some insights into what might sell best at your next destination, er, whatever that may be."


Shilling myself as an aide/accountant/guard combo. If I learn where we're headed next, using the [Tactica Transoceania+2] to run a quick governmental and economic trade report on the place, assuming the horrible green light doesn't appear the second I open it. If this is a two parter action, trying to get hired first, and then scouting our next destination second.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Grenmalk-City markets
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well, he hadn't expected to succeed. All he could do was wait and prove himself. Amerigo takes advantage of the downtime, buying some protective gear and traveling supplies, including emergency food and whatnot while trying to keep some savings (While being very VERY polite with everyone and not second guessing them to avoid a repeat of the crossbow incident). Once the necessities of the road were dealt with, he had another project in mind. Among the supplies he purchased is the beginnings of a maintenance and tinkering kit for his weapon.

Shopping around for things for the road, in particular, trying to pick up a bodkin or gambeson if I can afford it, but focusing on trying to put together a gunsmith kit. I don't have a merchant ability, but [Scholar and Natural Scientist +2] might apply in determining what bits I might need, as might [Gun Wizard +2]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

And that was that. He didn't like the weird looks the sellers were giving him of all things, why did they care? Probably more dumb, hostile laws. In any event, Amerigo returns to his quarters and tries to make sense of all this nonsense. He had been transported to an underground hellhole, all of which he'd seen so far, had been been ruled by some feudal police state. It was unnervingly like home, but even the Doge's death squads tended to be more personal and didn't turn the abuse into this giant...machine he had witnessed. It hadn't poisoned the very culture with paranoia.

And here he had been running. Other than the start where he had killed the Master and taken his weapon he'd been running. First with the police, then with the dragon then even from some thug who wanted to gut him with a hand bow. On the other hand he reasoned, being a smart revolutionary meant playing it safe when warranted and going underground. He's no use to anyone dead or worse. He needed to think how to use this upcoming trip to the villages to improve both his lot and those around him. Maybe the mayor of one or more of them would need assistance with something that wasn't bullying the locals.

Lastly, was the the question of how he was going to get a new petard. That thing had turned the battle in of itself and now it was empty. With his new kit, Amerigo carefully takes apart the weapon, jotting down exactly where each piece was taken from so he can put it all back together later, and examined the spent round, hoping to discover how they're made.

[Gun Wizard +2],[Scholar and Natural Scientist +2], and the kit to examine the insides of the gun and hopefully figure out how the underbarrel grenades are made and if he can reproduce them with gun wizard mojo

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Beer garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Alright, he had the information, he just lacked time and probably the proper tools. He didn't want the merchants to snitch on him either while he was, well building weapons inside a police state. Amerigo would have to be cautious about it, maybe he could pick up the ingredients in the villages as they passed through and try to have things assembled when they got back. He COULD bring the caravan leader into this but he'd prefer the knowledge of what he planned to do be kept secret for now.

Amerigo decides to use this to study more. He opens the Tactica and tries to browse for information on how the Slate-Iron city oligarchy came to be and the limits of its reach.

Monolouging and also using the [Tactica Transoceania +2] to study the greater feudal realm that Slate-Iron city controls, its history, and how far he'd have to go to be at the end of it.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2017 around 23:25

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Beer Garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Hmm, well that was interesting. How to employ that was another question. He could do this next tour with the caravan as proof of experience and then try to work for the locals potentate to build up some sort of rep, or leave and head north, or possibly in that order...but for the meantime, there left the question of who the hell was poking around in the Tactica earlier. Amerigo flips around the pages, carefully. The thing was self-editing nowadays and that alone was cause for concern, maybe it had some sort of register of those who requested entries...?

Looking to see if the [Tactica Transoceania] has any sort of access logs in it, and if so, who the hell accessed it earlier that wasn't me?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Beer Garden Inn, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Welp, that happened. Amerigo decides to not push his luck further in that respect and decides to answer the notice the cheese merchant had told him about. At the very least he could hear them out, and the caravan wasn't scheduled to leave for awhile.

