Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

I skip the crash dance every time who's with me

You're a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

oddium's dad update: he got witcher 3 in the steam sale and it sounds like he likes it so far

:great:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Looper posted:

Anyone gotten anything cool in the steam sale besides oddium's dad?

Fidelio Incident was a pretty good walking simulator with some lovely Irish voice acting.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

hopefully this pirate phase doesn't last too long

It's not a phase, mom, this is who I am

Yarrrgh

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Captain Invictus posted:

Isn't the whole premise of wolfenstein, besides that killing Hitler allowed someone smarter to take over, that all the insane stuff the nazis experimented and developed during the war ended up working? Hence the totally alive, not dead after a few seconds cat head on a monkey body.

Kind of? Hitler being alive or dead changes depending on which game we're talking about but the premise that "this ridiculous technology worked somehow" is the burning white-hot core of Wolfenstein, right up there with "you play as a Polish-American built like a goddamn brick shithouse".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
July on the couch, playing video games

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been sifting through my massive unplayed Steam inventory recently, do the older Max Payne games still hold up? I forget which games chat thread poster keeps speedrunning Max Payne 3 but it makes me want to play those games and I happen to own them all.

Is the FEAR series good?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wait is that the lady talking or the cat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"horror movie characters act like total dumbasses" is a fine trope but generally the characters are acting like dumbasses in character. Dumbass teenagers are horny and look for a spooky closet to gently caress in, dumbass space marines try to go Rambo on xenomorphs, that kind of thing. The easy thing would have been to write the dumbass scientists as being full of hubris or whatever, but they don't do that, the scientists just act like dumbasses for no reason.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Anime is in the air
Anime is everywhere
If you doubt me, I will say
Your favorite game is anime

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hitman 2016 falls into "games as service" I think. Pay for a constant drip-feed of content over the course of a season. Presumably there will eventually be a season 2 I can buy piecemeal or as a season pass.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

no one knows how hitman season 2 will work since the thing happened

I'm glad that ioi is keeping hitman but yeah, no clue how season 2 might happen

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

Are we going to discuss the popular use of English in the early 21st century again?

I can't loving believe the most used language in the western world is one of the few without any kind of governing body

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's a language that's so comically inconsistent and inflicting it on the world was a crime so horrible that of course the English did it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mak0rz posted:

I can't imagine English being as widespread and flexible as it is having a governing body at all. It's easy for Iceland because it has only 300,000 speakers and like 98% of them live in the same place.

I'd be all over a spelling reform though.

Fair enough, 90% of my complaints are about inconsistent and asinine spelling and grammar rules that seem specifically designed to troll the everliving gently caress out of nonnative speakers attempting to learn it.

Lurdiak is right though, it'll never happen for the same reasons we still use the goddamn imperial system of measurements.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you buy Gal Gun you go to anime hell when you die

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I played Max Payne 1 and 2 this weekend and they're both really good! John Woo gunplay goes extremely well with pulpy noir writing. Thanks, thread.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

excuse me how do i enable japan mode

Switch the language to Japanese. There's also a cheat code you can input which will enable all the localization changes, but I can't find the code.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I can't imagine a less interesting skill to develop than rapid menu navigation.

It's practical at least

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lizard Wizard posted:

Whoops, forgot to post you. Looks like we still have a grenadier after all!

Put me in, coach, I want to die

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lizard Wizard posted:

Doctor Cheeto lived long enough to become a real doctor, and Snak transcended the RNG to get his gatling gun and grenade launcher back. With Olive still recuperating from her wounds we don't have a sword guy to depend on, so things have been rather touch and go at times! Still, things are going smoothly as XCOM slowly rises.

Last time I got put into a game I ended up as a swordboi with a fedora so I'd say this is going even better

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
e:nm found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kIsEzEmI9w

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 14, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Palpek posted:

drat, her twitter is really scary, I hope she can find support and help. Sorry, I can't really criticize her actions when she's clearly in need of immediate mental help while being flooded with abuse and people telling her to kill herself over and over via e-mail/social media/phone coming from manchild fanboys of huge gaming channels :(

On this subject, Jim Sterling's original video included an email for one of Starmazer DSP's developers which he instructed the viewer to contact if they had a DMCA issue related to Mauer. His audience proceeded to send hate mail to the address under the assumption it was Mauer's I guess and he had to take down his original video and reupload it with the email scrubbed from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHIfb8vphM

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

What's Car Talk about

Two brothers laughing hysterically for an hour

It's the best podcast

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sakurazuka posted:

It's Fallout 3 with better graphics and worse writing, if that's worth $10 is up to you.

How is it even possible to have worse writing than 3

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cowcaster posted:

for every one person being a poo poo about that gay daddy game there's apparently 10,000 people complaining about people being shits about that gay daddy game so it really seems to be a complete non issue

One of the worst things about the internet is the amplification of the absolute worst voices

much like my posting

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

mutata posted:

I think it's the endless over-analysis over people going "lol look at these adults acting like babies how dumb" for 2 seconds.

Well I guess someone won't appreciate my HuffPo thinkpiece

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sakurazuka posted:

I just thought you all should know that Mass Effect Andromeda is not a very good game

It's true

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The improvement in environmental storytelling might be enough to keep you hooked

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh good another anime derail

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Spy Fox: Dry Cereal, I think. There was also some dino game for kids I played a lot of.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Regy Rusty posted:

:hfive:

I loved all the Humongous Entertainment games as a kid

I still think about Pajama Sam Sock Sorter whenever I do laundry

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm dying thinking about massive robot pecs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

What does it do? I remember hearing it wasn't a retrobox for some reason.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That game "Reciever" that came out where you had to manually input every step of reloading a gun was pretty interesting.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

It also doesn't help that the maps are a series of extremely tight chokepoints (I stopped playing around the first summer event so I can't comment on any of the new maps)

Most of the new maps are also a series of extremely tight chokepoints.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Golden Goat posted:

Why not Akiramerica

What about Akirica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted: