Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Because some of you either:

A - Have a fundamental misunderstanding about the press
or
B - Find it necessary to break everything because you are a god drat mentally challenged neanderthal..

I closed the previous thread and made a new one. Stick to the god drat news and if you want to have a loving slap fight over dumb poo poo, take it Here.

When we last checked in with actual news...

North Korea built a rocket that can actually hit the US. But only Alaska so its not like they are going to hit anything of value outside of Polar Bears. Which frankly will make me more upset than hitting actual US citizens.

Tillerson getting even more angry about staffing.

Trump supporters are loving stupid. Think the Declaration of Independence is a call to revolution against the Moron Mango.

Cops crash a party. Don't shoot anyone.

The US finally learns what happened to Amelia Earhart, a few decades after the Marshall Island natives told them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You forgot to mention CNN blackmailldoxxing a guy in the OP, friend.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

I wish you were still permabanned

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

redneck nazgul posted:

Dumb retarded poo poo.

Shut the gently caress up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

redneck nazgul posted:

No he didnt

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nz holding parade today celebrating stolen silver from USA

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It was worth a shot

I can't wait to read the reports forum

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can't believe this guy thinks anyone gives a single gently caress about the america's cup to post about it multiple times

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
america wins the world series 99% of the time

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I had to look it up apparently its a bunch of super rich dudes on yachts or something

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh, great.

boats

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I can't believe this guy thinks anyone gives a single gently caress about the america's cup to post about it multiple times

:smugdog::pipe:

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

If owning the cup doesn't also mean owning America by extension then who cares?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think if it did mean owning potato it'd be less a trophy and more a medal of shame in 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

1337JiveTurkey posted:

If owning the cup doesn't also mean owning America by extension then who cares?

Have you seen America lately? Who'd want us

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Take my country wife, please!

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Okay make it a race to dump the cup in the Pacific point of inaccessibility instead.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Maybe we could start a pool for when the size of the list of banned current events in the current events thread equals the list of Homeland Security terror threat search terms.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
im pretty sure the other one is dead cause theres going to be a slap fight in it soon (that im a part of cause im dumb)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's settle the argument by outing the guy ourselves.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

"She persisted, we resisted" is good because it reminds American voters of the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, who continues to enjoy widespread popularity.

"I mean, have you seen the other guys?" is also good because it explicitly reiterates the passive, negative messaging of the 2016 election, which paid dividends for Democratic candidates up and down the ticket

On the other hand, "Make Congress Blue Again" is nice because it really hammers home the point that the Democratic party has no message, not even four original words.

But I've gotta say my favorite is "Resist & Persist," with its tone of resignation and implied acceptance of the status quo coupled with that cursive ampersand evoking an invitation to a gay wedding in the Hamptons. (Not to mention that eye-catching yellow!)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm pretty sure the persisted thing is about Elizabeth Warren and not Clinton

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
doxx my racist hole daddy

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Let's settle the argument by outing the guy ourselves.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

im sure reddit will since he 'turned his back' on them

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Callboy
Callgirl
Camel
Cannibal
Cave man
Chaavanist
Chaot
Chauvi
Cheater
Chicken
Children fucker
Clit
Clown
Cock
Cock master
Cock up
Cockboy
Cockfucker
Cockroach
Coky
Con merchant
Con-man
Country bumpkin
Cow
Creep
Creep
Cretin
Criminal
oval office
oval office sucker

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ded posted:

Callboy
Callgirl
Camel
Cannibal
Cave man
Chaavanist
Chaot
Chauvi
Cheater
Chicken
Children fucker
Clit
Clown
Cock
Cock master
Cock up
Cockboy
Cockfucker
Cockroach
Coky
Con merchant
Con-man
Country bumpkin
Cow
Creep
Creep
Cretin
Criminal
oval office
oval office sucker

That's a lot of safe words, how am I supposed to finish!?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/united-states-files-civil-action-forfeit-thousands-ancient-iraqi-artifacts-imported

Hobby Lobby guy has been buying Iraqi artifacts (and probably supporting ISIS cause who else is selling them)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

I'm pretty sure the persisted thing is about Elizabeth Warren and not Clinton

They're still all godawful

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kawasaki Nun posted:

They're still all godawful

oh yeah no argument there

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/united-states-files-civil-action-forfeit-thousands-ancient-iraqi-artifacts-imported

Hobby Lobby guy has been buying Iraqi artifacts (and probably supporting ISIS cause who else is selling them)
Now where have I heard of whacko fundamentalists importing Iraqi artifacts? Snow Crash

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is this again, or is it the same case that was in the news a few years back?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Is this again, or is it the same case that was in the news a few years back?

maybe?

quote:

In October 2010, an expert on cultural property law retained by Hobby Lobby warned the company that the acquisition of cultural property likely from Iraq, including cuneiform tablets and cylinder seals, carries a risk that such objects may have been looted from archaeological sites in Iraq. The expert also advised Hobby Lobby to review its collection of antiquities for any objects of Iraqi origin and to verify that their country of origin was properly declared at the time of importation into the United States. The expert warned Hobby Lobby that an improper declaration of country of origin for cultural property could lead to seizure and forfeiture of the artifacts by CBP.

Notwithstanding these warnings, in December 2010, Hobby Lobby executed an agreement to purchase over 5,500 Artifacts, comprised of cuneiform tablets and bricks, clay bullae and cylinder seals, for $1.6 million. The acquisition of the Artifacts was fraught with red flags. For example, Hobby Lobby received conflicting information where the Artifacts had been stored prior to the inspection in the UAE. Further, when the Artifacts were presented for inspection to Hobby Lobby’s president and consultant in July 2010, they were displayed informally. In addition, Hobby Lobby representatives had not met or communicated with the dealer who purportedly owned the Artifacts, nor did they pay him for the Artifacts. Rather, following instructions from another dealer, Hobby Lobby wired payment for the Artifacts to seven personal bank accounts held in the names of other individuals.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yep that's the one.

Also :stare:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

oh yeah no argument there

otoh, the GOP's current messaging regarding the dumpster full of abortions fire that is the repeal of Obamacare is "oh yeah, let's see the Democrats come up with something better"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Representative Steve Scalise (R-not safe at second) is back in the ICU due to "concerns about infection", relisted in serious condition.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rep-steve-scalise-back-intensive-care-three-weeks-after-shooting-n779966

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Current event: Trump should be touching dien in Germany right about now, taking a trip to Hamburg later in the day, visiting one of my favorite places there, Gröninger Privatbrauerei, which everyone should check out once in a lifetime.

25 thousand cops are standing by and looking forward to the already assembled left-wing/anti-globalism/black-bloc/anarchist protesters, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

at the date posted:

"She persisted, we resisted" is good because it reminds American voters of the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, who continues to enjoy widespread popularity.

"I mean, have you seen the other guys?" is also good because it explicitly reiterates the passive, negative messaging of the 2016 election, which paid dividends for Democratic candidates up and down the ticket

On the other hand, "Make Congress Blue Again" is nice because it really hammers home the point that the Democratic party has no message, not even four original words.

But I've gotta say my favorite is "Resist & Persist," with its tone of resignation and implied acceptance of the status quo coupled with that cursive ampersand evoking an invitation to a gay wedding in the Hamptons. (Not to mention that eye-catching yellow!)

The Democratic Party: now on Etsy

• Locked thread