Following up on that plothook the guy who almost shot me gave about the head honcho hiring all sorts of "troubleshooters" for his beast and underling issues.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Mayor's office, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Hieronymus, Amerigo Hieronymus. Pleased to make your acquaintance sir, I was referred to by the notice stating the mayor's office was looking for problem-solving individuals who can handle challenging issues. I was hoping to hear more about this."

Basic introductions, and trying to be very very polite and avoiding being presumptuous

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 6, 2017 around 01:22

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Mayor's office, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Please correct me if I have misunderstood, but from what I hear, the problem is three fold;

Find out why the Lord is hiring this many men
Find out why those men go missing
Find a way to resolve this that doesn't endanger the city or causes it to go broke,

Have I missed anything, sir?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Mayor's office, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo is escorted out, but still has questions which he directs toward the steward. "Okay Manfred, since this is obviously a secretive matter, how do I communicate updates and information to the mayor? Is there a time window we're looking at? Who are your contacts within the Lord's estate, or individuals that might know more? Lastly, the issue of compensation. What would be the reimbursement for completing this task and is there any chance of a small stipend while operating here? Supplies and information will need to be purchased in the field, etcetera."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 10, 2017 around 03:40

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Mayor's office, Grenmalk-City
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"One last set of questions and I'll be out of here Manfred. What is your brother's name, what does he look like, does he live on the estate itself and do you know any discreet way he might be contacted?" Amerigo is as eager to get working on this as the steward is probably eager to get a random mercenary out of the place. "Thank you again, for your information and patience."

Just getting some last minute info, then let's get this show on the road.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2017 around 03:12

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Grenmalk-City taverns
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

"Thank you, and a good day to you too, sir." Well that was pretty straight forward. And disgusting. Maybe he just wasn't used to this world yet, anyhow, Amerigo proceeds as instructed, waiting for Thursday to move forward. In the meantime, he puts his time to use trying to gather any sort of rumors about the Lord's estate and behavior, things he can later confirm with uh, V-dawg.

Rumor mongering at local taverns. Not asking probing questions, just listening in for any news of the stated above activities, and trying to learn more about Grenmalk-City

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Grenmalk-City taverns
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well then, if nothing else this should prove entertaining. Unless he's a complete drooling wreck, old guys usually accumulated a few good stories over their lives, especially one waving his old status around like that. Amerigo pipes up. "Sure I'll buy you a drink. I'm guessing this has been a rough time for you lately. Come on, sit down."

Lets follow this plot lead.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Grenmalk-City taverns
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Disturbing, to say the least. Assuming the old man wasn't simply incoherently crazed, which was a possibility, that gave him several good leads with which to ask Manfred's brother. Confident he has at least the start of an investigation hypothesis, he pays for his and the old man's drinks and heads out into the dark, wary of anyone that might be following him. No telling what internal security services the lord has. In any event, Thursday was coming soon, and his appointment with V-Man.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The wine cellar, Midnight
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo arrives at the instructed time and place. He had spent the day purchasing an assortment of oddments from multiple general stores. Rope, cloth (for both tying people up and making a mask from), knife, hooded lantern, crowbar for crowing and also as a backup weapon, and other tools, limited by his budget, how much they would weigh, and how much noise they would make clanking around. He enters the door at midnight, tense and watching out in case this is a trap. He makes a left, and keeps an eye out for V-man. Here went nothing...

Purchasing a sneaking "kit" per our discussion on discord. Let's do this

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: The Lord's manor, headed upstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Well, that left two options in Amerigo's mind, scour whatever offices might be located, hopefully, on the second floor for any secret documents, then head down to whatever pit of hell awaited on the lower floor. He wasn't looking forward to that. Amerigo makes certain to keep watch for not only guards but wandering servants and also of possible escape routes in case it all goes south.

Up we go! [Full Frontal Liberty+4] is as close as I have to a stealth stat.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at Sep 24, 2017 around 21:29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.



Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Watergate manor, headed downstairs
1 FP, +1 upshift banked.

Amerigo could make an educated guess as to what "pigs" were in this context. There was nothing for it, he'd have to go down there and investigate whatever hellish practices were going on in the sub basement. He makes one last sweep for anything related to the Dolgar and mentally prepares himself to sneak downstairs by finding the second stairway.

Let's get this started , [Full Frontal Liberty+4] if needed.

  • Locked thread
«2 »