Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Are people quitting midgame more often recently? I haven't played in a while, but just came out of 4 games in a row where someone on my team quit out and hosed us over (including one where only 3 people showed up during the intro team scene).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

:tif:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
That looks fine to me

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
What are the chances that all three of your teammates will die at the last second.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
FAT SQUID GOTTA SWEEEM.
DA GLASS SALMON GONNA EATCHU UP

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

In Training posted:

I know it's old hat at this point but who still hasn't bought GTAV

I haven't! I've just not bothered, I didn't like 4 very much and Saints Row has given me my fill of open world action for now.

Throw yourself in the water. It takes like four seconds for the animation to finish, and you're not considered dead until it ends.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
All of the posts in-game about everybody's sexual preferences has inspired me. I'm going to post in this squid-kid game about how much I love huge tits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean I haven't bought it either but I mean who at this point has wanted to buy GTAV but hasn't yet...how is it still charting??

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I mean I haven't bought it either but I mean who at this point has wanted to buy GTAV but hasn't yet...how is it still charting??
Xbox and PS4 have no games.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Gimbal lock posted:

All of the posts in-game about everybody's sexual preferences has inspired me. I'm going to post in this squid-kid game about how much I love huge tits.

gently caress off my dude

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
#MakeArowanaGreatAgain

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Arowana was never good!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope we get a new stage instead of a weapon this week

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteBovineFloofGingerPower
Welcome to the grand finals ok good bye.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If I'm going to buy Splatoon 2, do I pay $45 for a physical cart or $60 for the convenience of digital

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Think of it this way. There's always gonna be somebody who just turned thirteen.

edit: On another note, there has been some discussion in the past on the proper terminology for a certain celebratory action in Splatoon 2, and I need to inform you that the proper term is "squidkidding" because it is technically accurate and family friendly.

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 21, 2017

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

dragon enthusiast posted:

#MakeArowanaGreatAgain

:yeah:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

"It's really hard to get up the uninkable ramp."
Which is a pretty good reason to never use it, as seen here.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Sam Faust posted:

edit: On another note, there has been some discussion in the past on the proper terminology for a certain celebratory action in Splatoon 2, and I need to inform you that the proper term is “squidkidding” because it is technically accurate and family friendly.

Any term can be family friendly if you lie about the etymology! Saves you the trouble of coming up with new terms.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If I'm going to buy Splatoon 2, do I pay $45 for a physical cart or $60 for the convenience of digital

I paid for convenience. Also it's the same price here :australia:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Part Time Pirate shirt was my jam in Splats 1. I hope they add it back in Splats 2 before long.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I finally unlocked the Clash Blaster and it rules. How do I git gud with the stingray though?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

I finally unlocked the Clash Blaster and it rules. How do I git gud with the stingray though?

Practice, of course. I find the best use for it is to clear out a single small area.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
also you get thermal ink on the entire enemy team while in squid form so abuse it and fire in spurts if you need to reposition

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Rapid Blaster is my new spirit animal. :swoon:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

bandaid.friend posted:

The reason you don't see them is squids die after breeding

"So you gotta choose between a life without sex, or a gruesome death? ... Tough call."

In Training posted:

I know it's old hat at this point but who still hasn't bought GTAV
Me. Didn't have a decent enough rig when it was on special, didn't see a good enough special after I got the rig.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 21, 2017

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Me. Didn't have a decent enough rig when it was on special, didn't see a good enough special after I got the rig.

The real question is who is buying it NOW.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Lemme just take a peek, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand still not me.

$42 for a loving Fable revamp? gently caress offfff.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Some day, when I face my equivalent of four sloshers being dumped on me, I also hope to accept my end with peace and find comfort in the life I led.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

also you get thermal ink on the entire enemy team while in squid form so abuse it and fire in spurts if you need to reposition

i do a thing with my stingray where i fire at a squid, if i lose track after i get a few hits in then i quickly squid to see them, reaim and start firing again until they get splatted, then i do the same thing to my next target. might do a squid/fire/squid/fire several times so long as the stingray is active

however if i get splatted by the same squid later in the match, i get squidbagged cause they think im bming them, which i guess is what they interpreted it as :(

also my favorite thing when i have a charged stingray is when someone on my team marks a bad guy with a point sensor (do the stingray dance)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Playing from behind in Splat Zones is an absolutely miserable experience. Once a team gets ahead, they pretty much stay ahead. Taking the zone back from the other team is like pulling teeth. Easily my least favorite of the ranked modes.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So is it just me, or are all high ranked matches just two teams taking turns poking eachother with grenades until someone gets impatient and dies? This poo poo is lame and the autobomb is stupidly annoying for how easy it is to set and forget.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Night Blade posted:

So is it just me, or are all high ranked matches just two teams taking turns poking eachother with grenades until someone gets impatient and dies? This poo poo is lame and the autobomb is stupidly annoying for how easy it is to set and forget.

If by high rank, you mean S+, then yes, matches are very very passive. Mistakes are very costly there so people tend to play passively until the other team fucks up. A rank is a blood bath. S+ rank, considerably less so. Kill counts in the single digits tends to be really common there.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

Playing from behind in Splat Zones is an absolutely miserable experience. Once a team gets ahead, they pretty much stay ahead. Taking the zone back from the other team is like pulling teeth. Easily my least favorite of the ranked modes.

I think the problem you're running into is that Sturgeon Shipyard and Starfish Mainstage are in rotation right now, and the zone gives a very effective high ground advantage on both of those maps.

My favourite maps for Splat Zones are The Reef (the zone is vulnerable low ground) and Inkblot Art Academy (it works a lot like Kelp Dome from the first game where no one player can see the whole zone at once). You get a lot more trading of control on those maps.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 21, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So it seems like Inklings tend to be overgrown children/stereotypes of young people who can barely be arsed paying attention to anything except what's fresh and trendy, and happen to have a favourite hobby of gladiatorial combat especially to settle petty arguments, while Octarians are mad scientists who come up with all kinds of fancy technology but can't think of any better way to power it than to steal glowfish and plug them into over-capacity power boards.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Once again millennials are the target.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo UK are hosting the Splatoon 2 UK Championships for consumers of fish and chips. First qualifications start this weekend.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Definitely gonna be going to the London one with friends. Sucks that's the only one with no proper info right now.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zeruel posted:

Once again millennials are the target.

One of the sunken scrolls is (extremely mild spoiler of joke) avocado toast on inkstagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Stop getting on the tower at the beginning of the match when the coast isn't clear. Oh look, now you're dead and the enemy team gets to push the tower unopposed.

Get off the goddamn tower if there's more than one person on it. There is absolutely no reason why more than one person should be on the tower unless the entire enemy team is dead. The tower is nothing more than a death trap. The fact that it moves slightly faster (which doesn't even make that much of a difference in most cases) when more people are on it is absolutely not worth the risk of more than one person dying on it. The spike isn't gonna be able to protect everyone. Only one person should ride the tower while the rest of the team clears a path for the tower.

If any of you were wondering why people aren't getting on the tower, that's why.