Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

But whatever this is still largely great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like this isn't going to be the larger conflict of the manga unless the run is going to be really short.

I don't feel like Tsu ties into the space theme that comes back to the petrifiction wave, but maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Mikl posted:

Okay, I can't be the only one who hears the Zelda do do do doooo sound byte whenever this manga says "(x) acquired!"
Wait this manga doesn't have audio????

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah I was kinda hoping it wouldn't go to that joke, but it did, oh well.

Also I am constantly amazed at how good this manga is at having pages of horror that make you sit up and grimace. That is some really good art.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dragonatrix posted:

The prequel centering around the robot is almost entirely so that people can't have a reason to complain it's a nonsense and terrible deus ex machina when Senku goes into space and finds it.
I assume more likely it will be dead and we're supposed to feel some sort of emotional something as Senku dismantles its guts to make... I don't know, a toaster oven so he can experience bagels again

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I've not been too high on Dr. Stone lately, but whatever, that set of panels has me giggling.

Team The Mobile Lab was a crewmate and that pose, drat it, perfect

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Where have I seen...

Oh yeah

I just found out her name is Meduzi. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

LanceKing2200 posted:

I think the most wild thing is that they spent so long building that base and setting up defenses for them to be basically worthless. Obviously Sanley and co have guns/grenades/etc, but they apparently broke through the traps and defenses so easily it wasn't even shown.
It feels kinda more like a shift in writing direction makes doing that register how much time should pass between the fatal woundings and the resolution of the plot.

In general I'm finding this last ramp up like they've decided to kick out of this arc rather than get mired down, which is good for me. But it does kinda feel like a retread of the climax of a previous arc.