Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

alpha_destroy posted:

The loving Royals have won 7 of their last 8 series. What the hell is going on? Baseball is a weird sport.

Do you remember how bad the offense was in April? It was extraordinary.

That being said Alcides Escobar is still dominating the "worst hitter in MLB" contest but Alex Gordon might still beat him depending on how long this recent hot streak lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Blind Pineapple posted:

The Royals aren't nearly as bad of a team as they were in April. They're just a boring average team that will finish with 80-85 wins. They probably would've been better off being super terrible, though, so at least they could get a little return for some of their good players at the deadline. Keeping the core of a team to compete for the second wildcard and is going to leave anyway doesn't seem like a great long-term strategy.

The team is pretty cooked after this year no matter what; I'd just as soon they buy one more ticket to the lottery known as the MLB playoffs rather than blow it up a year in advance. That said in neither case do the Kennedy or Gordon contracts make sense.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
That's kinda harsh especially with Duffy pitching.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I still for the life of me don't understand how Judge went from "middling hitter in AA" to "best hitter on planet" between the ages of 23 and 25.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Today Kershaw finally has a chance to show he's surpassed Danny Duffy as the game's premier power LHP.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that in high school Aaron Judge was simultaneously a superstar pitcher, 1B, tight end, and power forward. Aaron Judge is basically Bill Brasky.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nashville, Hampton Roads, or Sacramento would all be good choices. Probably Hampton Roads first...that place really needs a big league sports team.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that the game where Bo ran along the wall was also Curt Schilling's first career win.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Are the Sox going to send off Abreu for a poor return also?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
BILL BRASKY heard that some egghead at NASA said you couldn't hit the roof with a baseball so BRASKY went and tried out for the Yankees rookie league team, made it to the majors, led the league in home runs at the all star break and then put a ball through the roof, later he found the NASA egghead and helped him make some adjustments to the international space station trajectory while making love to the guy's wife

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
How in the hell did that guy decline so quickly? He was a fantastic hitter.

speaking of steep declines is country breakfast playing ball anywhere these days?

edit 2 - I guess looking at panda's numbers his decline was actually quite gradual, but still, how did he get so much worse in his mid 20s?

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 14, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
clutch isn't a thing, people

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Rangers have a lot of very good young hitters, they pretty much did a rebuild in place.

Now the young hitters need to start hitting, is the thing.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
One time when I was visiting Columbia I made the decision to go to a buffalo wild wings when the cardinals were playing in the world series. This is what we term a "life mistake".

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

first ball game

BASEBALL

(baby's shirt was mine when I was his age...it's vintage)

bewbies fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 23, 2017

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_oakPge7Q

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

(Jesus loving Christ I hate Rex Hudler)

wtf

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
What is the biggest height differential between 1st and 2nd WAR finishers in an MLB season? We may break that record this year

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Royals are a half game back of the Yankees. Yankees run differential is +106. Royals run differential is -17. BASEBALL

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there some sort of cool tool that allows one to see what a player's stats would be if they played their home games in another ballpark?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Beltre's probably had a better career than George Brett. Well that's my take on things.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Goddamn I was looking at Price's baseball reference and holy poo poo that contract. I do not remember his contract being that enormous.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Finally Melky has returned to lead the Royals to glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

L-Boned posted:

Put $100 bucks on the Royals to win the WS on 33/1 odds. Seemed like a good risk.

my man

• Locked thread