Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Most annoying turf war ever, one random team mate just seemed to follow me around the map just shooting at ground I already inked, what's that about!

Also, in a different turf war, I had the pro splattershot and 3 of my team mates had the aerospray thing, I thought this would be an easy victory if I went ahead and killed the opposite team whilst they just inked everything with their superior coverage. However, no, they just all ran to the front line for direct combat and left half the map uninked. I spent the last minute of the match trying to coat these parts with the pro splattershot and it was slow and tedious!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
How does your score get calculated on rainmaker? I thought I had an amazing round and I had 21 kills with splattershot pro ( next nearest was 7) but I was the bottom player.... I feel I will be trapped in the C ranks eternally...

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

In Training posted:

The results screen in ranked isn't organize in any order at all

That's good, I won't let it destroy my already fragile self esteem then.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

In Training posted:

It could be alphabetical

https://twitter.com/phatlizzy/status/892472141945294848

Definitely isn't, here is a link to a screenshot of my results on my Twitter for crappy splatoon drawings

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

ranked order might still be organized based on points earned, just that the points aren't displayed anymore

That's what I was thinking, but in rainmaker what gets you the points? If you look at the scoreboard here

https://twitter.com/phatlizzy/status/892472141945294848

How could I be bottom based in points? I just want to know if I'm doing it wrong, I thought I was being helpful protecting the rainmaker carrier, clearing paths etc

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Why do so many people have g&k in their usernames? Is this a thing, what is this thing?

I unlocked league but was sad when I learnt I had to have a friend to play that mode with.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Waiting for UK splatfest! Got to represent team ketchup

Gonna trislosh that ketchup

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Aug 5, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Mayo won in Japan!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Unlocked the .52gal, surprised I like it as much as I do

It's a good weapon, I usually use it in ranked

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Matchmaking is slow as hell this morning. Also, 75 percent of my matches have been ketchup Vs ketchup. I also think it sucks you can't play with your friends like in a normal turf war

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Nintendo need to make pearl and marina amiibo!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Frankston posted:

EU results are in

Mayo 34% Ketchup 66%

Mayo solo 51% ketchup solo 49%

Mayo team 51% ketchup team 49%

It's a global mayo clean sweep :smug:

Very upsetting.....

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

It's a shame there isn't an option to stay on and work another shift with the same team!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

I often don't have enough ink to throw a bomb because I'm shooting all the trash my team mates are busy ignoring

I just got a round 3 grillers while I had the charger. I was doing surprisingly well with my shots but noone bothered with the smallfry and I died repeatedly. Two of the guns we have are totally perfect for the smallfry why are you letting them run around

This is the truth, those bins are guaranteed to open when I am being swamped and do not have enough ink to throw a bomb

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Getting a little tired of being annoyed at my teammates but come on the mode is called Tower Control not literally spend the entire 5 minutes going off to every corner of the map trying to charge your special and ignore my repeated This Way! spamming and only decide to go to the tower when I'm fuckin dead.......control

This was me in tower control yesterday. They are past checkpoint 2, why are 2 of you painting the other side of the map!!!!

Also, in rainmaker an aerospray user on my team spent whole match stood on the goal near our spawn.... Do you not realise that if the other team get this far they will just splat you and your weapon which sucks at combat. Also, what a boring way to play. We won despite him though.

I also love it when you are helping the rainmaker carrier by making a path, no enemies ahead, looking good. Then you see 'you lost the rainmaker' as the rainmaker carrier has decided to run back to the center of the map where everyone is fighting and get splatted.

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 11, 2017

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Crawfish posted:

What map was it? I had an Aerospray pull this poo poo yesterday in shipyard.

I think it was musselforge fitness that I saw this happen, I am B rank so I do see some crazy happenings...

It's just annoying because it is hard to get and keep the rainmaker when you are essentially a team of 3 vs. 4.

The worst thing I saw was someone in my team put a beacon on our own spawn point, WHY??

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I did this once, entirely by accident. Then I had to live with my shame for three looong minutes.

Haha, it's easy to judge others mistakes. The worst thing I have done is fall of the map with the rainmaker....reset!!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

That's a legitimate strategy if it's too close to a pedestal though

Yeah but I just fell off accidentally into water.... I get too stressed carrying the rainmaker!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Lakbay posted:

I fall off the map at least once every Moray Towers game

Yep, I forget there are gaps when jumping down from platforms...

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Nuts and Gum posted:

No Salmon Run on a Friday night? This is bullshit, how do I justify being antisocial now?

This is true. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday should be all salmon run all the time because I hate friends.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
What is squidbagging, woomy and who is octoboy? I see all these things in plaza art but what do they mean???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

Thanks guys, how was I supposed to know these things without asking you! Thought they might be a splatoon 1 referencei didn't get

I get the woomy one as I am female and my squid kid also identifies as such so I know the noise you speak of.